Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

   
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

From insiders to politics to "Rumours" (Page 37)

eyesonme IF-Dazzler
eyesonme
eyesonme

Joined: 17 February 2012
Posts: 4002

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meens80

Yes it is best to keep calling.
I spoke to an SP rep sometime back and the guy said that Barun is leaving for movies to which i contradicted him saying that SP was giving out different news earlier today and Barun said he is just taking a break. He was immediately flummoxed and said that things are not decided yet and he took down my information and note.
They are overwhelmed by the calls and responses so are just trying to use stalling techniques to get a breather..Keep calling and emailing guys..We can do this!

These guys probably have not had a lunch break/dinner break LOL
IPKKND fans are on a mission and WILL not be defeated.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddiction..mrinalini..showstruckOmorabotipri_armaan

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 9337

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riti4u

Originally posted by sampin


I differ sam and you know why..well not because I think he should risk his career like this but I feel he is giving in to much to save ship from sinking..When captain of ship decided that it wud crash...he need not be a martyr or scapegoat for it...and more than that...if all what priya said in this post is true..any person working with same PH will be mentally harrassed if he goes back...for his own peace we want him to move on...He has talent and he can easily grab roles in rival channels ...thats my POVSmile
oh i re read what you wrote...did u write same thing...these days i m being more impulsive in bs caseLOL

Riti..STOP BEING IMPULSIVE LOLLOLTongue

Of course he has talents...he is more talented than any male lead at the moment...I understand his need for a break..But look at it from a rather logical angle..Why would anyone go on an indefinite break jeopardizing his career??!!ConfusedConfused

Does that smell Barun Sobti to you??!!Wink

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionasr13ipkkndfanforevaeyesonmecuppa_n_cricket-Prashu--Gan-Omorabotipri_armaanriti4u

-Prashu- IF-Sizzlerz
-Prashu-
-Prashu-

Joined: 13 October 2010
Posts: 17165

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meens80

Yes it is best to keep calling.
I spoke to an SP rep sometime back and the guy said that Barun is leaving for movies to which i contradicted him saying that SP was giving out different news earlier today and Barun said he is just taking a break. He was immediately flummoxed and said that things are not decided yet and he took down my information and note.
They are overwhelmed by the calls and responses so are just trying to use stalling techniques to get a breather..Keep calling and emailing guys..We can do this!



Hahaha.. They think they are smart!! Well.. They need to think again!LOL


You cant fool with today's viewers!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictioneyesonme..mrinalini..pri_armaanOmoraboti

--Nishita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nishita--
--Nishita--

Joined: 30 March 2009
Posts: 11689

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Okay..I have something to share..a thought has been bugging me for quite some time now...

I see many posts on this forum who supposedly are die hard Barun fans wanting him to leave..asking us to be "considerate" enough to understand the man really needs a leave..I hear them...

Okay..Now...I..stay in Kolkata..none in my family works on the IPK sets..or has any information regarding what's going behind the closed doors...

But thankfully..I have quite a few friends on this forum..who informs me..time to time..as to what's happening..and most of their informations are more or less same as of Priya Di's version...

Now my question to those who feel this is happening because Barun "WANTS" a break rather than he's been  forced to take a break...

Who is Barun Sobti??Let's face it..the King of Tellywood has a long way to go before he goes on a "break" for sometime..say for personal matters...He has to earn..For DM's sake..the guy is just 28...If he really "wanted" a break...he'd be clear cut about it...he most definitely would NEVER say..."I dunno how long it is gonna be,..."...

There are actors who work on a same daily soap for years...I totally get that not everyone is equally adept at handling the pressures that showbiz brings to life...and that calls for a break...But for a man..who has to support a family...how can he go on an indefinite break..risking such a perfect TV career..when his first film hasn't even released...The Barun Sobti we know...would go on breaks..would love to spend time with his family..but not at the cost of his YOUNG  career!!

So let's think again..what might have caused a young..lively man of 28 to be on the verges of a mental breakdown that he deliberately wants a break..far from this mess...jeopardizing his career!!

