Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

I dream, You dream, We all dream ... for Ice Cream (Page 2)

Deebz IF-Dazzler
Deebz
Deebz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 4:25am | IP Logged
SamiR, I was going to say  "Et, tu Brutus!" when you started to defend Bhabo's dreams but you beautifully turned it around. Hats off! You are a great writer. Your "uncle" status is earned thru the maturity of your writing.LOL
Love would be the best, most ideal reason for Bhabo to give her blessings. I have often seen that women who have had unfulfilled dreams (either thru circumstance like Bhabo or just by being never satisfied with what they have achieved or attained) are often the ones who look to their sons to complete them. They tend to cling to the sons more and be more possessive. It is very difficult for them to share a son's love with another woman. If the son happens to be like Suraj, it is doubly hard. The only way they can tolerate it  is by imagining the daughter in law as not a person at all but an object that has been brought to fulfill a need. If that person has any aspiration other than just serving the son, they go " What, Who does she think she is, a human being?"
I am not generalizing. There are women like Dilip's mom who are happy in their sons' happiness. True love is selfless and Bhabo needs to get there in her love for Suraj. As for loving Sandy, that is an uphill climb, if her inhumane treatment of her after her having done so much for  the parivaar is anything to go by.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874UMDUSAIBALROUTH.Ami.-Liebe-

SAIBALROUTH IF-Sizzlerz
SAIBALROUTH
SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Samir Ji, nice post. Very nice questions posed and I think somehow or the other, one has to give up her dream, I mean, it is either Bhabo's dream or Sandhya's dream, both cannot happen together and on no account a compromise may be reached as the talking point is IPS dream and even Bhabasa has realized that. I guess Bhabo will have to readjust with her wishes for the sake of Suraj and Sandhya's happiness, especially as Suraj too said that his dream is now same as Sandhya, that is to see her as IPS officer.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjar-SamiR-Deebzfarhana874.Ami.-Liebe-

farhana874 IF-Dazzler
farhana874
farhana874

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Either love or compromise...umm...or both??

Bhabo's love for Sooraj might compel her to compromise.

Sometimes I feel Bhabo needs a dhamaka...a big bang!...I mean something big to make her permit Sandy to chase her dream.
May be some accident with Sooraj... Okay okay...don't get mad at me... don't start running after me with a rolling pin!Embarrassed

Lovely post SamiR babu...Now my treat?
Chale ice cream parlor?Day Dreaming

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjar-SamiR-.Ami.-Liebe-

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niruba

SamiRji...wonderful post Clap

a very good question and you have actually given a perfect answer to it Wink...it's all about LOVE...bhabo loves her son sooo much and it has turned into over-possesiveness until she's unable to see her son's true feelings...and Sandya, also soo much in love with Suraj and also I think she has started loving the family as her own, so she too sacrificed her dream for their happiness...and we all know Suraj always loved Sandya and after the WTC experience, he has learned a lot about dream and success...many times Suraj mentioned that Sandya made a common man dream come true, so that means he too had a dream to be successful but never thought of working towards it until Sandya came into his life...so unconditional love + realisation of fulfilling wife's dream especially after learning that her parents were with him at their last breath made suraj more determined to work towards it...

Confused I think I'm just repeating what you've said in your post...I agree with you that everyone is behaving in such way because of LOVE, but Suraj has another solid reason to be stubborn, that is his realisation of importance of fulfilling one's dream after the WTC experience...now I know why the CVs showed the track with a little bit of exaggeration Wink

Bhabo only sees/likes Sandya as her 'son's wife'...she will only start supporting Sandya and her dreams whole heartedly when she starts accepting/loving Sandya as her 'own daughter'...

