Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

From insiders to politics to "Rumours" (Page 39)

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Delicious_BS-

did you guys see this?
www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3284358

Old news Tashu..throw it into the trash can and keep on mailing.BAS!!Stern Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_Mcrazyaddictioneyesonmeriti4u_TheJoker-

eyesonme IF-Dazzler
eyesonme
eyesonme

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Originally posted by -Delicious_BS-

did you guys see this?
www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3284358

Old news Tashu..throw it into the trash can and keep on mailing.BAS!!Stern Smile

Ignore that article, its got nothing new in there.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..mrinalini..riti4u_TheJoker-

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by dramacrazy12

Agree with you all the way but here is what I find odd about the entire thing. Why has the rest of the cast not stood up in BS's support? What has happened with him can very well happen with the rest of the cast some other day. Now that does not mean I am bashing an actor or suspecting someone's intent but honestly more than fans, rest of the cast can impact the future course of action.
From where I stand, the fact remains that the lead actor actor and PH won't be able to work together in some time. This is a creative field and this fiasco must have left a lot of bitterness on both sides. That bitterness is going to impact the final product. I see no easy way out of this deadlock unless the channel decides to go with a new PH and current cast for season 2 orgo withcurrent PH and new cast signifying the leap. Ofcourse the easiest option is to end the show on a high note.
However if we do come with season 2/continuing the show, I want to be sure that the cast understands the commitment they have made and the opportunities they might loose because of that. It wouldbe a big setback to the entire thing if the channel replaces the PH or comes back with season 2 only to find out 2 months into the project , the cast wants to quit because they have opportunities in Bollywood.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">I personally think..at the end of the day..no one wants to jeopardize his/her OWN career and that is probably the reason we are not seeing the cast come out in public and support Barun..though I hear..from the cast to the creatives..Barun has people by his side..</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">The thing is Barun tried to be honest...He tried to stay true to his character..he WANTED to...I read his interview y'day where he said he misses ASR's anger..What does that tell??He misses the debonair attitude that ASR came with...and that had been mercilessly butchered by the people who had once conceived the ideas of IPK...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Generally an actor..specially an Indian TV actor does not fight tooth and nail for his character..Barun I hear..loved ASR as much as we did..So if it hurt us..how much would it have hurt him to see his dream role go down in gutter??!!</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">So as you mentioned..creative differences appeared...and rightly so...since Barun is an employer...and not very skilled in handling such tactics of a business house,he got landed in a mess...</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">This is my interpretation of the entire situation!!</font>

Sam!

This is exactly what i have been trying to tell everyone .. In every thread. He can be a happy-go-lucky guy, can be a nice person .. But he is not stupid. He is a smart chap. He would never in his sane mind would walk away when he needs this fanbase to watch his movie! You dont need inside news to connect this ..

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_Mspsharmilacrazyaddictioneyesonmestg1..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketRahm-Gan-indi52

mother Groupbie
mother
mother

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omoraboti

Originally posted by mother

After reading all the posts, I wish I were less polite with the SP lady when I spoke to her. Why are they taking down our contact details? Do they want a data base?

I was digressing.

i am still not able to understand why would Gulukand Winkwant to chop off her nose to spite her face. This is a very successful show. Why bring it to the ground? What is the problem with her? Is it because of the new show? Is it because it is not receiving the same response as IPK? But they have had other serials since IPK like Suvreen Duggal which have not been that successful. She was not that spiteful then? Is her problem only with Barun? Why is she taking out all her frustration on him?

This is beyond my understanding.

I might be wrong but I have always felt Gul was less excited about Barun than rest of the cast .. In her interviews, when it came to Barun her responses always seemed detached & disinterested to me .. Remember the one where she talked about everyone's positive traits? She did not give any specific answer for Barun .. Some thought she could not single out but to me, from the language, it seemed she was disinterested. So I have a feeling .. There are personal issues & perhaps goes way back ..

It simply could have been Sobti getting bigger than the show itself paired with other things .. Dont know!

She has a problem with Barun - fine.  what is her problem with the show?  This problem with Barun reminds me that I read that interview about the QH launch.  she mentioned that the lead actress does not screech (or some such thing) when she talks.  I found it very odd.  Both the shows are her own.  Why put down one actress for another.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictionDazeespsharmilaTheSmurfs..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketanjs-Gan-OmorabotiPSharada

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by indi52

sam,
did you say barun misses asr's anger? aww, i miss it too. so essential a part of his character, of late it's only sweetness and heavy emotion. too much of too expressed inner love is so not asr. not without the usual asr-ness and anger. and who would know it better than barun.

i wrote a few days ago, i am dying to hear him say: mera naam hai arnav singh raizada. ah that cocky arrogance without, and that ocean of love within. what a combination. 

i miss our angry young asr. i remember the first time i heard barun speak warmly about his character, usually he speaks of how different asr is from him and how hard it was to get into him, but that day, and i think it was the day of the gobar, he said of asr, "banda sahi hai," he's a decent bloke because despite everything he does what he believes is the right thing by khushi. of course, one could roll ones eyes and say that was when he'd forced her to marry him, so what's so sahi about this guy. but barun knew asr better and could see the rightness; he understood the impact on asr's mind and heart of that scene on the terrace.

actually barun created asr. with his whole being, his insight, intelligence, emotion, sheer hard work. when his man got messed with, guess he had to protest.

so many layers to this whole thing. interesting material for a novel. 

priya, anjali, gandhari, nishi, prashu, omoraboti, are we watching a real life version of howard roark and toohey, after all? prescient, those conversations on crooner after crooner?