This entirely my POV...Anyone can differ...Big smile

Exactly!! Its pretty clear to us...we dont need any excuses from the channel. He is just stepping back from all the mental and emotional harassment. I hope he rests well and takes care of himself.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishi2012crazyaddictionasr13eyesonmeipkkndfanforeva..mrinalini..showstruck-Gan-Omorabotipri_armaan-Prashu-indi52

dramacrazy12 Goldie
dramacrazy12
dramacrazy12

Joined: 26 December 2011
Posts: 1089

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Okay..I have something to share..a thought has been bugging me for quite some time now...

I see many posts on this forum who supposedly are die hard Barun fans wanting him to leave..asking us to be "considerate" enough to understand the man really needs a leave..I hear them...

Okay..Now...I..stay in Kolkata..none in my family works on the IPK sets..or has any information regarding what's going behind the closed doors...

But thankfully..I have quite a few friends on this forum..who informs me..time to time..as to what's happening..and most of their informations are more or less same as of Priya Di's version...

Now my question to those who feel this is happening because Barun "WANTS" a break rather than he's been  forced to take a break...

Who is Barun Sobti??Let's face it..the King of Tellywood has a long way to go before he goes on a "break" for sometime..say for personal matters...He has to earn..For DM's sake..the guy is just 28...If he really "wanted" a break...he'd be clear cut about it...he most definitely would NEVER say..."I dunno how long it is gonna be,..."...

There are actors who work on a same daily soap for years...I totally get that not everyone is equally adept at handling the pressures that showbiz brings to life...and that calls for a break...But for a man..who has to support a family...how can he go on an indefinite break..risking such a perfect TV career..when his first film hasn't even released...The Barun Sobti we know...would go on breaks..would love to spend time with his family..but not at the cost of his YOUNG  career!!

So let's think again..what might have caused a young..lively man of 28 to be on the verges of a mental breakdown that he deliberately wants a break..far from this mess...jeopardizing his career!!

This entirely my POV...Anyone can differ...Big smile
 
Agree with you all the way but here is what I find odd about the entire thing. Why has the rest of the cast not stood up in BS's support? What has happened with him can very well happen with the rest of the cast some other day. Now that does not mean I am bashing an actor or suspecting someone's intent but honestly more than fans, rest of the cast can impact the future course of action.
 
From where I stand, the fact remains that the lead actor actor and PH won't be able to work together in some time. This is a creative field and this fiasco must have left a lot of bitterness on both sides. That bitterness is going to impact the final product.  I see no easy way out of this deadlock unless the channel decides to go with a new PH and current cast for season 2 or go with current PH and new cast signifying the leap. Ofcourse the easiest option is to end the show on a high note.
 
However if we do come with season 2/continuing the show, I want to be sure that the cast understands the commitment they have made and the opportunities they might loose because of that. It would be a big setback to the entire thing if the channel replaces the PH or comes back with season 2 only to find out 2 months into the project , the cast wants to quit because they have opportunities in Bollywood.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilacrazyaddiction..mrinalini..

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Joined: 08 September 2009
Posts: 5841

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Sorry, guys, I am sporadic in my posts here; haven't even read through most of the posts, yet...Am out & about!

@Farah: In a lot of ways, it is a David vs. Goliath story here. Regardless of what happens to the story or the show,I want to make a point to SP & 4L that the people who work for them and their audience are not to be underestimated. This is not the first instance where SP has been under pressure from the audience, but they have a lot at stake if they lose their increasingly growing global viewership. When we strictly look at subscription numbers alone, they will see a slide in those numbers because subscriptions are expensive worldwide. Furthermore, Dish Network, which is the leading provider for SP & all other desi programming in the US, just posted substantial losses in the third quarter. If we talk business only, to say SP will HAVE to motivate & do something 'out of the cliched box', would be an understatement!

Edited by Nandalala - 10 November 2012 at 11:09am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishi2012crazyaddictionspsharmila..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketindi52Omoraboti--Nishita---Prashu-

dakshaavi IF-Dazzler
dakshaavi
dakshaavi

Joined: 18 April 2012
Posts: 4120

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Okay..I have something to share..a thought has been bugging me for quite some time now...

