Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

From insiders to politics to "Rumours" (Page 29)

AR_EternalLove IF-Rockerz
AR_EternalLove
AR_EternalLove

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
thnks for this post...

i trust barun and ipk actors...i knw he doesnt want to quit...

i will keep mailing sp..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Ace11..Smita..Omorabotiindi52ragvir.fan

Ash95 IF-Dazzler
Ash95
Ash95

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GanBarunFan

Originally posted by --Nishita--

Originally posted by Ash95

The only reason I can think of  the sudden nasty change in SP is Barun may have opted out of  UK trip and that is heavy loss for Sp and their international image tarnished so they are retaliating by tarnishing Barun's image.  Only time will tell.  SP had been supporting Barun so why give these sort of replies now?????

I think he spoke about going to Birmingham last evening. I dont think he has backed out. This must be Star's strategy to keep all the IPK fans at bay. They are being bombarded with mails and phone calls.

Such a shame na? Everyone wanted a piece of him and now they are treating him like s#$%...very much like what the kernal guy wrote he felt.
\\I

I dont see in this frame of mind how will he ever host a show with the channel that is being negative about him

But yes he will be brave and put a smile for his fans as he knows he has many fans in UK  but shame on the channel if they expect him to do anything for them now

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_Mcrazyaddiction-Viji-..Smita..-Gan-PSharadapri_armaanOmorabotiindi52

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

@Joey: Thx & will do, hun.

One point here which can be used for making a case to SP: As far as I know, there are no non-compete clauses in the contracts, meaning if the contract is breached or annulled, the actors can work for a competing channel without a statutory waiting period. Another channel would jump at the opportunity to get this pair onscreen again! Would SP really want this?

I am not sure actually. There might be a statutory waiting period otherwise people will be jumping in and out of the channels pretty quickly. Also there might be a clause of another waiting period before they could come back to SP.  But money speaks! given a heft amount any channel can amend the contract at any point. Nothing is ever set in stone. It all comes down to who's willing to pay what price.
Isn't that how this fiasco started in the first place.. Money.

Dreamer-89..Smita..Nandalalacuppa_n_cricketbs_deeps-Gan-Omorabotiindi52pri_armaan

bs_deeps IF-Rockerz
bs_deeps
bs_deeps

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged

teamBarun's latest tweet says "What we heard just NOW? SP want Barun Sobti to stay! Keep Calling and Mailing them."

Badly waiting for an update from Priya..

Anchal_Mcrazyaddiction..Smita..Omorabotipri_armaan

ragvir.fan IF-Sizzlerz
ragvir.fan
ragvir.fan

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:10am | IP Logged
agree...
bas  want barun in the show...

Edited by ragvir.fan - 10 November 2012 at 9:12am

Dreamer-89..Smita..-Gan-Omorabotipri_armaan

nerina IF-Dazzler
nerina
nerina

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pri_armaan

Okay now news is Barun's got 3 movies offers and he is going for thayt! Gosh people are mad and they are just spreading things to ruin his image uff :(

In fact I was calling their office from yesterday and today evening when  I called this is what all the consumer reps who take the phone said he is going for a break because of movies offered to him.  I really felt just a ploy on their part.  I told them we love SARUN and Star Plus has to get him back as soon after a short break which he needs. I also felt we have to move our phones and mails and flood their office and media till they give in ...as they are getting affected.

Ace11crazyaddiction..Smita..-Gan-pri_armaan

bs_deeps IF-Rockerz
bs_deeps
bs_deeps

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omoraboti

Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by Nandalala

I will be drafting another email prbbly late tomorrow, expanding on a post which I wrote in Sam's thread, and some other discussions I've had: a hiatus, revamp, new PH. Speak to the business minds at SP: Do they really want to lose SaRun's usp? What is the opportunity cost in doing so? The grievances from the actor/actors don't come without merit. Listen to them, and take a stand against 4 Lions.

If the mods are remotely interested in the future of this show & want this forum to unite, they should make this thread & Joey's request into stickies.

Like minds think alike. @bold - I am baffled how can they not think about it? Do they want someone to do a business case for them? There is absolutely no risk analysis here. This is bigger than just revenue margin from local subscriptions. There is A LOT that is at stake here.
Please let me know if I can help you in convincing the business minds.

Enough of pleas & requests .. I am doing the same thing. I guess SP too can use a lesson or two in business .. everything is not short-term. How many of us watch any other SP shows or even have watched before? How come the teenagers are following a show in SP which has a mass impression of endorsing Saans-Bahu stuff only? And they talk of "soch nayi" ...
I, for one, didnt switch on TV today..There were days when I watched SP for hours together only to catch glimpse of BS..of IPKKND...I even watched teri meri promo just to see him on screen..

Dreamer-89crazyaddiction..Smita..cuppa_n_cricketindi52-Gan-OmorabotiPSharadapri_armaan

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GanBarunFan

Originally posted by --Nishita--

Originally posted by Ash95

The only reason I can think of  the sudden nasty change in SP is Barun may have opted out of  UK trip and that is heavy loss for Sp and their international image tarnished so they are retaliating by tarnishing Barun's image.  Only time will tell.  SP had been supporting Barun so why give these sort of replies now?????

I think he spoke about going to Birmingham last evening. I dont think he has backed out. This must be Star's strategy to keep all the IPK fans at bay. They are being bombarded with mails and phone calls.

Such a shame na? Everyone wanted a piece of him and now they are treating him like s#$%...very much like what the kernal guy wrote he felt.

when a couple of months ago, a friend who thinks she is a fan and has a friend in sp, wrote fairly derogatory comments about barun to me, i knew a deadly game was on. the thing is, as you say gandhari, they all wanted a piece of him, they all thought they had him and when he turned around and said he wanted stuff on his terms that became too much to handle. then he became too big for his boots in their eyes. 
the venerable producers and channels are much better off with their mediocre actors and less than mediocre stories, and utterly cardboard characters soaked in homilies and platitudes. barun is too much for them, so is asr. 

Edited by indi52 - 10 November 2012 at 10:28am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

ShyJiDreamer-89serendipity235Anchal_McrazyaddictionDazeenandu_2007momb24..Smita..Ash95GoGreenMistyDawnbs_deepscuppa_n_cricket-Gan--Prashu-Omorabotipri_armaan--Nishita--_TheJoker-

Go to top