Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

"Welcome in ansh ki shadi leaving behind barbadi" (Page 3712)

Piyuu_SRK IF-Rockerz
Piyuu_SRK
Piyuu_SRK

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparnauma

Because my personal belief is that wedding celebration is two people making the promises in the form of phere /saptapadi or if it is a chrstian wedding exchanging the wedding vows and muslim wedding saying qubool. And the sindoor mangal sutra /taali or ring exchange are just objects to seal the promises that have been made.And the rest are all just part of a celebrations.

But these objects- are they necessary for a marriage?If a woman doesn't wear mangal sutr and sindhoor during her wedding does it mean that she is not married despite doing the phere/exchanging vows?

This is just a thought that occured to me.

I ll think of the answer tomorrow.

Good night all

No Appy.
Infact my mum has never wore mangalsutra/ sindoor. Her reasons are different though that what man wears to show he is married then why women ? Doesnt that means a man dont love woman ? lol so Acc to her wedding is all about understanding, coperation, love and trust. No sindoor/ mangalsutra can stamp it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adi2512aparnauma

Blukitten IF-Sizzlerz
Blukitten
Blukitten

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:45am | IP Logged

Because my personal belief is that wedding celebration is two people making the promises in the form of phere /saptapadi or if it is a chrstian wedding exchanging the wedding vows and muslim wedding saying qubool. And the sindoor mangal sutra /taali or ring exchange are just objects to seal the promises that have been made.And the rest are all just part of a celebrations.

But these objects- are they necessary for a marriage?If a woman doesn't wear mangal sutr and sindhoor during her wedding does it mean that she is not married despite doing the phere/exchanging vows?

Good night all

no dear wearing these objects depends on personal choice n beief..i dont wear any wedding symbol in daily life...sometimes i wear them if i m wearing somethig traditional...it depends on my mood...n tht dosent make me less married than a symbol clad woman..marriage is to be felt frm heart not sindoor or mangalsutra

Pri_kinmukadi2512

adi2512 IF-Sizzlerz
adi2512
adi2512

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Aparna.,

Mangalsutr is akin to wedding rings in Christian wedding.it symbolizes the inseperal bond between the two.
Its a promise that is tied by the husband - that as long as this mangalsutr is around your neck., you are safe and so., I'am safe., b'coz U are the reason of my life.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AryaSanshurg5dixie123

Piyuu_SRK IF-Rockerz
Piyuu_SRK
Piyuu_SRK

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

@Piyu: Hug

Agree Piyu.. When we don't understand what we are doing there is no point. Even in festivals, I hate it when we just follow some things blindly. Even we have period (sorry for bringing this up) I just don't get why the girl is impure and can't do anything auspicious or even do puja. I always argue with my mom on this. It is a natural process and where is impurity in it. But, I have come up with my own interpretations of that.

@Adi: We do the Arundati star too..

@appy: I am sure there are more deeper meanings to the Sindoor and Mangalsutra rather than just being objects to seal the promise.

I remember i used to avoid going inside my house's temple room during Ps. One day my mum asked me that whats the matter with me and when i replied she shot me a ''Are you f***** kidding me look'' and i felt so stupid. LOL She then told me that its not impure but a sort of purification process. Its natural. So no need to do such stupid things. She is way modern than me LOL LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Blukittenadi2512anshurg5aparnauma

Pri_kinmuk Goldie
Pri_kinmuk
Pri_kinmuk

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nniks

Good night all

no dear wearing these objects depends on personal choice n beief..i dont wear any wedding symbol in daily life...sometimes i wear them if i m wearing somethig traditional...it depends on my mood...n tht dosent make me less married than a symbol clad woman..marriage is to be felt frm heart not sindoor or mangalsutra

totally agree with u neha...it has to come form the heart...it should not be forced...both the husband and wife must have love-trust-compatibility...something which has been portrayed so beautifully in ANSH relationship or should I also say shiv-parvati relationship in hinduism

Blukittenadi2512

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:52am | IP Logged
@Piyu,Neha : I think in olden days, maybe it meant, when woman wore these symbols she was taken and hence she wouldn't be an object of harrassment or something like that. She was basically safe. She had a man to protect her and hence no other man would dare touch her.. Something on those lines..

Everything that has come down or passed on to us definitely has a meaning.. It meant more in those days. It doesn't mean to us much because the world has changed since many of these traditions were made..

Blukittenadi2512

anshurg5 IF-Sizzlerz
anshurg5
anshurg5

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adi2512

Aparna.,

Mangalsutr is akin to wedding rings in Christian wedding.it symbolizes the inseperal bond between the two.
Its a promise that is tied by the husband - that as long as this mangalsutr is around your neck., you are safe and so., I'am safe., b'coz U are the reason of my life.

Uma in north indian wedding mangalsutra is not required. we have different symbols like sindoor and bichiya. but nowdays brides wear these according to their taste.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adi2512

adi2512 IF-Sizzlerz
adi2512
adi2512

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

@Piyu,Neha : I think in olden days, maybe it meant, when woman wore these symbols she was taken and hence she wouldn't be an object of harrassment or something like that. She was basically safe. She had a man to protect her and hence no other man would dare touch her.. Something on those lines..

Everything that has come down or passed on to us definitely has a meaning.. It meant more in those days. It doesn't mean to us much because the world has changed since many of these traditions were made..

Nivi.,

Apart form above reason., each of these rituals are carried out in a certain vibration of mantras ...and the cosmic forces act in that particular time...to make that bond strong...for example., the time of tieing the mangal sutr...putting sindoor...etc., etc.,
its called muhurtha balam...
of course you need to have faith in these to believe these...and the mantras need to be chanted in the way they should for it all to happen as it should...LOL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dixie123

Go to top