Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

I dream, You dream, We all dream ... for Ice Cream (Page 3)

-Liebe- IF-Sizzlerz
-Liebe-
-Liebe-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:13am | IP Logged
SAMIR...good post..Clap...u stated everybody 's dream clearly...and u rised good question...Clap...wt i think to ans ur question is written by niruba...in her comment...

Bhabo only sees/likes Sandya as her 'son's wife'...she will only start supporting Sandya and her dreams whole heartedly when she starts accepting/loving Sandya as her 'own daughter...

so going with niruba...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR-farhana874.Ami.

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Nice discussion thread for the weekend Samir.

Liked all the replies.

In my opinion, dream is something which is out of ordinary from the normal life of individuals like Sandhya's IPS dream.  So, I don't consider Bhabho's wish for her son to have a successful married life as a true dream (again, it is just my opinion). 

"Budhi aankhon ke berangeen sapne"  - where were they when Bhabho got Vikram married first when the elder brother is still unmarried?? Did the society accept it without mocking?  It should have been against her sanskar, maan, sammaan, everything then also but she accepted it because it was for her son.  Similarly, she agreed for Chavvi's marriage and even sent her to attend her in-laws function against her beliefs because she is her daughter.  Sorry for going out of topic but Bhabho may be good at heart with good intention of protecting her son's future but still she does not consider Sandhya or her daughter-in-law as one of her family member, she is an outsider who is supposed to be hardworking and need to be tamed like Suraj for the unity and well-being of the family.  She would not care even if the other siblings would humiliate Suraj to any extent.

Bhabho is certainly not going to accept or compromise.  This is going to be neverending.  Given the spoiler, she has compelled Suraj to follow his siblings, that is hide things from Bhabho and continue doing things that benefits them.

Edited by b2011 - 10 November 2012 at 12:10pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shehjar-SamiR-Deebzfarhana874SAIBALROUTH.Ami.

farhana874 IF-Dazzler
farhana874
farhana874

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Don't you know we have a good number of AK-47, missiles stored,
aur haan a dhishkaaon Amlu too!LOL
Okies...I'll pay for that one but you have to pay for this - Serendipity! Big smile

Ab soch lo!Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-.Ami.

SwerveBae IF-Sizzlerz
SwerveBae
SwerveBae

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
I dream, you dream, we all dream for ice cream...Dancing

Nice thread Samir Approve

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-farhana874.Ami.

SriB IF-Dazzler
SriB
SriB

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
SamiR , excellent point of view which has been very fantastically put. Like your way of thinking. Made me to ponder that both woman have equal rights to dream and both woman have equal rights to work towards achieving their own respective dreams. While Bhabho is pursuing in her own way, Sandhya has abandoned hers for the family but Suraj has taken up to fight for his wife's dream.so it's with and watch what s gonna happen 

-SamiR-farhana874.Ami.

.Ami. IF-Sizzlerz
.Ami.
.Ami.

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
I dream a lot n chase to achieve them one after another.Approve.

Right now, I'm dreaming to eat ice-cream treat given by SamiR uncle to me, Samah n Ferry..Day Dreaming

Dream/ambition is a driving force of anyone's life. Without dream/ambition life is dry like a dessert.Unhappy.

You've described very well n loved reading everyone's replies.Clap Star Clap. I don't have to add anything. I'm too late.Disapprove.

-SamiR-SwerveBae

SRKian_ Goldie
SRKian_
SRKian_

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Bhabo dreamed goodness for sooraj but now needs to understand that sooraj's happiness is lying with sandhya's dream.that makes sandhya's dream more justified.bhabo is clearly being hypocrite.*thumbsdown*

very long but very well written.*thumbsup*

-SamiR-farhana874.Ami.

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
@ Juna - Aww ... thank you so much for your kind words! (everyone is so nice and encouraging in this forum; now I know why Total-Romantic says 'Aww' so much! Wink). I agree that Suraj should be persistent and convince Bhabho that his dream aligns with Sandhya's. Interesting take on Bhabho's love for Suraj being conditional; I think that could be a topic of debate on its own.

@ udnis/sindu - I also liked niruba's comment; good to see all three of us on the same page Thumbs Up.

@ Bharati ji - I think your interpretation of 'dreams' is definitely a valid one; although, when writing the post, I was thinking of dreams as specific goals in life that we strive for, ... be it ordinary or extraordinary. You're right about Bhabho not accepting Sandhya as a family member (i.e. like a daughter). But there is a lot of promise for this to change; Bhabho subconsciously accepts Sandhya, as evident from the 'drunk in Singapore' scene (wouldn't it be awesome if Bhabho was drunk all the time?! Day Dreaming). However, Bhabho consciously accepting Sandhya will take a long long time, IMO. As for the spoiler, I'm trying really hard to not read any spoilers this time around; so ... 

farhana874.Ami.

Go to top