Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PrashT thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: pri_armaan

Hey can i have the link to their Twitter profile? :)

Here you go sweety..

https://twitter.com/StarPlus_India

Spam!!!!😉😉
Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Omoraboti

Anjali!

This is the problem .. they will never admit where they really made the blunders. Did we not watch Payal-Akash track during their courtship? Did we not watch Anjali-Shyam romance? Did we not sit through Khushi-Mami tracking Arnav? They have literally drained their leads .. ignored the supporting cast so much that they chose to exit .. promised someonet as a lead of the show and when she decided to quit, changed the tracks ridiculously!

The moment forum32 happened, I knew we are towards a dirty closing soon .. with so many loops opened, so many possibilities to explore .. they declared their CVs were no longer efficient? What the ..??

No one needs come & vouch for Sobti .. we have seen him & we have brains. I just hope SP takes a stand this time .. this is their chance to be "different", to have the new generation on board ..

It is ironic that a channel which showcases a program now going into its 4th year can rest easy knowing that others which have so much more potential and that they have INVESTED their monies in, are falling to the wayside.  

Farah, to be honest, this "assembly line", "chalta hai" mentality of making shows has to end.  Quality over quantity. Don't be afraid to be innovative & shift away from the dominant paradigm.   Thats where the soch nayi really comes into play.  
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: -Delicious_BS-

oh my god he got 3 movie offers in just some hours ...what the..😕 SP thinks we are gopi Bahu or Gopi Bahu's viewers.. i had called then when the guy told me this..i directly told him that i know there is nothing like that..and yes i am unsubscribing your channel then.. and not only everyone will do the same here..!! then they said mam we are trying.. i said then we will try too to keep your channel.. 😕

Awesome reply! 👍🏼

I was thinking ..about his sudden 3 movie offers .. He said in his yesterday's interview that he has not signed any movie ... so here is the fun thing ..

He has not signed any movie yet and if he walks out and then signs a movie, SP/PH can then say .. "told you" .. very intriguing .. isnt it? These guys indeed are creative! Being the talent Sobti is, it is obvious he will get good offers once he is out from the show .. so they can easily cash on it.
PrashT thumbnail
Originally posted by: Omoraboti

Anjali!

This is the problem .. they will never admit where they really made the blunders. Did we not watch Payal-Akash track during their courtship? Did we not watch Anjali-Shyam romance? Did we not sit through Khushi-Mami tracking Arnav? They have literally drained their leads .. ignored the supporting cast so much that they chose to exit .. promised someonet as a lead of the show and when she decided to quit, changed the tracks ridiculously!

The moment forum32 happened, I knew we are towards a dirty closing soon .. with so many loops opened, so many possibilities to explore .. they declared their CVs were no longer efficient? What the ..??

No one needs come & vouch for Sobti .. we have seen him & we have brains. I just hope SP takes a stand this time .. this is their chance to be "different", to have the new generation on board ..

Sry for butting in Farha and Anji...

U knw what.. Gul and others are focusing entirely on their new show.. When your entire capacity is focused on single thing.. U have no capacity left for others!!!  This is non-sense excuse.. many PH have 2-3 shows.. athat run  smilutaneously!! Do they say we have no tracks left!!! Rubbish!!!
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for bringing positivity  to the forum 
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: bs_deeps

Loved your reply..🤗

That's what I too said. I said I am an educated working women who watches only this show. Why the hell would I have Star Plus if you are showing me the same bullshit all other channels are airing. I told the consumer cell person to tell Star to issue a public statement on Barun's status so I can also cancel my Star Plus subscription.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
sp and soch nayi.

a dear friend had once written here: rishta wahi, soch gayi.

there's truth in that i fear. television world in india, and perhaps elsewhere too, is pretty cut throat and unscrupulous. reading about subhash chandran (do i have the name right), i sometimes feel zee might have a little bit of sense of ethics, but the rest don't seem to be too bothered with such things. for most of them, certainly the gec's, the motto is make money the easiest way and make sure everybody tows the line. the typical attitude of most humongous conglomerates. in all this soch nayi never gets a chance. new thinking is disruptive. a risk needs to be taken. large entertainment channels do not take risks. that is why the safety of tradition all the time. 

our good fortune, someone took a risk and tried ipk on sp instead of the younger channel it was pitched for. it paid off. a humongous audience overseas got hooked. as did people such as me: the confirmed non serial watcher. 

