TVmonk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
For last few days, I have been wondering, whether we have anybody from Amritsar on this forum. I would really like to read whether Siddhu ji is same in his real life. I mean it.

Sometimes what happens is , when you are put on a pedestal by somebody, in this case an entire group of people, you really can't let them down.  ( for reference Teesri Kasam of Raj Kapoor, whoever may have watched it.)

You put your best foot forward and try to "unki ummedon par khara utarna" You behave as per what you want them to believe about you.
Infact in yesterday's chat Siddhu ji said, "gharwalon ne mujhe badal diya". In my earlier post too, I had mentioned, right in the initial moment itself, all the contestants put him on a pedestal, without even knowing him closely. May this have worked for Siddhu ji to become even more patient and understanding, than he might be in his real life? 

Just a thought! He was unknowingly put in that Big Brother role and he did a brilliant job to the given role.

this is not to bash or praise Siddhu ji, I am just amazed at him.Did we see this concept come to life in BB house? I am not from Punjab and I really do not know him. But the newspaper reports etc had given me a different image of Siddhu ji.

Plz if somebody could give an unbiased view...😊
 Plz carry on the discussion, I will be able to reply only in the evening.πŸ‘πŸΌ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nawanshahr thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I m frm punjab. . Let me share one incident abt sidhu . . .

Last year amritsar mein punjabi laughter challenge k grand finale mein sidhu judge k liye ayea. Us stage me punjabi singer diljit dosanjh(tere nal love ho gya- jatt pipa pipa fame) ne bi perform kiya. . .diljit ki image bohat kharab hai . . .kuch geet bohat cheap gaye aur yo yo honey singh ka frnd hone ki wajay se. .
Us stage par jab hooting karne lage audience mein. . .sidhu neeche se upar stage pe gya n kissed diljit. . .he motivate him n encouraged him to do gud work in future. . Diljit emotinal ho gya he touched sidhu's feet.
Now look where diljit is ? On d top. . .his film jatt & juliet is blockbuster, new album back to basic bi world top charts itune mein hai. .

Sidhu bigg boss mein hi nai real lyf me bi sab ko motivate kiya. .Edited by Nawanshahr - 11 years ago
music_masti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TSakshi

For last few days, I have been wondering, whether we have anybody from Amritsar on this forum. I would really like to read whether Siddhu ji is same in his real life. I mean it.

Sometimes what happens is , when you are put on a pedestal by somebody, in this case an entire group of people, you really can't let them down.  ( for reference Teesri Kasam of Raj Kapoor, whoever may have watched it.)

You put your best foot forward and try to "unki ummedon par khara utarna" You behave as per what you want them to believe about you.
Infact in yesterday's chat Siddhu ji said, "gharwalon ne mujhe badal diya". In my earlier post too, I had mentioned, right in the initial moment itself, all the contestants put him on a pedestal, without even knowing him closely. May this have worked for Siddhu ji to become even more patient and understanding, than he might be in his real life? 

Just a thought! He was unknowingly put in that Big Brother role and he did a brilliant job to the given role.

this is not to bash or praise Siddhu ji, I am just amazed at him.Did we see this concept come to life in BB house? I am not from Punjab and I really do not know him. But the newspaper reports etc had given me a different image of Siddhu ji.

Plz if somebody could give an unbiased view...😊
 Plz carry on the discussion, I will be able to reply only in the evening.πŸ‘πŸΌ

the samething they have given to sampath also...but what happnd...

that's the difference...
-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Well, usually there is no point in sharing personal experiences on a forum, but personally for me this one is a very memorable one and as Sidhu Paa ji is not in BB House now, so no harm in sharing!

Feb 29, 1996, a date that I can never forget because of Sherry Paa Ji...and ofcourse the jealously guarded diary that has all gory details!πŸ˜›

Like many kids, I was an aspiring cricketer too and dad had enrolled me with one of the best Coaches in Delhi, Mr. Gursharan Singh. One day, our coach thrilled us with the news that select few of us would get a chance to bowl in the nets to some Indian cricketers, who were in City to play SriLanka 2 days later (1996 World Cup game at Delhi)!...I was 13 at that time and once he told me you are one of the selected ones, naturally, whole night tossed and turned in bed, 6-8 times cleaned up my already sparkling, brand new cricket spikes shoes, slept holding a ball practicing grips every time I would wake up,(which I did whole night)...☺️

Any way...next day, 6 of us were transported to National Stadium Delhi where Indian team had it's morning nets session (afternoon ones at Ferozeshah Kotla Stadium where match itself was to be played two days later).

