Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

What Perspective do you bring- Profession?

CanadianAddict Goldie
CanadianAddict
CanadianAddict

Joined: 05 July 2006
Posts: 2103

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
Hey guys.

I saw this thread in another forum, but I found it interesting.  Especially on this forum, which we debate about certain issues, what perspective do you bring? What do you do professionally, what have you studied which moulds your form of thought?

Myself...
BA (sociology)
MA (interdisciplinary medicine)
phD (sociology and health- currently pursuing...)

So I guess my profession is a phD candidate.  I also consider myself a feminist, anti-racist, leaning towards socialism.  My interests revolve around medical sociology and the production of medical knowledge/culture of medicine. 


Edited by CanadianAddict - 09 November 2012 at 6:39pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Joined: 16 May 2012
Posts: 13813

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
I have yet to start college, so what do I know? LOL

I just have completed +2(12th standard) in science stream. Will start college next year. Thinking of taking Computer Science because I am a tech-aholic. Generally a liberal guy, and an atheist. 


Edited by Freethinker112 - 09 November 2012 at 8:19pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CanadianAddictBeyond_the_Veilepiphany.

epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion
Joined: 01 July 2010
Posts: 20477

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged
I'm in class ten and what we're taught in tenth standard at school hardly molds our study pattern, let alone our perspectives. I will be pursuing Humanities stream in +1 and +2 and wish to do my bachelors in journalism. I'm an atheist and I tend to be rather altruistic at times. I'm also a caustic realist. So, that's my thought process for you which I don't at all owe to what I am studying. 

 
SheVi4life IF-Dazzler
SheVi4life
SheVi4life

Joined: 07 July 2009
Posts: 2928

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
:interesting topic :)

I am currently working on my bachelors in Accounting. People think accountants are boring, but it's just a myth. I come from a family of crazy accountants :P 

CanadianAddict Goldie
CanadianAddict
CanadianAddict

Joined: 05 July 2006
Posts: 2103

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Savage

I'm in class ten and what we're taught in tenth standard at school hardly molds our study pattern, let alone our perspectives. I will be pursuing Humanities stream in +1 and +2 and wish to do my bachelors in journalism. I'm an atheist and I tend to be rather altruistic at times. I'm also a caustic realist. So, that's my thought process for you which I don't at all owe to what I am studying. 

 

I just put education as an example, but I think post high school university can play a part in a socializing experience.  But very interesting, you seem to know yourself at such a young age.
CanadianAddict Goldie
CanadianAddict
CanadianAddict

Joined: 05 July 2006
Posts: 2103

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

I have yet to start college, so what do I know? LOL

I just have completed +2(12th standard) in science stream. Will start college next year. Thinking of taking Computer Science because I am a tech-aholic. Generally a liberal guy, and an atheist. 

Awesome! I could never catch on to technology :(
CanadianAddict Goldie
CanadianAddict
CanadianAddict

Joined: 05 July 2006
Posts: 2103

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SheVi4life

:interesting topic :)

I am currently working on my bachelors in Accounting. People think accountants are boring, but it's just a myth. I come from a family of crazy accountants :P 


I know some really fun accountants, a CA I know was so much fun to be around.  Could clear a buffet by himself.


Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Joined: 16 May 2012
Posts: 13813

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CanadianAddict

Awesome! I could never catch on to technology :(

I am addicted to it since I was 10. That was when I got my first computer.

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Medicine-Noble profession or Money Making Business

2

Author: DJ..   Replies: 12   Views: 1514

DJ.. 12 1514 08 December 2011 at 11:09pm by zorrro
Passion or Profession?

2 3 4 5 6

Author: RiddhiB   Replies: 40   Views: 2816

RiddhiB 40 2816 19 February 2011 at 4:30pm by qwertyesque
Most overpaid/underpaid profession?

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37

Author: Mockingjay1   Replies: 291   Views: 11176

Mockingjay1 291 11176 23 August 2010 at 2:17pm by blue-ice
Most overrated / underrated profession is?

2 3 4 5

Author: raj5000   Replies: 39   Views: 4126

raj5000 39 4126 12 July 2009 at 9:39am by U-No-Poo
Mistakes in Medical Profession

2 3 4

Author: raj5000   Replies: 31   Views: 1535

raj5000 31 1535 21 December 2007 at 6:41pm by ~globetrotter~

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index