Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

"Welcome in ansh ki shadi leaving behind barbadi" (Page 3711)

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged

@ Adi: Although I am not a brahmin, we have the Kashi yatra ritual and we have a different interpretation of it.

Piyuu_SRK IF-Rockerz
Piyuu_SRK
Piyuu_SRK

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparnauma

Originally posted by piya_anshian

@ginu di n myra...and all... Hug

@Appy dear... I think its the whole process. Cant point out a single ritual.
If we think logically its weird. Yes. How can putting colored powder in someone's maang makes you married ? Or a simple boack small pearls jewellery prooves that you are married ? How can taking some vows decide everything ? How can circling around agni can certify your marriage ? But these are nothing just rituals. Sort of certificate needed by society. License. Marriage is as said is the combining of two hearts, souls. These rituals are just to make the process more promising, pure, pious and religious. Or say this way you feel that you have promised God that you will be together with the person you have chosen and you feel responsible, lively Embarrassed
All geered up to start a new chapter with the blessings of God and your loved ones

Piya youareright all of them are rituals the vows are the most important thing because they arepromisingother person that they will be there for him/her at all times. Sindhoor mangalsutr are like just used to seal the promise that has been made.But I alwasys find it strange that people give so much importance to sindhoor and mangalsutr thing during the weddings and not about the phere/vows.

Who cares about vows ? Infact people now request pandits to refrain them for the sake of their convenience!
Thats why i dont like this concept of marriage. Total faltu. When you are not understanding the meaning of every vow and applying in your life genuinely then why doing this nautanki and fooling God ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aparnauma

Piyuu_SRK IF-Rockerz
Piyuu_SRK
Piyuu_SRK

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

@ Adi: Although I am not a brahmin, we have the Kashi yatra ritual and we have a different interpretation of it.

Im a brahmin and we have this ritual. Dont know its exact meaning though.

Hi nivu Hug

dixie123

adi2512 IF-Sizzlerz
adi2512
adi2512

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

I think., its there in Kshatriyas as well as Vysyas too..basically who ever wears the sacred thread...

dixie123

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Because my personal belief is that wedding  celebration is two people making the promises in the form of phere /saptapadi or if it is a chrstian wedding exchanging the wedding vows and muslim wedding saying qubool. And the sindoor mangal sutra /taali or ring exchange are just objects to seal the promises that have been made.And the rest are all just part of a celebrations.

But these objects-  are they necessary for a marriage?If a woman doesn't wear mangal sutr and sindhoor during her wedding does it mean that she is not married despite doing the phere/exchanging vows?

This is just a thought that occured to me.

I ll think of the answer tomorrow.

Good night all

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dixie123adi2512

anshurg5 IF-Sizzlerz
anshurg5
anshurg5

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
in traditional hindu wedding all rasams are significant. but i think most important part is that all rituals takes place in front of many relatives who act as a witness to whole ceremony so that any partner can not back off easily after marriage.bride and groom and even their immediate families have to answer all the community  if any thing goes wrong in the marriage.

since gaga marrige has no witness accept G's parents he walks off easily .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dixie123adi2512

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by piya_anshian

[
Who cares about vows ? Infact people now request pandits to refrain them for the sake of their convenience!
Thats why i dont like this concept of marriage. Total faltu. When you are not understanding the meaning of every vow and applying in your life genuinely then why doing this nautanki and fooling God ?

Somebody is truly on anti marriage mode.Wink

You should take your own time in deciding you want it or not

adi2512

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged

@Piyu: Hug

Agree Piyu.. When we don't understand what we are doing there is no point. Even in festivals, I hate it when we just follow some things blindly. Even we have period (sorry for bringing this up) I just don't get why the girl is impure and can't do anything auspicious or even do puja.  I always argue with my mom on this. It is a natural process and where is impurity in it. But, I  have come up with my own interpretations of that.

@Adi: We do the Arundati star too..

@appy: I am sure there are more deeper meanings to the Sindoor and Mangalsutra rather than just being objects to seal the promise.

adi2512

Go to top