Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

From insiders to politics to "Rumours" (Page 35)

cuppa_n_cricket IF-Rockerz
cuppa_n_cricket
cuppa_n_cricket

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Thank you so much Priya for this thread and all the updatesHug

This thread is a revelation...i had almost convinced myself to let go of all the blame game and off-screen drama and enjoy watching IPK for the remaining days until BS stays...but the PH seems to be hell-bent on making me loathe themAngry It is beyond me how they think that the actors had no contribution in making characters penned on a piece of paper the topic of discussions, debates and analysis by fans across the globe...any of it could not have been achieved had the actors not breathed life into these characters and also not looked the part! Not everyone can live an ASR and KKG!! On many instances, it was not even the characters or "concept" but only the actors and their charisma and star value that had saved them and IPK...

And when it is time for all of us to stand together and make an effort to save our show and it's cast, all our forum could think was to turn it into another BS vs SI war and hurl more abuses at the actor...even though everyone out there has no knowledge about the exact off-screen happenings, it is beyond me how one cannot smell something off with the way PH have been behaving with all of their PR stunts since the past few months... it amazes me how people do not find anything off about the fact that an actor who is at his peak decides all of a sudden to take a break of months!

I don't believe SP either...when i had called them in the morning BS was only on a break...and when i check the updates here it seems like Barun has miraculously landed himself plum projects in matter of hours...they think we are kids? Are the not able to realize the market value of ArHi/SaRun?

I don't know anymore whether i want the show to end or continue  to benefit the rest of the cast and crew ...or whether i even want BS to be back...coz its not about my viewing experience anymore...It is appalling how the PH or for that matter even the channel does not even think about his reputation...ohh they are busy saving their own asses...

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

butlerDreamer-89Anchal_MpayasaspsharmilaPEEBULL_NEWScrazyaddiction..Smita..-Viji-momb24..mrinalini..-Prashu-Omorabotipri_armaan--Nishita--riti4u_TheJoker-

BearNaNa IF-Sizzlerz
BearNaNa
BearNaNa

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
thnku 4 the post.

p.s:u used my siggie im feeling happy 2 c tht :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pri_armaan

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

@G: Precisely why I said that the change really comes when there is a shift away from the dominant paradigm.  Yes, the show is doing well in the international market.  You & I are a part of said market.  But fact remains that the market determines supply and demand, regardless of where it is located. 

In a world where the virtual platform increasingly dominates and is instrumental in framing opinions, where forums such as this one can fuel the entire viewership to retaliate against a wrong, many wrongs, would any company sit back and do nothing?  I had said it in Joey's post that SP should not take their audience for granted and that they have a responsibility to their stakeholders across the board; this includes their employees, audience and their advertising  & business partners. Any one of these components is not independent of the other.  The advertisers are here because of the audience and the "mass appeal" factor.  If the masses  go away, the appeal is gone, too. 

The latter are monitoring this situation even more than we are.  The repercussions can be huge! IMO, here is where SP will feel the most pressure; it is a business, after all.  The bottom line is what will speak loudest!

Anjali!

This is exactly what I am writing to them .. they will understand the language of business only .. and so be it. With IPK they have tapped a segment they have never tried before .. it would be foolish to treat this product like their usual product line. They took a risk with IPK, it paid well .. when comes to retention, if they dont want to take yet another risk .. they better not expect a return this time.

I understand closing a successful show .. or going for season 2 is something totally new for them .. but I dont understand why would they resist trying something new with a product that itself was an experiment for the channel in the first place? They are doing business in billions .. they are sending message to millions .. why fear to take a different & storng stand for once?

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_MpayasacrazyaddictionspsharmilaPEEBULL_NEWS..Smita..fareebs_deepsNandalalacuppa_n_cricket-Prashu--Gan-pri_armaan--Nishita--riti4u

-Iqraa- IF-Sizzlerz
-Iqraa-
-Iqraa-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged
thanks for the post!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Prashu-

-Prashu- IF-Sizzlerz
-Prashu-
-Prashu-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Angi and Farha.. I agree with both of you.. When they understand language of Business.. then we need to make them understand in business!

Edited by prash_t - 10 November 2012 at 10:36am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pri_armaanOmoraboti

nancynair Goldie
nancynair
nancynair

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Keep up the pressure by mailing to SP 
bs_deeps IF-Rockerz
bs_deeps
bs_deeps

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
anyone up for creating an FB page for this?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_MOmoraboti

..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Okay..I have something to share..a thought has been bugging me for quite some time now...

I see many posts on this forum who supposedly are die hard Barun fans wanting him to leave..asking us to be "considerate" enough to understand the man really needs a leave..I hear them...

Okay..Now...I..stay in Kolkata..none in my family works on the IPK sets..or has any information regarding what's going behind the closed doors...

But thankfully..I have quite a few friends on this forum..who informs me..time to time..as to what's happening..and most of their informations are more or less same as of Priya Di's version...

Now my question to those who feel this is happening because Barun "WANTS" a break rather than he's been  forced to take a break...

Who is Barun Sobti??Let's face it..the King of Tellywood has a long way to go before he goes on a "break" for sometime..say for personal matters...He has to earn..For DM's sake..the guy is just 28...If he really "wanted" a break...he'd be clear cut about it...he most definitely would NEVER say..."I dunno how long it is gonna be,..."...

There are actors who work on a same daily soap for years...I totally get that not everyone is equally adept at handling the pressures that showbiz brings to life...and that calls for a break...But for a man..who has to support a family...how can he go on an indefinite break..risking such a perfect TV career..when his first film hasn't even released...The Barun Sobti we know...would go on breaks..would love to spend time with his family..but not at the cost of his YOUNG  career!!

So let's think again..what might have caused a young..lively man of 28 to be on the verges of a mental breakdown that he deliberately wants a break..far from this mess...jeopardizing his career!!

This entirely my POV...Anyone can differ...Big smile

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

suhanamausambutlersimpAchinta97Anchal_MShyJiUKLotusIFoverratedcrazyaddictionSaraJLspsharmiladakshaavinandu_2007eyesonme-Viji-momb24..Smita..smiley-shineyfareebs_deepscuppa_n_cricketMistyDawnpri_armaan--Nishita---Prashu--Gan-OmorabotiILTHBEB_TheJoker-

Go to top