Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonia_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: premparbat

Priya

So Barun and the SP contract never happened ?  I thought a few weeks ago he contracted with them ?  Does not seem the case now .

Maybe the contract was to cover Diwali show & the UK trip. ðŸ˜¡
pri_armaan thumbnail
Priya you are online! :) Oh God uthte hi i have logged in here becoz thot you might come!

So any news? :)
Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Barun cant go...SP stop him and take over IPK...we want barun n sanaya Jori...and we want IPK...simple...U can fix it...so FIX IT...
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Omoraboti

"priya, anjali, gandhari, nishi, prashu, omoraboti, are we watching a real life version of howard roark and toohey, after all? prescient, those conversations on crooner after crooner?"

InDi!

Looks like that is what has been happening behind the curtain. Now all I want is Sobti to come clean .. Somewhere in all this, my fight to keep the show alive has died .. I just want him to be understood .. & not feel alone!

That epi Di .. After she slaps him & asks him to slap her back .. A man in desire hidden behind the angry ASR tells her she cannot take his slap .. Nehi seh paonge .. Didnt we just die then? That was ASR .. The man who arranged his own SR was also ASR .. Where did he vanish?

PS: isnt it half past 3 at your place??? 😲

good morning omoraboti,

yeah it was pretty late at night. i couldn't sleep. everything is personal here. i can't remain detached or objective. oh that desire that made him jealous that made him angry. how palpable and worth thrilling to was that. and her, so refreshing so real.

in this sell out, not only did asr begin to dim, kkg lost her personality. never liked the prettified khushi. have long protested the sp-fication of characters. it was easier with khushi, because to start with she wasn't that edgy. but asr? iconoclastic, atheist, taken mother's name giving patriarchy a nice jolt. this character made us question things. he didn't just do what i as a contemporary soul might be nodding my head to, he did things i hadn't perhaps even thought of. there can be several views, but his way of being atheist was interesting. you have to be very very brave to be this brand of atheist, not depend on anything to carve out your life, take all the chances, the consequences, on your own. and yet he didn't disrespect anyone else's theism. the only time he said anything was to her, when she goaded him.

i have over time fallen for this character. and my heart blesses the boy who did all he could to make him breathe. it was not possible for me to sleep while i knew his world was falling apart. dramatic?

i guess i decided what the heck, the day i listened to the feelings in my heart, and started watching a serial. my life has been immensely enriched by this, i have written letters of praise to gul and gautam hegde whenever the chance presented itself here. and i met all of you. i wrote to my heart's content after ages. i experienced the falling away of narrow dimensions. given me too much.

first thing in the morning, my friend whatsapped: just read your barun is quitting tv - we have to meet to discuss. (my barun? sweet, but not true. i like him the way he is: his barun)

my last line to her in my reply: ... either way, he will be one of the most spectacular experiences of an old woman's life.

i'd be very very very surprised if sanaya agreed to carry on with someone else playing asr. i have a feeling she won't; in her own quiet, sanaya like way, she will also do what is right.

i hope this fiasco tells all tv stars that what's happening with them is unfair at a very essential level. and they protest. i read anas rashid bemoan the fact that these days no memorable characters come from tv because the madness for trp impacts everything. oh they might find that also too much straight talk. not welcome in tv world.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
bs_deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Farha gave me this link to an article..very nicely written..

http://www.fuzionproductions.com/the-politics-never-dies-iss-pyar-ko-kya-naam-doon/ 

pri_armaan thumbnail
Originally posted by: indi52

good morning omoraboti,

yeah it was pretty late at night. i couldn't sleep. everything is personal here. i can't remain detached or objective. oh that desire taht made him jealous that made him angry. how palpable and worth thrilling to was that. and her, so refreshing so real.

in this sell out, not only did asr begin to dim, kkg lost her personality. never liked the prettified khushi. haver long protested the sp=fication of characters. it was easier with khushi, because to start with she wasn't taht edgy. but asr? iconoclastic, atheist, taken mother's name giving patriarchy a nice jolt. this character made us question things. he didn't just do what i as a contemporary soul might be nodding my head to, he did things i hadn't perhaps even thought of. you have to be very very brave to be atheist, not depend on anything to carve out youtr life, take all the chances, on your own.

i have over time fallen for this character. and my heart blesses the boy who did all he could to make him breathe. it was not possible for me to sleep while i knew his world was falling apart. dramatic?

i guess i decided what the heck, the day i listened to the feelings in my heart, and started watching a serial. my life has been immensely enriched by this, i have written letters of praise to gul and gautam hegde whenever the chance presented itself here.

first thing in the morning, my friend whatsapped: just read your barun is quitting tv - we have to meet to discuss. (my barun? sweet, but not true. i like him the way he is: his barun)

my last line to her in my reply: ... either way, he will be one of the most spectacular experiences of an old woman's life.

i'd be very very very surprised if sanaya agreed to carry on with someone else playing asr. i have a feeling she won't in her own quiet, sanaya like way, she will also do what is right.

i hope this fiasco tells all tv stars that what's happening with them is unfair at  avery essential level. and they protest. i read anas rashid bemoan the fact that these days no memorable characters come from tv because of the madness for trp impacts everything. oh they might find that also too much straight talk. not welcome in tv world.

Hey :)
I absolutely agree with you! ASR was and will always remain the most charismatic character ever ever seen on Indian television!
Everything about that man is enigmatic!
In a story, characters evolve, they grow and i have never minded transformation of ASR into Arnav because it was bound to happen but the way it has been executed and to the limit it has been done is not something viewers, viewers who have actually travelled with ASR in this journey can digest!!
ASR soften a bit, became more human because of love is endearing but he deviates away from his basic nature and characteristics is never acceptable which it happened. Sad. 
Even My brother who never the serial the way i do, told me they have changed way too much whoch actually doesnt happen with people! And it actually struck me at that time that if a person who hasnt even watched Arnav closely can feel so, then we feeling and Barun feeling this will obviusly happen and then comes the dissatisfacton.

And the last lines you wrote are so so true! Anas Rashid has said actually told about the sad state of affairs in our Indian Television. Hope some day this changes and we come out of idea of *cliche heroes and heroines*
because i for one love flawed characters because they have a certain realism to them!

..mrinalini.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I don't get it...Many people seems to have really fallen for Sobti's.."I want a break..I wanna quit TV"thingy..The channel gives them misleading answers...the PH representatives come and do a good brainwash..and people are easily taken for a ride!!😕😕

I just Don't get it..This is a simple fact yaar...Is Barun Sobti a fool that he'd go on an indefinite break...jeopardizing his TV career...causing the heartbreak of millions when his film is on the verge of releasing??

Sorry...But I can't really digest this...
pri_armaan thumbnail
Originally posted by: bs_deeps

Farha gave me this link to an article..very nicely written..

http://www.fuzionproductions.com/the-politics-never-dies-iss-pyar-ko-kya-naam-doon/ 

This is such a naice article!

Omg did such things happen with Barun on Diwali event? He was just made to stand there on the stage without been given enough dialogoues half of the time! 

Now this is not fair!
bs_deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sampin

I don't get it...Many people seems to have really fallen for Sobti's.."I want a break..I wanna quit TV"thingy..The channel gives them misleading answers...the PH representatives come and do a good brainwash..and people are easily taken for a ride!!😕😕

I just Don't get it..This is a simple fact yaar...Is Barun Sobti a fool that he'd go on an indefinite break...jeopardizing his TV career...causing the heartbreak of millions when his film is on the verge of releasing??

Sorry...But I can't really digest this...

thats what worrying me now..looks like uproar is already dying...

chitrajay thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail