Balika Vadhu

"Welcome in ansh ki shadi leaving behind barbadi" - Page 2895

Piyuu_SRK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@ginu di n myra...and all... 🤗

@Appy dear... I think its the whole process. Cant point out a single ritual.
If we think logically its weird. Yes. How can putting colored powder in someone's maang makes you married ? Or a simple boack small pearls jewellery prooves that you are married ? How can taking some vows decide everything ? How can circling around agni can certify your marriage ? But these are nothing just rituals. Sort of certificate needed by society. License. Marriage is as said is the combining of two hearts, souls. These rituals are just to make the process more promising, pure, pious and religious. Or say this way you feel that you have promised God that you will be together with the person you have chosen and you feel responsible, lively 😳
All geered up to start a new chapter with the blessings of God and your loved ones

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
appy according to vedic marriage three things are necessary to complete a marriage

varmala - garland exchange
seven pheras
sindoor daan...

rest all thing like mangalsutra ..kanyadaan...various rituals n games are confined to diff community and regions..but the above three things are common in all hindu marriages of any state or region.
so if only these three things are performed its considered a complete marriage...rest all rituals are secondary
one more thing hindu marriage has to be done in presence of witnesses...without them its considered gandharv vivahEdited by nniks - 11 years ago
anshurg5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
supriya  i think there are different custom in different regions . in our region seven phere around the fire is necessary and after that sindoordan takes place.in between there  are many other rasams.
in 1st four pheras groom leads the way then for last three pheras bride takes his place.this too is symbolic.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: piya_anshian

@ginu di n myra...and all... 🤗

@Appy dear... I think its the whole process. Cant point out a single ritual.
If we think logically its weird. Yes. How can putting colored powder in someone's maang makes you married ? Or a simple boack small pearls jewellery prooves that you are married ? How can taking some vows decide everything ? How can circling around agni can certify your marriage ? But these are nothing just rituals. Sort of certificate needed by society. License. Marriage is as said is the combining of two hearts, souls. These rituals are just to make the process more promising, pure, pious and religious. Or say this way you feel that you have promised God that you will be together with the person you have chosen and you feel responsible, lively 😳
All geered up to start a new chapter with the blessings of God and your loved ones

Piya you are right all of them are rituals the vows are the most important thing because they are promising other person that they will be there for him/her at all times. Sindhoor mangalsutr are like just used to seal the promise that has been made.But I alwasys find it strange that people give so much importance to sindhoor and mangalsutr thing during the weddings and not about the phere/vows.
dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aparnauma

I 'll rephrase the question.Which is 100 % essential?Phere or the mangalsutr/shindoor.

I am asking this because when it was proven that JG marriage has no legal standing but their suuporteers insited that because J put sindhoor and they exchanged garlands they are married in the eyes of God.And I can't remember the pheres in that wedding.

Don't know Appy which is most important.

My guess is sindoor ya mangalsutra because that it is something that is part of the daily routine also. Without that it  does remind probably that they are not completely married.

adi2512 thumbnail

Can anyone tell me what it takes to call them married - Is it the saat phere or rasams(this includes sindhoor and manfgal sutr)

Can it be called a wedding if the man just puts sindhoor on the woman's maang?

Aparna.,

Hindu wedding is a culmination of different steps...each one is co related with another.
Nothing can be isolated...Technically., all the steps need to be followed in that order for the marriage to be sampann ( complete )...ofcourse this is looking at in a traditional POV...but it all depends on the faith the bride & groom have...some may think., that all these are not necessary., if you have the trust & will in your heart.

The Marraige starts with brides send welcoming grooms side., and then each of the sides exchanging pleasentaries...sitting face to face...an interaction..symbolically..
In Brahmin community...there is a ritual called Kashi yatra...where in the brides brother goes and requests the groom who is about to go to Kashi as per brahmacharya vrat..to come and marry his sister. This is not found in other communities for obvious reasons.
Next Main step is Kanyaa daan...where the parents give away their daughter to the groom..this is considered as the greatest daan of all...
Next step is Muhurtam - this is as per Andhra tradition - I do not know., how far it applies to the other states.
This is the most important miment for us., where the bride & the groom promise each other keeping their hands on one another's heads...with a mixture of Jaggery ad Jeera.
This symbolizes., how we cannot seperate jaggery & jeera after they are mixed together., they both promise., that they cannot be seprerated now. They have become one.
Next is Mangalsutr 
Next comes - talambralu...where they both pour on each other's head..rice...it symbolizes tranfer of energy from one another.
Next is saptapadi - the andhra version of pheras - where the groom takes the big toe of bride and makes her touch seven pebbles that are lined...one by one...
The meaning of the mantras is same as in every tradition. Only that we do not go round the fire.
Then they go & see Arundhati  ( the star )- the most pious pativrata and take her blessings.

These are only main parts. there are many little little rasms that come inbetween all these...

oooh...its a looong post...Sowwiee..couldn't help...😆

dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@ Adi: Although I am not a brahmin, we have the Kashi yatra ritual and we have a different interpretation of it.

Piyuu_SRK thumbnail

Piya youareright all of them are rituals the vows are the most important thing because they arepromisingother person that they will be there for him/her at all times. Sindhoor mangalsutr are like just used to seal the promise that has been made.But I alwasys find it strange that people give so much importance to sindhoor and mangalsutr thing during the weddings and not about the phere/vows.

Who cares about vows ? Infact people now request pandits to refrain them for the sake of their convenience!
Thats why i dont like this concept of marriage. Total faltu. When you are not understanding the meaning of every vow and applying in your life genuinely then why doing this nautanki and fooling God ?
Piyuu_SRK thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dixie123

@ Adi: Although I am not a brahmin, we have the Kashi yatra ritual and we have a different interpretation of it.

Im a brahmin and we have this ritual. Dont know its exact meaning though.

Hi nivu 🤗
adi2512 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dixie123

I think., its there in Kshatriyas as well as Vysyas too..basically who ever wears the sacred thread...