Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

From insiders to politics to "Rumours" (Page 41)

dramacrazy12 Goldie
dramacrazy12
dramacrazy12

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mother

After reading all the posts, I wish I were less polite with the SP lady when I spoke to her.  Why  are they taking down our contact details?  Do they want a data base? 

I was digressing.  

i am still not able to understand why would Gulukand Wink want to chop off her nose to spite her face.  This is a very successful show.  Why bring it to the ground?  What is the problem with her?  Is it because of the new show?  Is it because it is not receiving the same response as IPK?  But they have had other serials since IPK like Suvreen Duggal which have not been that successful.  She was not that spiteful then?  Is her problem only with Barun?  Why is she taking out all her frustration on him?

This is beyond my understanding.

My read on this is pretty simple... This is not just about business for all the parties involved any longer, it is also about taking a stand and setting a precedent. It is about egos, creativity industry perception and so much more. This is gonna be long so bear with me

From cast's perspective- They work hard, they are the face of the product. They should have some input into the final product. Also they cannot be brought in, thier characters butchered and discarded at production team's whim.They are also fighting for more rights- more reasonable shoot lengths, capability to pursue other short term opportunities and commitments as long as they do not harm thier flagship product.

What do you think will happen if the cast wins here...all the popular and unhappy actors in other shows will try to do the same and hold PH/Channel hostage with fans support giving them some power over thier shows's fate. With power comes responsibility... In the hands of a unscruplous actor, this can be very dangerous.

On a different note- Showbiz is not like other industries. This industry is riddled with immense pressure and uncertainity and that is why the payouts are so huge.  An actor cannot wish for a 8-10 hour work day with option to quit or work on any project he wants with the the kind of fame and payout you get here.Most actor make more in an episode than people make in an entire year in an equally demanding job in other industries.

From a PH perspective- The entire credit of giving birth to this industry goes to a PH (Balaji productions). As such they have wield immense power to make or break an actor's career. The concieve a concept, work on pre-production and manage every aspect of the project end to end. Suddenly they find that the face of thier production has decides to rebel and they are being taken to task for it. A good analogy could be that a model wants a fashion designer to change the dress because it does not look good on her. When he refuses, she stirs up a maelstorm of public opinion forcing him into a corner.

As for abuse, it is unfortunate but emotions tend to run high in situations like this. From 4lions's perpective, it is a case of "Meri billi aur mujhi se meow". Barun wanted a 2 month leave to work on his movie when the show is at high point, they work with him owing to channel and fan pressure. Actors have been chucked out for much much smaller demands but they stand by him. He comes back but displays a general disinterested demeanor. They also realize that he will he asking for another break pretty soon so they start working on not so good exit strategy. Unfortunately they become careless with the show and everything starts to go downhill. Now that they do not want to adjust with him, they chuck him out...guess what suddenly despite all thier past efforts, they have become the bad guys. Thier creation is no longer thiers...fans are screaming to take thier baby from them and hand it to another PH. All thier shows from past are being scrutinized, fans are waiting/hoping for thier new/future projects to tank. Essentially all thier hard work from years is lost in this crazy maelstorm and they see a certain person in center of it. Foolishly they try to make thier point with more attitude and childish explanations which make them look even more bad. Thier career and careers of many others on the team depend on the outcome of this deadlock.

Also let us assume, they do it this time ...what is the possibility that some other member of cast or the same member will not come up with another demand.

Fan's perspective- We just want our show. We are not interested in behind the scenes drama. If supporing an actor does that, we are agreeable to it. If holding channel hostage does that, we are okay with it. We also the most reactive and innocent out of all the parties

Channel's perspective- These are probably the only guys with an objective perspective and hence are in a position to solve the problem and draw the lines. They need the fans because they need the revenue. They understand the PH but they have to penalize the PH for thier attitude. While they understand actor's perspective, they do not want to add yet an another person to the negotiation table. They are stuck in a bad place.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

motherDreamer-89spsharmilacrazyaddictionwin7anjsOmoraboti

GoGreen IF-Sizzlerz
GoGreen
GoGreen

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Guys lets make a chat.

There are 8 mail ids ...

Just mail all of them on topics
NO BARUN_NO IPKKND

NO NEW ENTRY

SEASON2IPKKND

OR NEW SHOW WITH SARUN AS LEADS

Please guys follow Sandy1 thread.
We will mail them separately on this subjects.

Atleast 5 times a day...more are always welcomed.
Please guys mail them like on any subject related to BARUN, SARUN,, IPKKND.
Just make sure more than 100Mails per day.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89Ace11UKLotuscrazyaddictioneyesonmefaree

mother Groupbie
mother
mother

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dramacrazy12

After reading all the posts, I wish I were less polite with the SP lady when I spoke to her.  Why  are they taking down our contact details?  Do they want a data base? 

I was digressing.  

i am still not able to understand why would Gulukand Wink want to chop off her nose to spite her face.  This is a very successful show.  Why bring it to the ground?  What is the problem with her?  Is it because of the new show?  Is it because it is not receiving the same response as IPK?  But they have had other serials since IPK like Suvreen Duggal which have not been that successful.  She was not that spiteful then?  Is her problem only with Barun?  Why is she taking out all her frustration on him?

