I dream, You dream, We all dream ... for Ice Cream - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Either love or compromise...umm...or both??

Bhabo's love for Sooraj might compel her to compromise.

Sometimes I feel Bhabo needs a dhamaka...a big bang!...I mean something big to make her permit Sandy to chase her dream.
May be some accident with Sooraj... Okay okay...don't get mad at me... don't start running after me with a rolling pin!😳

Lovely post SamiR babu...Now my treat?
Chale ice cream parlor?
Originally posted by niruba

SamiRji...wonderful post πŸ‘

a very good question and you have actually given a perfect answer to it πŸ˜‰...it's all about LOVE...bhabo loves her son sooo much and it has turned into over-possesiveness until she's unable to see her son's true feelings...and Sandya, also soo much in love with Suraj and also I think she has started loving the family as her own, so she too sacrificed her dream for their happiness...and we all know Suraj always loved Sandya and after the WTC experience, he has learned a lot about dream and success...many times Suraj mentioned that Sandya made a common man dream come true, so that means he too had a dream to be successful but never thought of working towards it until Sandya came into his life...so unconditional love + realisation of fulfilling wife's dream especially after learning that her parents were with him at their last breath made suraj more determined to work towards it...

πŸ˜• I think I'm just repeating what you've said in your post...I agree with you that everyone is behaving in such way because of LOVE, but Suraj has another solid reason to be stubborn, that is his realisation of importance of fulfilling one's dream after the WTC experience...now I know why the CVs showed the track with a little bit of exaggeration πŸ˜‰

Bhabo only sees/likes Sandya as her 'son's wife'...she will only start supporting Sandya and her dreams whole heartedly when she starts accepting/loving Sandya as her 'own daughter'...

Good point niruba! Realizing the importance of dreams is essential; the best way is to actually dream and work towards achieving it. WTC track makes a lot more sense now. πŸ‘πŸΌ I wonder if Bhabho ever dreamed of something for herself, or if her battles with life's hardships in the past made her to dream only for others (i.e her children) πŸ˜•. Maybe she just doesn't completely understand the value of dreams; just a possibility. Thanks for the thought-provoking reply niruba! β­οΈ
Originally posted by TOTAL-ROMANTIC

Hai Samir..What a wonderful post yaar..πŸ‘ Dilkhush kardiya..But my anger on Bhabo remains CONSTANT🀒..All I can now give You a answer is..thsi BHABHO is one Attention seeking lady who cant imagine that her Son has moved from her pallu to loving another woman..She is OBSESSED with her love to her son SURAJ..by raising him to Shravan Kumar she actually always expects her son to give sacrifices in hsi life..But awww Suraj who have sacrifised even thsi time..but for hsi WIFE's Dream & her parents Dream..Aw..what a Man..I so cant explain hwo much I love him..!! Ok so thats what I am saying..I WILL NEVER FORGIVE BHABHO at least in this LIFE>.πŸ˜†

Aww ... your so kind Total-Romantic! πŸ˜† Glad to make your dil khush! Your anger on Bhabho and love for Suraj is completely understandable. But remember, never say never; especially when it comes to daily soaps, where impossible is possible. I think you should reconcile in this life only, because unlike the old 'K' serials my mom used to watch, I don't think DABH characters have 27 lives! πŸ˜†
@ Deebz - Thank you for such wonderful compliments! (and thanks for not equating me with Brutus; although I like his character a lot!) I'm glad to see support for my answer of 'love'. And I found your description of 'the woman with unfulfilled dreams' very interesting; it definitely resembles Bhabho. I appreciate your wise words! πŸ˜Š

@ SAIBAL ji - Thanks for your input! πŸ˜ƒ I agree that something's gotta give; we all hope that 'something' is Bhabho. Let's see if our hopes and dreams are fulfilled! 
Edited by -SamiR- - 11 years ago
Originally posted by farhana874

Either love or compromise...umm...or both??

Bhabo's love for Sooraj might compel her to compromise.

