Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

"Welcome in ansh ki shadi leaving behind barbadi" (Page 3718)

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Traditions have the value you imbue into them.  Like the Jhoota thali (JaAn) vs Plate Sharing (AnSh).  It depends quite often on our own interpretations and blind acceptance of subjugation or economic circumstance compelling women to accept the yolk.  Even in the cloak of modernity there is domestic abuse because somewhere even in western culture their is economic dominance by men.  70 cents to a dollar.  less than 30% of  CEO are women (rough stats for US, which has yet to elect a woman prez). 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pri_kinmukAryaSadi2512anshurg5

AryaS IF-Dazzler
AryaS
AryaS

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Sangs - I agree we are the previleged ones...and there are many out there who struggle even to keep their self respect intact...I better don't start about it. This harsh truth is precisely the main reason that got me hooked to BV bcoz for us it would be just a mere fiction but there are many out there for whom this is Life...and yes thats a sad and bitter truth.

And I applaud BV for giving such strong messages...even it it makes a positive change to a handful of people...it is worth it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adi2512anshurg5

Eternal_Way IF-Sizzlerz
Eternal_Way
Eternal_Way

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
ya every system (traditions or modern) has its both sides of coin , but some selfish ppl use them for their convience 

AryaSAnjanaYYZ

roberoi IF-Rockerz
roberoi
roberoi

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

@ Sang,Piyu: Well.. It is not as bad as before is what I meant. That is where education plays an important role. If the woman is educated she will not suffer.

Again and education and understanding are 2 different things...even educated ppl can be assholes and uneducated much better

But the way I am seeing it is different...even the girls who hv power now are forming a kind of female dominated world resulting in imbalance again...

Tali donon haath se bajati hai...

Edited by roberoi - 13 December 2012 at 12:31pm

Pri_kinmukadi2512anshurg5AnjanaYYZ

roberoi IF-Rockerz
roberoi
roberoi

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Ansh kahan gaye????

As I said I dont like to discuss this much as it leads to nowhere...just practice your conviction with truthfulness and someday we hope to hv a better word. Period.

Will join later if this continues for the moment but keep on enjoying as a lurker Smile

Edited by roberoi - 13 December 2012 at 12:30pm

Pri_kinmukadi2512anshurg5Blukitten

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

@ Sang,Piyu: Well.. It is not as bad as before is what I meant. That is where education plays an important role. If the woman is educated she will not suffer.

Education empowers women, but its much more complex.  Education leads to empowerment where its provides economic independence and freedom of thought.  I know plenty of well educated oppressed women.  I ask most of the aunties that push me to marry regularly - and at least a chunk are in unhappy marriages.  They are not illiterate, but lack the societal strength and/or economic strength to leave those marriages.  Not saying all those marriage are abusive, but a segment certainly.  

Pri_kinmukadi2512anshurg5dixie123

Blukitten IF-Sizzlerz
Blukitten
Blukitten

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by roberoi

Neha raat ke ek baje tum kis chakkar mein padi hoWink

Ye time itne serious topic ka nahin haiLOL

Did u get the idea for ff or shall i do the honors

i m going to sleep now...pm me if u hav ff idea ;-)
today tistaa suggested one jungle mein mangal idea ;-)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pri_kinmukroberoianshurg5

anshurg5 IF-Sizzlerz
anshurg5
anshurg5

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

Traditions have the value you imbue into them.  Like the Jhoota thali (JaAn) vs Plate Sharing (AnSh).  It depends quite often on our own interpretations and blind acceptance of subjugation or economic circumstance compelling women to accept the yolk.  Even in the cloak of modernity there is domestic abuse because somewhere even in western culture their is economic dominance by men.  70 cents to a dollar.  less than 30% of  CEO are women (rough stats for US, which has yet to elect a woman prez). 

hi anji,
agree with you.

actually education,financial independence and strong will power are required to start a change.

Edited by anshurg5 - 13 December 2012 at 12:32pm

Blukittendixie123

Go to top