Good point niruba! Realizing the importance of dreams is essential; the best way is to actually dream and work towards achieving it. WTC track makes a lot more sense now. Thumbs Up I wonder if Bhabho ever dreamed of something for herself, or if her battles with life's hardships in the past made her to dream only for others (i.e her children) Confused. Maybe she just doesn't completely understand the value of dreams; just a possibility. Thanks for the thought-provoking reply niruba! Star

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011farhana874SAIBALROUTH.Ami.-Liebe-

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TOTAL-ROMANTIC

Hai Samir..What a wonderful post yaar..Clap Dilkhush kardiya..But my anger on Bhabo remains CONSTANTDead..All I can now give You a answer is..thsi BHABHO is one Attention seeking lady who cant imagine that her Son has moved from her pallu to loving another woman..She is OBSESSED with her love to her son SURAJ..by raising him to Shravan Kumar she actually always expects her son to give sacrifices in hsi life..But awww Suraj who have sacrifised even thsi time..but for hsi WIFE's Dream & her parents Dream..Aw..what a Man..I so cant explain hwo much I love him..!! Ok so thats what I am saying..I WILL NEVER FORGIVE BHABHO at least in this LIFE>.LOL

Aww ... your so kind Total-Romantic! LOL Glad to make your dil khush! Your anger on Bhabho and love for Suraj is completely understandable. But remember, never say never; especially when it comes to daily soaps, where impossible is possible. I think you should reconcile in this life only, because unlike the old 'K' serials my mom used to watch, I don't think DABH characters have 27 lives! LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011farhana874SAIBALROUTH.Ami.TOTAL-ROMANTIC-Liebe-

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
@ Deebz - Thank you for such wonderful compliments! (and thanks for not equating me with Brutus; although I like his character a lot!) I'm glad to see support for my answer of 'love'. And I found your description of 'the woman with unfulfilled dreams' very interesting; it definitely resembles Bhabho. I appreciate your wise words! Smile

@ SAIBAL ji - Thanks for your input! Big smile I agree that something's gotta give; we all hope that 'something' is Bhabho. Let's see if our hopes and dreams are fulfilled! 

Edited by -SamiR- - 10 November 2012 at 9:46am

b2011shehjarfarhana874SAIBALROUTH.Ami.-Liebe-

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by farhana874

Either love or compromise...umm...or both??

Bhabo's love for Sooraj might compel her to compromise.

Sometimes I feel Bhabo needs a dhamaka...a big bang!...I mean something big to make her permit Sandy to chase her dream.
May be some accident with Sooraj... Okay okay...don't get mad at me... don't start running after me with a rolling pin!Embarrassed

Lovely post SamiR babu...Now my treat?
Chale ice cream parlor?Day Dreaming

Thanks buddy! It's definitely realistic to expect something big; after all, it is an Indian drama. Day Dreaming

Why do people expect us DABHians to be violent? So many people are starting or ending their posts with 'don't bash me' , 'don't beat me up' , 'don't shoot me down with AK-47, dishkaaoo!' LOL. And your portrayal of us running you down with a rolling pin is not helping farhana! Ouch (although, it's good to create a little fear I guess; keeps the crazies from posting Big smile)

As for the treat ... unless treat aap ki taraf se hai, I suggest we be satisfied with just 'dreaming' about Ice Cream! LOL Here's something to help you dream:

b2011shehjarfarhana874SAIBALROUTH.Ami.-Liebe-

Juna04 IF-Rockerz
Juna04
Juna04

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -SamiR-

Thumbs Up  Perfect analysis and SamiR you always show so much maturity and clear thinking especially when we all get so emotional and angry you come up with very clear, logical and excellent analysis of how things really are even though this is a fictional show it is so close to reality and real emotions of characters and people here.

After watching today's episode, I'm not surprised as to why our forum's BP went through the roof! I think further discussing the epi will only make things worse; so I'm not going to do that Big smile. Instead of talking about this nightmare of an episode, I think I will talk about something else. ... 
thinking smiley, idea smiley, animated smiley, animation smileyLet's see ... Hmmwhat shall I talk about ... maybe something that's completely different ... Ignoring You something completely opposite of this nightmare ... hmm ... what's the opposite of nightmares? Ermm ... dreams ... Ive Got It aha! That's it! I'll talk about dreams.

