Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

From insiders to politics to "Rumours" (Page 58)

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Priya, thank you very much for both your posts. Many people have already realized what is happening. Those who haven't, I hope they read your posts and think about it. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

craziefancrazyaddictionnandu_2007cuppa_n_cricketAphrodite88Omorabotipri_armaan

shweta2482 IF-Rockerz
shweta2482
shweta2482

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yvon

Originally posted by honeypriya

Originally posted by Dazee

Oh dear -- an echo chamber of lies...

http://entertainmentindiannews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/star-plus-not-keen-to-end-iss-pyaar-ko.html

Saturday, 10 November 2012

Star Plus not keen to end Iss Pyaar ko kya naam doon?

For a long time Iss Pyaar Ko kya naam doon fans have been battling with rumours that Barun sobti was leaving. A couple of months ago he clarified he wasn't and now it seems he actually is. Barun Sobti confirmed he was taking a 'Break' from the show but an insider of the channel revealed it was actually a permanent break and he is leaving to pursue films and spend time with family. The upset Arnav and Khushi fans since knowing this news most of them have been voicing the demand to the channel to end it on a good note rather then bringing a replacement for Barun's character or another lead for Khushi.   I spoke to a source onset who said, 'Right now the channel is being bombarded by fans to either end the show or go on a break. A break is not possible as either way Barun has no desire to continue and to end it the channel don't want to because of the popularity of the show and are bringing a new guy for Khushi and a new lovestory'. I asked whether Sanaya was still continuing with the show and he said 'Yes, she is'. 

Right now it remains to be seen how they ease out Arnav from the show and what will happen next as the channel want to build a new lovestory with Khushi and a new character. 

For latest news watch this space

Can this dumb journos answer - how will they show Khushi with a new love story...when she is happily married wid Arnav...they don't even fight...lol...even this huge Sheetal drama didn't cause a single tension in their relation...so wat will our great PH show - that Khushi wakes up one morning nd decide I am bored of Arnav,let me go get myself a new love story...Clap

Or maybe she wakes up one morning and says this was all a dream.

Remember Dallas.LOL

Hi priya, I'm yvon.

no this nt true sanaya is nt ready to work another guys if barun will leave then sanaya will also leave this is her final decision so our demands is barun should nt quit and new PH

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionnicki11

..ashiya.. IF-Rockerz
..ashiya..
..ashiya..

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Was really waiting for some post like thsi.. Thanks for the positivity.. I m just confused what to believe and what not. All i want is Barun to stay.. Hope he stays!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddiction

tanmana IF-Dazzler
tanmana
tanmana

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged
why barun will leave ...he s forced...spam spam spam
pri_armaan IF-Sizzlerz
pri_armaan
pri_armaan

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Priya please come and post here! Anything!

hows BS feeling now? How are Sarun?

i dont know bt m feeling lost and very sad :(

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionshubz1smiley-shineyhoneypriya

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Guys, here is a draft of my appeal to Mr. Shankar.  I will edit it some more after looking at  New Corps and STAR's annual reports in depth tomorrow morning; it will then be sent  to all the ppl on the SP list. 

Dear Mr. Shankar,

I am a U.S. based Dish Network subscriber who has access to STAR Plus (SP) and other South Asian programming.  In a recent interview to the Business Standard, you said "as a content person, I have realized that the way people connect to content is the same for news or entertainment." (Tea with BS, June 26, 2012.) I have to admit I have not connected to much of the offerings on SP, other than to your groundbreaking show, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon  (IPK). Kudos to your team for giving us such a gripping, intense, sensitive and passionate screenplay, depicting an ethereal love story so brilliantly portrayed by Barun Sobti as Arnav Singh Raizada, and Sanaya Irani as Khushi Kumari Gupta.  As you are obviously aware, the show is watched across the Indian Sub-continent and diaspora, and has a cross-cultural appeal which has redefined Indian television.

Your partner here is 4 Lions Films, a relatively new production house (PH) in the entertainment space.  I applaud the PH for trying to create a "niche" product, one that I had embraced completely until recently.  In the time the show has been on-air, I have come to understand that with a daily Indian soap opera, we are to expect and accept peaks and valleys in the "content" provided, but does this include abruptly changing tracks, grossly under utilizing the excellent supporting cast which makes up this ensemble, pressurizing your actors to accept appalling working conditions, hours, and most importantly, a substandard script which seems to make up this "content" now? 