Heart in mouth me and other kids were watching our dream icons facing Indian team bowlers as well as Delhi Ranji Trophy bowlers bowl to legends like Sanjay Manjrekar, Azhar, Prabhakar, Kambli, Ajay Jadeja etc...I was itching to bowl to Sachin, who already had become darling of kids of those times but who would pay attention to a few wonder struck kids who were only there to get some inspiration and ppossibly a few arm roll overs?

Some 3 hours of frustrating wait in pleasant sunshine of February Delhi--------And then the miracle happened! Gursharan Sir tossed the ball to me and said,"Net 3...shaabash!" And who do I find facing one bowler after other there in Net 3? Our Sherry Paa ji ofcourse!

I was a decent bat and wanted to focus on batting alone but on coach's advise had taken to off spin bowling. My first ball, Sherry Paa Ji, blocked on off and middle and himself picked and tossed it back. 5 more chaps bowled to him...then the second ball---He played it with a dead defensive bat---again a few chaps bowled to him!...Third delivery, turned out to be an over flighted one and God only knows why,. Sherry Sir, the SIXER SIDHU of Indian team, rather than coming on front foot and hoicking me straight over my head for a SIX, inexplicably went on backfoot, missed line and ball trapped him on his right pad, bang in front of stumps!-------------------------πŸ€“

I can never forget what he did next-------------------for a few seconds he remained hunched on both his feet, then slowly lifted his head side ways, wink of left eye firmly in place and smilingly said,"OUT HOON KAKKE!----OUT HOON"

After that I would have bowled may be 12 more deliveries to him, most of them either lofted straight out of ground or straight scorching drives, but NOTHING mattered for me any more!....The fact that one of my deliveries had got him and his lovely acknowledgement is what I was living with all the time!🀣

Apart from him I bowled to Kumble and Srinath in nets, but Sherry Paa ji had become the hero for me!...Not because I beat him with a delivery but because of his super sporting gesture of acknowledging a kid! πŸ‘

2 days later, we were taken to Stadium where India made some 270 plus runs riding on a majestic hundred by Sachin Tendulkar and yet India lost the game because of Jayasuriya massacre of Indian bowlers...and I was sad all the time, because Sherry Paa Ji could not play that game because of neck strain he got the day before!
Edited by cruiser51 - 11 years ago
never met him but ..he seems really good to me..
sarasingh86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have family and relatives
 living in Punjab.If heard anything about him its mostly Good. He has done lot for his constituency Amritsar and is one of the rare politicians not involved in any kind of corruption.He is great motivational speaker and positive thinker. Proud that he belongs to Punjab n more of to IndiaπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by sarasingh86 - 11 years ago
m from punjab and believe me he is just same as he was shown in bigboss...i have met him,,seen him behaving
sarasingh86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nawanshahr

I m frm punjab. . Let me share one incident abt sidhu . . .

Last year amritsar mein punjabi laughter challenge k grand finale mein sidhu judge k liye ayea. Us stage me punjabi singer diljit dosanjh(tere nal love ho gya- jatt pipa pipa fame) ne bi perform kiya. . .diljit ki image bohat kharab hai . . .kuch geet bohat cheap gaye aur yo yo honey singh ka frnd hone ki wajay se. .
Us stage par jab hooting karne lage audience mein. . .sidhu neeche se upar stage pe gya n kissed diljit. . .he motivate him n encouraged him to do gud work in future. . Diljit emotinal ho gya he touched sidhu's feet.
Now look where diljit is ? On d top. . .his film jatt & juliet is blockbuster, new album back to basic bi world top charts itune mein hai. .

Sidhu bigg boss mein hi nai real lyf me bi sab ko motivate kiya. .

Yah i watched that video on youtube. Did Diljit fell on the stage as wellπŸ˜† . Heard sidhuji motivating him , he was truly touched.
See video

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx58p4musW0[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx58p4musW0
Edited by sarasingh86 - 11 years ago
y da way diljit aur honey singh ki aukad abhi bhi kutte jaisi hi hai..movie hit jaroor hui par they are still hated may be some city audience like them..but they dont have crazy following like gurdass maann aur babbu mann
Nawanshahr thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Yes sara, u r rite. . .diljit stage toh slip kar gya c. . .lol thx 4 sharing video.
Agree wid u speedi. . .gurdas mann to punjab is like rajnikant to south.Edited by Nawanshahr - 11 years ago