Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deepika Padukone Completes 5 years in the industry

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Happy anniversary to Deepika padukone for completing 5 years in the industry

She made her Hindi film debut in Om Shanti Om, 2007 for which she earned the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award. It remains her biggest commercial success. She subsequently appeared in Love Aaj Kal (2009) and Housefull (2010). While the former earned her a Filmfare nomination in the Best Actress category, the latter emerged as a commercial success.[3] Soon after, Padukone featured in Homi Adajania's commercially successful dramedy, Cocktail (2012) and earned unanimous critical appreciation for her performance.[4][5]

In addition to acting, Padukone is also the ambassador of prominent brands such as Tissot, Sony Cybershot, Yamaha,[6] Nescafe and Kingfisher Airlines.[7]

Early modeling career, until 2006

While in college, Padukone pursued a career in modeling.[15] She was spotted in a ramp competition in NLS, Bangalore.[citation needed] Over the years, she has modeled for such Indian brands as Liril, Dabur Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste and Limca, and has been "brand ambassador" for the Jewels of India retail jewelry show.[16] The cosmetics company Maybelline made her its international spokesperson.[17]

At the fifth annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards she was awarded the title "Model of the Year".[18] Shortly afterward, she was chosen as one of the models for the Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar for 2006 and won two trophies at the Idea Zee Fashion Awards: "Female Model of the Year (Commercial Assignments)" and "Fresh Face of the Year".[19][20] Padukone was also chosen as the brand ambassador of Levi Strauss.[21] In addition, she appeared in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya's song "Naam Hai Tera".

Movies she has done over the years

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

viewobsSudhaSangeetIHeartDeepika.bambogliyou2preity*zintaSanju__Sano_-SalShah4eva-

Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
Congrats to Deepika and her fans!! DP, Ranbir and Sonam have the same anniversary! 

for old Saawariya-OSO rivalry sake... 

WE GOT SONAM TRENDING WORLDWIDE!!! LOL

Anyways I hope the 3 of them do movies together in the future! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

you2Terenaina

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
All of them have same ani because they debuted on the same year. I liked how on KWK episode sonam said it's our anniversaryLOL
Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Terenaina

All of them have same ani because they debuted on the same year. I liked how on KWK episode sonam said it's our anniversaryLOL

yeah it's cute! people wished both of them together on twitter! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Terenaina

IAmAHunter Senior Member
IAmAHunter
IAmAHunter

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
I love her Smile...one of the best smiles !!

but as actress...I kinda had no hope for her...even though she did suit her role in love aaj kal...but then I saw cocktail and realized she has turned into a very fine actress...

She actually can play a character now...with out playing herself life before!!!

Padukone Legacy shall continue I guess.. albeit in a different field !

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

viewobsTerenaina-SalShah4eva-

.Anamika. IF-Dazzler
.Anamika.
.Anamika.

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
She seems to be lucky for Saif and vice versa. I don't remember him having great chemistry with an actress except for Preity Zinta. Even with Kareena, it sucks.

Deepika looked her best in Om Shanti Om! Every time that movie comes on tv, I always wait for the Ajab si song. She looks so pretty and innocent in that! But now innocent is a word that can hardly be associated with her.

saruu.bambogli

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Deepika has improved a lot compared to Sonam as an actress. Not that she was awful in OSO either, in fact she was the major USP of that flick

I agree with Anamika, she looks good with Saif and I haven't seen Saif having good chemistry with anybody other than Preity on screen

.Anamika.Terenaina

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
I love Saif-Deepika pairing. I always saw positives of deepika but when it came to her personal life with ranbir, it all went down hill for me. I didn't like the choices she made with her personal life but I love the choices she made with her movies and modeling days

Go to top