Dreams are nice. We all have them, so we can all relate to them. Some of us dream of having gaadi, bungala, bank balance (but mere paas ... Maa hai! Silly); others dream of glory, or awards, or Olympic medals Star; yet others dream about Katrina, Priyanka, Anushka, Kareena, Genelia, Bipasha, Day Dreaming ... well ... you get the point Blushing (and for you ladies out there, I know you only dream of Anas LOL)! Dreams are an important part of us, of our lives. It's what we strive towards, our goal, our purpose. For some of us, the only reason for living is to see a certain dream fulfilled! All this talk of dreams reminds me of the dreams of some specific people:

Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream. This American civil rights activist had a dream that became famous, thanks to his well-known speech. He describes his dream in the speech: "I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character!" Clap Wow! Such powerful words!

There was a young girl who had a dream. She dreamt of serving her people, her country. She dreamt of fighting crime, establishing justice, and purifying her nation. She dreamt of making her parents proud. A noble dream indeed Thumbs Up, especially considering she was a girl living in a male-dominated society that was plagued with gender discrimination Disapprove!

There was a mother who had a dream. She dreamt of a future filled with happiness for her beloved son Day Dreaming. She dreamt of a daughter-in-law that will love his son and be capable of providing for him all the comforts of the world. A daughter-in-law that will successfully manage her family and take care of them through thick and thin. An ordinary dream, which almost every Indian mother has. But a dream made noble, because her son truly was deserving of a life filled with happiness Approve!

Okay, okay ... I think you figured it out by now that I failed in my promise to not talk about DABH (but before you turn the heavy artillery from seelaks thread on me Ouch, please realize that I have to talk about DABH in this forum; or else it would be against the rules Wink)! Anyways, I must come clean now; my intention was to raise the question that Bhabho raised today: Is Bhabho's dream somehow unequal to that of Sandhya's? Is her dream not worth being fulfilled, simply because they are 'budhi aankhon ke berangeen sapne'? It's clear that the two dreams are parallel; it's hard to see them happening together, unless some compromise is reached. But why should one give up their dream for someone else? We all have equal rights. The dreams mentioned above don't break any legal or moral laws. Then why would one give up their dream to fulfill another's? Confused

Now, it would be unfair of me to ask you a question and not put any effort in trying to think of a possible answer. So before I make you do all the work, I'll have a go at it. The one answer I could come up with was 'love' Heart. If you love a person so much that his/her dream takes precedence over yours, and her/his happiness is what makes you happy, then it's quite easy to give in and maybe even leave your dream behind. We see parents often doing this: they might have dreamed for their child to have a certain career but if the child dreams otherwise, the parents, out of unconditional love, will give up their own dream. Likewise, Suraj had a dream similar to Bhabho's but he loves Sandhya soo much  that he gave up his dream without hesitation . Also, Sandhya, among other reasons, decided to give up her dream out of love for Suraj and Bhabho. Now Bhabho, ... she might love her beendni (Shocked I know, it's a shocking possibility), but she loves Suraj way more Approve! She knows that Suraj shared her dream, and she just does not love Sandhya enough to give up her own dreams for her (sorry BhaSan fans LOL).
 So now there are two possibilities: either Bhabho's love for Sandhya grows to a point where she accepts Sandhya's dream; or (a more likely scenario) Suraj convinces Bhabho that his dream is now the same as Sandhya's dream!

Thanks for bearing with the long post ; I look forward to your answers to the question Bhabho and I posed above. Happy Weekend! 

SamiR  I think you have found a perfect way for the CVs to show convincingly how Bhabho will eventually accept Sandhya with her dreams...  She will accept it after she gets convinced that Suraj shares the same dream as Sandhya now and for this Suraj will have to show determination, focus and will and prove that he will do anything to make Sandhya's dream come true.  He needs to show long and sustained support to Sandhya...

In the meantime,  We will continue to see Bhabho in her selfish, aggressive mode and frankly I feel her love for Sooraj is more selfish than true love.  She has expectations from her love for Sooraj it is not unconditional like Sooraj and Sandhya have for each other.  Sooraj has also shown unconditional love for his mother so far and now that he is showing the same kind of unconditional love for Sandhya... Bhabho cannot accept it as her love has its limitation.

SamiR you have brilliantly summarised the how the theme and story of DABH will all come together eventually...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011shehjar-SamiR-farhana874MJV2SAIBALROUTH.Ami.

Go to top