Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

From insiders to politics to "Rumours" (Page 38)

mother Groupbie
mother
mother

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
After reading all the posts, I wish I were less polite with the SP lady when I spoke to her.  Why  are they taking down our contact details?  Do they want a data base? 

I was digressing.  

i am still not able to understand why would Gulukand Wink want to chop off her nose to spite her face.  This is a very successful show.  Why bring it to the ground?  What is the problem with her?  Is it because of the new show?  Is it because it is not receiving the same response as IPK?  But they have had other serials since IPK like Suvreen Duggal which have not been that successful.  She was not that spiteful then?  Is her problem only with Barun?  Why is she taking out all her frustration on him?

This is beyond my understanding.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilaSaraJLcrazyaddiction-Viji-momb24cuppa_n_cricketshowstruckindi52Omoraboti--Nishita--

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged
sam,
did you say barun misses asr's anger? aww, i miss it too. so essential a part of his character, of late it's only sweetness and heavy emotion. too much of too expressed inner love is so not asr. not without the usual asr-ness and anger. and who would know it better than barun.

i wrote a few days ago, i am dying to hear him say: mera naam hai arnav singh raizada. ah that cocky arrogance without, and that ocean of love within. what a combination. 

i miss our angry young asr. i remember the first time i heard barun speak warmly about his character, usually he speaks of how different asr is from him and how hard it was to get into him, but that day, and i think it was the day of the gobar, he said of asr, "banda sahi hai," he's a decent bloke because despite everything he does what he believes is the right thing by khushi. of course, one could roll ones eyes and say that was when he'd forced her to marry him, so what's so sahi about this guy. but barun knew asr better and could see the rightness; he understood the impact on asr's mind and heart of that scene on the terrace.

actually barun created asr. with his whole being, his insight, intelligence, emotion, sheer hard work. when his man got messed with, guess he had to protest.

so many layers to this whole thing. interesting material for a novel. 

priya, anjali, gandhari, nishi, prashu, omoraboti, are we watching a real life version of howard roark and toohey, after all? prescient, those conversations on crooner after crooner?

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

svascrazyaddictionspsharmila-Viji-..mrinalini..bs_deepsOmorabotiriti4u

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

sam,
did you say barun misses asr's anger? aww, i miss it too. so essential a part of his character, of late it's only sweetness and heavy emotion. too much of too expressed inner love is so not asr. not without the usual asr-ness and anger. and who would know it better than barun.

i wrote a few days ago, i am dying to hear him say: mera naam hai arnav singh raizada. ah that cocky arrogance without, and that ocean of love within. what a combination. 

i miss our angry young asr. i remember the first time i heard barun speak warmly about his character, usually he speaks of how different asr is from him and how hard it was to get into him, but that day, and i think it was the day of the gobar, he said of asr, "banda sahi hai," he's a decent bloke because despite everything he does what he believes is the right thing by khushi. of course, one could roll ones eyes and say that was when he'd forced her to marry him, so what's so sahi about this guy. but barun knew asr better and could see the rightness; he understood the impact on asr's mind and heart of that scene on the terrace.

actually barun created asr. with his whole being, his insight, intelligence, emotion, sheer hard work. when his man got messed with, guess he had to protest.

so many layers to this whole thing. interesting material for a novel. 

priya, anjali, gandhari, nishi, prashu, omoraboti, are we watching a real life version of howard roark and toohey, after all? prescient, those conversations on crooner after crooner?

Di...Barun loved his character as much as we did..If someone envisioned his character..it was Sobti who brought it to life by his acting...that has been stupendous at times..average too..But never let us down..

But this over all transformation of ASR into Arnav..was something that hurt him..The guy loved his character..Otherwise he wouldn't be in such a mess..

Paying the price for respecting creativity,eh??!!Stern Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilapayasacrazyaddictionshowstruckindi52Omorabotiriti4u

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

Regardless of what happens to the story or the show,I want to make a point to SP & 4L that the people who work for them and their audience are not to be underestimated. This is not the first instance where SP has been under pressure from the audience, but they have a lot at stake if they lose their increasingly growing global viewership. When we strictly look at subscription numbers alone, they will see a slide in those numbers because subscriptions are expensive worldwide. Furthermore, Dish Network, which is the leading provider for SP & all other desi programming in the US, just posted substantial losses in the third quarter. If we talk business only, to say SP will HAVE to motivate & do something 'out of the cliched box', would be an understatement!

Ditto! Anjali - it is now personal, it is a matter of principle. Regardless of what happens to the story or show, they can't treat the audience like some dimwits. We are intelligent people who know quite well when something does or does not make sense.
If as a viewer, I can look at the consequences of certain decisions and the business implications, I fail to understand how SP can be so nonchalant about it. If they think all these are empty and veiled threats, than are they willing to take the risk of testing the waters? Are they willing to wait and see if people actually cancel subscriptions? To me that is not a calculated risk, because I can tell you, people WILL cancel subscriptions. Not to mention SP credibility goes for a toss. The "opportunity cost" does not even begin to describe what's at stake here.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

simpbutlerAnchal_MpayasacrazyaddictionDazeehabsHriju321Nandalalashowstruck..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketOmorabotiPSharadaGoGreen

GoGreen IF-Sizzlerz
GoGreen
GoGreen

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Some already did yaar...cancelled the SP subscription...don't even want to wait.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionshowstruckOmoraboti

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mother

After reading all the posts, I wish I were less polite with the SP lady when I spoke to her. Why are they taking down our contact details? Do they want a data base?

I was digressing.

i am still not able to understand why would Gulukand Winkwant to chop off her nose to spite her face. This is a very successful show. Why bring it to the ground? What is the problem with her? Is it because of the new show? Is it because it is not receiving the same response as IPK? But they have had other serials since IPK like Suvreen Duggal which have not been that successful. She was not that spiteful then? Is her problem only with Barun? Why is she taking out all her frustration on him?

This is beyond my understanding.

I might be wrong but I have always felt Gul was less excited about Barun than rest of the cast .. In her interviews, when it came to Barun her responses always seemed detached & disinterested to me .. Remember the one where she talked about everyone's positive traits? She did not give any specific answer for Barun .. Some thought she could not single out but to me, from the language, it seemed she was disinterested. So I have a feeling .. There are personal issues & perhaps goes way back ..

It simply could have been Sobti getting bigger than the show itself paired with other things .. Dont know!

Edited by Omoraboti - 10 November 2012 at 12:00pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mothercrazyaddictionspsharmiladakshaavi..mrinalini..riti4u

_TheJoker- IF-Stunnerz
_TheJoker-
_TheJoker-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
did you guys see this?
www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3284358
..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
SOMETHING TO CHEER YOU ALL UP BEFORE I SIGN OFF..IF WE CAN HOPE FOR SO MANY THINGS..WE CAN HOPE FOR THIS TOOWinkWink

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

svassimpAnchal_MspsharmilaMistyDawnpremparbatstg1Omoraboti-Gan-riti4u

Go to top