My read on this is pretty simple... This is not just about business for all the parties involved any longer, it is also about taking a stand and setting a precedent. It is about egos, creativity industry perception and so much more. This is gonna be long so bear with me

From cast's perspective- They work hard, they are the face of the product. They should have some input into the final product. Also they cannot be brought in, thier characters butchered and discarded at production team's whim.They are also fighting for more rights- more reasonable shoot lengths, capability to pursue other short term opportunities and commitments as long as they do not harm thier flagship product.

What do you think will happen if the cast wins here...all the popular and unhappy actors in other shows will try to do the same and hold PH/Channel hostage with fans support giving them some power over thier shows's fate. With power comes responsibility... In the hands of a unscruplous actor, this can be very dangerous.

On a different note- Showbiz is not like other industries. This industry is riddled with immense pressure and uncertainity and that is why the payouts are so huge.  An actor cannot wish for a 8-10 hour work day with option to quit or work on any project he wants with the the kind of fame and payout you get here.Most actor make more in an episode than people make in an entire year in an equally demanding job in other industries.

From a PH perspective- The entire credit of giving birth to this industry goes to a PH (Balaji productions). As such they have wield immense power to make or break an actor's career. The concieve a concept, work on pre-production and manage every aspect of the project end to end. Suddenly they find that the face of thier production has decides to rebel and they are being taken to task for it. A good analogy could be that a model wants a fashion designer to change the dress because it does not look good on her. When he refuses, she stirs up a maelstorm of public opinion forcing him into a corner.

As for abuse, it is unfortunate but emotions tend to run high in situations like this. From 4lions's perpective, it is a case of "Meri billi aur mujhi se meow". Barun wanted a 2 month leave to work on his movie when the show is at high point, they work with him owing to channel and fan pressure. Actors have been chucked out for much much smaller demands but they stand by him. He comes back but displays a general disinterested demeanor. They also realize that he will he asking for another break pretty soon so they start working on not so good exit strategy. Unfortunately they become careless with the show and everything starts to go downhill. Now that they do not want to adjust with him, they chuck him out...guess what suddenly despite all thier past efforts, they have become the bad guys. Thier creation is no longer thiers...fans are screaming to take thier baby from them and hand it to another PH. All thier shows from past are being scrutinized, fans are waiting/hoping for thier new/future projects to tank. Essentially all thier hard work from years is lost in this crazy maelstorm and they see a certain person in center of it. Foolishly they try to make thier point with more attitude and childish explanations which make them look even more bad. Thier career and careers of many others on the team depend on the outcome of this deadlock.

Also let us assume, they do it this time ...what is the possibility that some other member of cast or the same member will not come up with another demand.

Fan's perspective- We just want our show. We are not interested in behind the scenes drama. If supporing an actor does that, we are agreeable to it. If holding channel hostage does that, we are okay with it. We also the most reactive and innocent out of all the parties

Channel's perspective- These are probably the only guys with an objective perspective and hence are in a position to solve the problem and draw the lines. They need the fans because they need the revenue. They understand the PH but they have to penalize the PH for thier attitude. While they understand actor's perspective, they do not want to add yet an another person to the negotiation table. They are stuck in a bad place.

I think this would a slightly simplistic view of the whole scenario.  You have ignored the human element in this. 
I understand the production house not wanting to make any more concessions but i cannot understand them wanting to deliberately sabotaging the show.  I am not saying this because of Barun sobti issue.  The script writer who was there with the show from inception also mentioned this in his post.  He was talking about deliberate changing of characters which they had painstakingly developed over the first six months of the show. 

From plain business point of view I will understand that they have a problem with the actor but here the problem seems to be not the actor but the show.  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictionstg1anjsPSharada

xAaliya IF-Stunnerz
xAaliya
xAaliya

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
TOI posted an article using an old quote from Barun since the last time he took a break from the show. These people actually take us to be fouls? I knew I read that quote somewhere before. 

Edited by IshqSufiyana - 10 November 2012 at 2:16pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictionTheSmurfsfareemomb24eyesonmeshar19

eyesonme IF-Dazzler
eyesonme
eyesonme

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IshqSufiyana

TOI posted an article using an old quote from Barun since the last time he took a break from the show. These people actually take as to be fouls? I knew I read that quote somewhere before. 

No wonder i thought i had already read this before.
iss stupidity ko kya naam doon? *facepalm*

Loads of distractions are coming out now, there are spoilers about arhi going on a honeymoon, TOI article,

However they all forgot. Us IPKKND are not stupid.

KEEP EMAILING/RINGING..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89stg1GoGreenxAaliya

faree IF-Dazzler
faree
faree

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
hi anything new or positive...i just hope that its win win situation for all the parties including fans   

Edited by faree - 10 November 2012 at 1:25pm
mother Groupbie
mother
mother

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by dramacrazy12

I was digressing.  

I think this would a slightly simplistic view of the whole scenario.  You have ignored the human element in this. 
I understand the production house not wanting to make any more concessions but i cannot understand them wanting to deliberately sabotaging the show.  I am not saying this because of Barun sobti issue.  The script writer who was there with the show from inception also mentioned this in his post.  He was talking about deliberate changing of characters which they had painstakingly developed over the first six months of the show. 

From plain business point of view I will understand that they have a problem with the actor but here the problem seems to be not the actor but the show.  

Another thing is that when they gave the actor two months leave, i don't think they were looking at the actors interest only.  They were looking at their interest too.  Because they could not afford to let the actor go 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketanjsPSharada

dennisdmenace IF-Rockerz
dennisdmenace
dennisdmenace

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
@ PB, I can see you r online...pls update me...
Had no clue about this thread

Go to top