having done something really soch nayi, the channel seems to have cracked under the pressure. 😆. i am not joking.

this whole thing makes no sense. why would you hound the actors who have given you such a success? an access to a world, a market you'd have never reached before? i still remember star plus starting the subtitle trend, then the more recent same time everywhere strategy. they seemed to be serious about the overseas market. so why would they not capitalise on the show's success? why this harping on trp's when they are reaching a massive non traditional audience, outside the trp net?

everything is a mystery.

the one with the real soch nayi, barun sobti, and the team of young actors, i do wish them well. we'll see whose loss it will be ultimately.

the best part about the boy i have decided to trust. he is outside and above the game. he has it in him to walk away from it all. gives me hope. makes me happy.

-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nandalala

@Farah: Excellent point about the saas bahu & the soch nayi.  Indeed they are contradictory.  But the point to be noted here is that the successful saas bahu shows work in part because it is an ensemble effort.  Tracks are laid out for the supporting cast, so that the leads are not taxed to the point of having to leave.  For a man who is as bindaas as they come, and is not in it for fame, why would he walk now?

SP should analyze the reason why 4 Lions failed their actors.  They have enough data on their drawing board to go back & see where such lapses occurred.  If they have any inclination to "save" this show and keep its usp intact, they have to apply their soch nayi to their own business practices, and those of their partners (the PHs.)  

@Anjali..do you think the channel cares much about whys? All they care about is revenues and what sells...They know IPK sells in international market...and they have seen leads leaving a show and replaced by new lead is normal in Indian tellydom...but IPK is not a normal soap ...it's unique storyline appeals to the a different audience demographic..whichis much more diverse than their other soaps...so their template soch will not apply here...like you said "they have to apply their soch nayi to their own business practices, and those of their partners (the PHs.)"
PrashT thumbnail
Awww.. Indi Di.. Loved your post...🤗

Di.. Its all abt money!!! It has been alawys..!! Survival of the fittest.. remember!!!

Our Mam has told us this.. in my MBA.. Yes there is cut-throat competition out there!! People will take advantage of you... You only need to be alert and wise... Survival of Fittest is there.. But Not on ur principle and terms.. caz people wont respect you if you dont respect your terms and principles!!

BS will succeed!!! I knw tht/.. We all knw it!!

I know this guy will do wonders!! He has that in him!!!  But If he leaves.. the show will not sustain.. I think.. SP very well knws that.. PH has not problem in that .. we all know.. but this will affect SP!!!!

Now.. we need to do our effort.. Lets see who wins!!!
Edited by prash_t - 11 years ago
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: indi52

sp and soch nayi.

a dear friend had once written here: rishta wahi, soch gayi.

there's truth in that i fear. television world in india, and perhaps elsewhere too, is pretty cut throat and unscrupulous. reading about subhash chandran (do i have the name right), i sometimes feel zee might have a little bit of sense of ethics, but the rest don't seem to be too bothered with such things. for most of them, certainly the gec's, the motto is make money the easiest way and make sure everybody tows the line. the typical attitude of most humongous conglomerates. in all this soch nayi never gets a chance. new thinking is disruptive. a risk needs to be taken. large entertainment channels do not take risks. that is why the safety of tradition all the time. 

our good fortune, someone took a risk and tried ipk on sp instead of the younger channel it was pitched for. it paid off. a humongous audience overseas got hooked. as did people such as me: the confirmed non serial watcher. 

having done something really soch nayi, the channel seems to have cracked under the pressure. 😆. i am not joking.

this whole thing makes no sense. why would you hound the actors who have given you such a success? an access to a world, a market you'd have never reached before? i still remember star plus starting the subtitle trend, then the more recent same time everywhere strategy. they seemed to be serious about the overseas market. so why would they not capitalise on the show's success? why this harping on trp's when they are reaching a massive non traditional audience, outside the trp net?

everything is a mystery.

the one with the real soch nayi, barun sobti, and the team of young actors, i do wish them well. we'll see whose loss it will be ultimately.

the best part about the boy i have decided to trust. he is outside and above the game. he has it in him to walk away from it all. gives me hope. makes me happy.

Di .. you echoed my toughts! They tried but I guess could not manage to get out of the silo they always have been in ..

I have been questioning 4Lions' business strategy .. now I am wondering the same about SP too. So they dont want to venture a new segment? They tried and they are giving up? So we are not just worth it? So along with Barun, they would just let us go too .. ?