Sometimes I feel Bhabo needs a dhamaka...a big bang!...I mean something big to make her permit Sandy to chase her dream.
May be some accident with Sooraj... Okay okay...don't get mad at me... don't start running after me with a rolling pin!😳

Lovely post SamiR babu...Now my treat?
Chale ice cream parlor?

Thanks buddy! It's definitely realistic to expect something big; after all, it is an Indian drama. 

Why do people expect us DABHians to be violent? So many people are starting or ending their posts with 'don't bash me' , 'don't beat me up' , 'don't shoot me down with AK-47, dishkaaoo!' πŸ˜†. And your portrayal of us running you down with a rolling pin is not helping farhana!  (although, it's good to create a little fear I guess; keeps the crazies from posting πŸ˜ƒ)

As for the treat ... unless treat aap ki taraf se hai, I suggest we be satisfied with just 'dreaming' about Ice Cream! πŸ˜† Here's something to help you dream:

Originally posted by -SamiR-

πŸ‘πŸΌ  Perfect analysis and SamiR you always show so much maturity and clear thinking especially when we all get so emotional and angry you come up with very clear, logical and excellent analysis of how things really are even though this is a fictional show it is so close to reality and real emotions of characters and people here.

After watching today's episode, I'm not surprised as to why our forum's BP went through the roof! I think further discussing the epi will only make things worse; so I'm not going to do that πŸ˜ƒ. Instead of talking about this nightmare of an episode, I think I will talk about something else. ... 
Let's see ... what shall I talk about ... maybe something that's completely different ...  something completely opposite of this nightmare ... hmm ... what's the opposite of nightmares? πŸ€” ... dreams ...  aha! That's it! I'll talk about dreams.

Dreams are nice. We all have them, so we can all relate to them. Some of us dream of having gaadi, bungala, bank balance (but mere paas ... Maa hai! πŸ€ͺ); others dream of glory, or awards, or Olympic medals ⭐️; yet others dream about Katrina, Priyanka, Anushka, Kareena, Genelia, Bipasha,  ... well ... you get the point ☺️ (and for you ladies out there, I know you only dream of Anas πŸ˜†)! Dreams are an important part of us, of our lives. It's what we strive towards, our goal, our purpose. For some of us, the only reason for living is to see a certain dream fulfilled! All this talk of dreams reminds me of the dreams of some specific people:

Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream. This American civil rights activist had a dream that became famous, thanks to his well-known speech. He describes his dream in the speech: "I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character!" πŸ‘ Wow! Such powerful words!

There was a young girl who had a dream. She dreamt of serving her people, her country. She dreamt of fighting crime, establishing justice, and purifying her nation. She dreamt of making her parents proud. A noble dream indeed πŸ‘πŸΌ, especially considering she was a girl living in a male-dominated society that was plagued with gender discrimination πŸ˜’!

There was a mother who had a dream. She dreamt of a future filled with happiness for her beloved son . She dreamt of a daughter-in-law that will love his son and be capable of providing for him all the comforts of the world. A daughter-in-law that will successfully manage her family and take care of them through thick and thin. An ordinary dream, which almost every Indian mother has. But a dream made noble, because her son truly was deserving of a life filled with happiness !

Okay, okay ... I think you figured it out by now that I failed in my promise to not talk about DABH (but before you turn the heavy artillery from seelaks thread on me , please realize that I have to talk about DABH in this forum; or else it would be against the rules πŸ˜‰)! Anyways, I must come clean now; my intention was to raise the question that Bhabho raised today: Is Bhabho's dream somehow unequal to that of Sandhya's? Is her dream not worth being fulfilled, simply because they are 'budhi aankhon ke berangeen sapne'? It's clear that the two dreams are parallel; it's hard to see them happening together, unless some compromise is reached. But why should one give up their dream for someone else? We all have equal rights. The dreams mentioned above don't break any legal or moral laws. Then why would one give up their dream to fulfill another's? πŸ˜•