It is clear the PH, which currently has a new show on a competing channel, is unable to maintain high production values for IPK at this juncture.  The slide in these values is most obvious in the shift away from the USP of this show: Arnav and Khushi's love story.  Rather than carrying the story forward on a positive note, the producers seem, at times, undecided, and frankly, disinterested, in the direction of the screenplay. Is this what we get for being loyal viewers?

In the last few weeks, there has been much negative backlash against this PH because of the inconsistency and change in the tracks, the pressure tactics used on the male lead, the PH's new focus away from this show, the list goes on.  In a world which increasingly operates on a dynamic, virtual platform, these kind of adverse reactions affect the way in which we, the viewers, watch your show.  In the last two days alone, numerous articles have been posted about: 1) Mr. Sobti leaving the show; 2) The male protagonist being replaced by a new male character; 3) The show coming to an end imminently; and 4) A possible Season II with Mr. Sobti and Ms. Irani, after a revamp period.  Indian media outlets  as well as online social networking sites carry these rumors in real time, and there is absolutely no damage control on the part of the PH or the channel here.  Meanwhile, viewers across the globe are scrambling for clarity, and many are considering unsubscribing from STAR programming completely (myself included.)

With STAR India's revenues estimated at Rs. 4,500 crores for FY 2012, it is obvious why Mr. Murdoch, Chairman  & CEO of News Corporation, STAR India's parent company, looks to India and your network "to develop market-leading capabilities in that important and burgeoning region". (News Corporation, Annual Report, 2010)  To this end, IPK has been a revenue generator not only in India, but also in the international markets.  However, with Indian advertising income being offset by the weakening rupee, there is increased pressure on STAR's international markets. If the show goes off the air, or if the male lead leaves or is replaced, there is a high probability that a large portion of your viewership, particularly in the United States and in the United Kingdom, will cancel their subscriptions to STAR Plus. In turn, your advertisers will be affected; the repercussions could result in  substantial  revenue losses.  Is this is a risk you are willing to take, given the increased competition among all South Asian programming providers in these nations?

You take great pride in your new corporate repositioning with the "Rishta Wahi, Soch Nayi"  tagline. As a viewer, it suggests that the channel and the network at large are committed to innovative thinking, and providing programming which reflects this new mindset.  In one of your articles, you had stated "we have a social contract with the viewers, and we must be very careful that we are able to deliver and build on that trust and deepen the channel and viewer bond."  It is in this spirit that I request your team to sit down with 4 Lions Films to strategize a long-term working plan for IPK, keeping in mind those loyal viewers who are desperate to hang-on to the old IPK "magic". I would also like STAR Plus to consider removing the show from the hands of the current producers, and assigning another production house or the channel to take over; it increasingly seems to be the best option for it.

IPK will no longer be that love story of star-crossed lovers who redefined the nafrat-mohabbat nexus, if either of the actors leaves the show, or if a new male protagonist is introduced. Every fan, every well-wisher is eternally grateful to Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani, as well as their immensely talented co-stars in front of the camera and colleagues behind the scenes of the show. They all only deserve the best. Until IPK does go off the air, we would like to remember it with the same intensity, and in the same vein in which we started watching it.

I would appreciate a definitive statement from the channel regarding the future of the show. I trust you will not disappoint us. Thank you for taking the time to read my comment.

Edited by Nandalala - 11 November 2012 at 2:55am

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

helenMDiwani69Skill123Lizbeth96Anchal_MIshi2012Dreamer-89serendipity235-Reva-payasawrit_in_waterDazeecrazyaddictionjoenet1234-Viji-smiley-shineysejket2fareeJaponicalovelyshubz1jakhushicuppa_n_cricketGoGreen-Prashu-honeypriya-Gan-Divya1503riti4u

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

Priya, thank you very much for both your posts. Many people have already realized what is happening. Those who haven't, I hope they read your posts and think about it. 

Thanksss dear,...and this is not over yet...there will b lots out in the coming days...dirty games played need to come out in the open...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictioncuppa_n_cricket

-Prashu- IF-Sizzlerz
-Prashu-
-Prashu-

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Guys...

Check new tweet of SP.. in twitter

STAR Plus ?@StarPlus_India

Yes, Barun Sobti seems to have made up his mind to quit #IPKKND. We totally share your disappointment.

Expand

Now what is this!

Go to top