I see many posts on this forum who supposedly are die hard Barun fans wanting him to leave..asking us to be "considerate" enough to understand the man really needs a leave..I hear them...

Okay..Now...I..stay in Kolkata..none in my family works on the IPK sets..or has any information regarding what's going behind the closed doors...

But thankfully..I have quite a few friends on this forum..who informs me..time to time..as to what's happening..and most of their informations are more or less same as of Priya Di's version...

Now my question to those who feel this is happening because Barun "WANTS" a break rather than he's been  forced to take a break...

Who is Barun Sobti??Let's face it..the King of Tellywood has a long way to go before he goes on a "break" for sometime..say for personal matters...He has to earn..For DM's sake..the guy is just 28...If he really "wanted" a break...he'd be clear cut about it...he most definitely would NEVER say..."I dunno how long it is gonna be,..."...

There are actors who work on a same daily soap for years...I totally get that not everyone is equally adept at handling the pressures that showbiz brings to life...and that calls for a break...But for a man..who has to support a family...how can he go on an indefinite break..risking such a perfect TV career..when his first film hasn't even released...The Barun Sobti we know...would go on breaks..would love to spend time with his family..but not at the cost of his YOUNG  career!!

So let's think again..what might have caused a young..lively man of 28 to be on the verges of a mental breakdown that he deliberately wants a break..far from this mess...jeopardizing his career!!

This entirely my POV...Anyone can differ...Big smile
OMG this is what was bugging my brain all the time why? such a hard working guy one fine day says BREAK. There is definitely lots to the story. If only somebody could get clarify i would be happy.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddiction..mrinalini..-Prashu-

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 9337

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dramacrazy12

Originally posted by sampin


 
Agree with you all the way but here is what I find odd about the entire thing. Why has the rest of the cast not stood up in BS's support? What has happened with him can very well happen with the rest of the cast some other day. Now that does not mean I am bashing an actor or suspecting someone's intent but honestly more than fans, rest of the cast can impact the future course of action.
 
From where I stand, the fact remains that the lead actor actor and PH won't be able to work together in some time. This is a creative field and this fiasco must have left a lot of bitterness on both sides. That bitterness is going to impact the final product.  I see no easy way out of this deadlock unless the channel decides to go with a new PH and current cast for season 2 or go with current PH and new cast signifying the leap. Ofcourse the easiest option is to end the show on a high note.
 
However if we do come with season 2/continuing the show, I want to be sure that the cast understands the commitment they have made and the opportunities they might loose because of that. It would be a big setback to the entire thing if the channel replaces the PH or comes back with season 2 only to find out 2 months into the project , the cast wants to quit because they have opportunities in Bollywood.

I personally think..at the end of the day..no one wants to jeopardize his/her OWN career and that is probably the reason we are not seeing the cast come out in public and support Barun..though I hear..from the cast to the creatives..Barun has people by his side..

The thing is Barun tried to be honest...He tried to stay true to his character..he WANTED to...I read his interview y'day where he said he misses ASR's anger..What does that tell??He misses the debonair attitude that ASR came with...and that had been mercilessly butchered by the people who had once conceived the ideas of IPK...

Generally an actor..specially an Indian TV actor does not fight tooth and nail for his character..Barun I hear..loved ASR as much as we did..So if it hurt us..how much would it have hurt him to see his dream role go down in gutter??!!

So as you mentioned..creative differences appeared...and rightly so...since Barun is an employer...and not very skilled in handling such tactics of a business house,he got landed in a mess...

This is my interpretation of the entire situation!!


Edited by sampin - 10 November 2012 at 11:18am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_Mpayasacrazyaddictiondakshaavicuppa_n_cricketshowstruckOmoraboti-Prashu-

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
CVs No Kitchen Politics - PLEASE

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author: serialjunkie   Replies: 70   Views: 5267

serialjunkie 70 5267 08 December 2011 at 3:06am by monsi08
rumours of shyam divorcing anjali: makes no sense

Author: hkhb17   Replies: 2   Views: 660

hkhb17 2 660 02 November 2011 at 9:31am by anjs

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index