Now, it would be unfair of me to ask you a question and not put any effort in trying to think of a possible answer. So before I make you do all the work, I'll have a go at it. The one answer I could come up with was 'love' ❀️. If you love a person so much that his/her dream takes precedence over yours, and her/his happiness is what makes you happy, then it's quite easy to give in and maybe even leave your dream behind. We see parents often doing this: they might have dreamed for their child to have a certain career but if the child dreams otherwise, the parents, out of unconditional love, will give up their own dream. Likewise, Suraj had a dream similar to Bhabho's but he loves Sandhya soo much  that he gave up his dream without hesitation . Also, Sandhya, among other reasons, decided to give up her dream out of love for Suraj and Bhabho. Now Bhabho, ... she might love her beendni (😲 I know, it's a shocking possibility), but she loves Suraj way more ! She knows that Suraj shared her dream, and she just does not love Sandhya enough to give up her own dreams for her (sorry BhaSan fans πŸ˜†).
 So now there are two possibilities: either Bhabho's love for Sandhya grows to a point where she accepts Sandhya's dream; or (a more likely scenario) Suraj convinces Bhabho that his dream is now the same as Sandhya's dream!

Thanks for bearing with the long post ; I look forward to your answers to the question Bhabho and I posed above. Happy Weekend! 

SamiR  I think you have found a perfect way for the CVs to show convincingly how Bhabho will eventually accept Sandhya with her dreams...  She will accept it after she gets convinced that Suraj shares the same dream as Sandhya now and for this Suraj will have to show determination, focus and will and prove that he will do anything to make Sandhya's dream come true.  He needs to show long and sustained support to Sandhya...

In the meantime,  We will continue to see Bhabho in her selfish, aggressive mode and frankly I feel her love for Sooraj is more selfish than true love.  She has expectations from her love for Sooraj it is not unconditional like Sooraj and Sandhya have for each other.  Sooraj has also shown unconditional love for his mother so far and now that he is showing the same kind of unconditional love for Sandhya... Bhabho cannot accept it as her love has its limitation.

SamiR you have brilliantly summarised the how the theme and story of DABH will all come together eventually...
SAMIR...good post..πŸ‘...u stated everybody 's dream clearly...and u rised good question...πŸ‘...wt i think to ans ur question is written by niruba...in her comment...

Bhabo only sees/likes Sandya as her 'son's wife'...she will only start supporting Sandya and her dreams whole heartedly when she starts accepting/loving Sandya as her 'own daughter...

so going with niruba...

Nice discussion thread for the weekend Samir.

Liked all the replies.

In my opinion, dream is something which is out of ordinary from the normal life of individuals like Sandhya's IPS dream.  So, I don't consider Bhabho's wish for her son to have a successful married life as a true dream (again, it is just my opinion). 

"Budhi aankhon ke berangeen sapne"  - where were they when Bhabho got Vikram married first when the elder brother is still unmarried?? Did the society accept it without mocking?  It should have been against her sanskar, maan, sammaan, everything then also but she accepted it because it was for her son.  Similarly, she agreed for Chavvi's marriage and even sent her to attend her in-laws function against her beliefs because she is her daughter.  Sorry for going out of topic but Bhabho may be good at heart with good intention of protecting her son's future but still she does not consider Sandhya or her daughter-in-law as one of her family member, she is an outsider who is supposed to be hardworking and need to be tamed like Suraj for the unity and well-being of the family.  She would not care even if the other siblings would humiliate Suraj to any extent.

Bhabho is certainly not going to accept or compromise.  This is going to be neverending.  Given the spoiler, she has compelled Suraj to follow his siblings, that is hide things from Bhabho and continue doing things that benefits them.

Edited by b2011 - 11 years ago
Don't you know we have a good number of AK-47, missiles stored,
aur haan a dhishkaaon Amlu too!πŸ˜†
Okies...I'll pay for that one but you have to pay for this - Serendipity! πŸ˜ƒ

Ab soch lo!

I dream, you dream, we all dream for ice cream...

Nice thread Samir