Di...Barun loved his character as much as we did..If someone envisioned his character..it was Sobti who brought it to life by his acting...that has been stupendous at times..average too..But never let us down..

But this over all transformation of ASR into Arnav..was something that hurt him..The guy loved his character..Otherwise he wouldn't be in such a mess..

Paying the price for respecting creativity,eh??!!Stern Smile

watching 10th jan episode even as i write. pre sangeet, khushi has just come up with muqabla idea. there's asr in magenta, jealous when he sees nk grabbing khushi's hand, bristling with anger he sees her later when she slaps him chasing a mosquito, classic "shut... up," then "mujhe nahin karni... out" when she tries to talk to him, beautiful cooky khushi dialogues, khushi in trademark churidar and choti, not pretty pretty as she is now, just khushi and beautiful. 
who wouldn't miss that asr or that khushi. suddenly in the middle of laughter and lightness, a strain of deep emotion, "khushi?" as he sees tears in her eyes. my heart is feeling strange things.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

svascrazyaddictionDazeecuppa_n_cricket..mrinalini..PSharada-Gan-

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Omoraboti

After reading all the posts, I wish I were less polite with the SP lady when I spoke to her. Why are they taking down our contact details? Do they want a data base?

I was digressing.

i am still not able to understand why would Gulukand Winkwant to chop off her nose to spite her face. This is a very successful show. Why bring it to the ground? What is the problem with her? Is it because of the new show? Is it because it is not receiving the same response as IPK? But they have had other serials since IPK like Suvreen Duggal which have not been that successful. She was not that spiteful then? Is her problem only with Barun? Why is she taking out all her frustration on him?

This is beyond my understanding.

I might be wrong but I have always felt Gul was less excited about Barun than rest of the cast .. In her interviews, when it came to Barun her responses always seemed detached & disinterested to me .. Remember the one where she talked about everyone's positive traits? She did not give any specific answer for Barun .. Some thought she could not single out but to me, from the language, it seemed she was disinterested. So I have a feeling .. There are personal issues & perhaps goes way back ..

It simply could have been Sobti getting bigger than the show itself paired with other things .. Dont know!

She has a problem with Barun - fine. what is her problem with the show? This problem with Barun reminds me that I read that interview about the QH launch. she mentioned that the lead actress does not screech (or some such thing) when she talks. I found it very odd. Both the shows are her own. Why put down one actress for another.

Well the problem is .. She calls the shows her babies but treats like her toys .. And eventually gets bored with one & opts another. And of course her PH does not know to multitask .. A Dodo Birdish PH .. I would like to term such people as "emotionally (& creatively) immatured".

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictionspsharmila..mrinalini..-Gan-PSharada

ENLIGHTENED1 Goldie
ENLIGHTENED1
ENLIGHTENED1

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by riti4u

Originally posted by honeypriya

Originally posted by GoGreen

Priya...

Fans from Newyork and NJ who are badly effected by Sandy still don't know about this news as there is no power and internet.

We have a major fan base from this area...can you please spread the word to the SP about their support to BARUN..and     IPKKND.
I am gng to convey it to him thru someone...he needs to know that...others are all misinforming him...
yes tell him we all are with him..Cry..please!

plz priya do let him know that his massive fan following is actually beyond his or even PH s imagination ...and we should let ever1 know what  fan power Barun  has b/c now they r playing dirty trick

simpDreamer-89crazyaddictionOmoraboti-Gan-riti4u

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
"priya, anjali, gandhari, nishi, prashu, omoraboti, are we watching a real life version of howard roark and toohey, after all? prescient, those conversations on crooner after crooner?"

InDi!

Looks like that is what has been happening behind the curtain. Now all I want is Sobti to come clean .. Somewhere in all this, my fight to keep the show alive has died .. I just want him to be understood .. & not feel alone!

That epi Di .. After she slaps him & asks him to slap her back .. A man in desire hidden behind the angry ASR tells her she cannot take his slap .. Nehi seh paonge .. Didnt we just die then? That was ASR .. The man who arranged his own SR was also ASR .. Where did he vanish?

PS: isnt it half past 3 at your place??? Shocked

Edited by Omoraboti - 10 November 2012 at 12:19pm

Dreamer-89Anchal_McrazyaddictionSunshine80bs_deepsindi52

Go to top