Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Celebrating 5 years of Saawariya & Sonabir! (Page 8)

pluviophile. IF-Sizzlerz
pluviophile.
pluviophile.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Oh How i loved these two in the movie <3

Thank you for rekindling the memories!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krushers-Swetha-

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Priya_SD

Cannot say that I loved the movie but I definitely loved Ranbir and Sonam together! Out of all the actresses he's worked with, he looked the best/had the best chemistry with her... I hope that they work together soon because they look simply beautiful together, though it seems unlikely Unhappy
I agree

The other only actress i liked him with was Minissha in BAH

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

-Swetha- IF-Addictz
-Swetha-
-Swetha-

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
I loved RK & Sonam in this movie.. Embarrassed

Hope.. they work together in some other movie in future.. ! Day Dreaming
TINA! IF-Rockerz
TINA!
TINA!

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
wow it's been 5 years! i remember how much i was waiting for this movie back then Smile
Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
love that so many people have such great memories with this movie!! 

I found this REALLY CUTE interview of Sonabir before Saawariya released! enjoy! 

BBC Presenters Raj & Pablo caught up with the most awaited newcomers, Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor, in an exclusive radio interview. Excerpts:

You guys must be very excited. How are you feeling at the moment? Sonam, let's start with you.

Sonam: I'm feeling too many emotions right now. I'm completely exhilarated actually. I don't know, I'm in a state of extreme emotion…I'm in an emotional roller coaster right now!

It's a big thing you know to have Sanjay Leela Bhansali making your first movie. We've seen the trailers, they look great.

Sonam:
 Thank you!

And the music sounds wonderful. Are you feeling like the expectations are too high?

Sonam:
 The thing is it's an SLB film so the people, the audiences, are obviously expecting amazing stuff from it. And already Monty's music is so appreciated everywhere, so we're very happy about it. The pressure is there, but at the same time it's good to survive under pressure. Always take a negative and turn it into a positive.

When we spoke to your dad, a couple of times, he's so proud, and nervous as well. What advice did he give you?

Sonam:
 Basically, my father is somebody who believes in a lot of hard work. And he says work very hard, be very honest, do not step on anybody's toes, and do the best that you can do. And as long as you're honest and work hard, you just go ahead in life. 

Did he ever warn you like "You want to become an actress? I don't think that's a very good idea, it's not very easy..." ?

Sonam:
 The thing is he always says nothing in life is easy. I mean everything is a challenge, I mean any profession you go into whether it's being an RJ or an actor, as long as you work hard... and my father's been an actor all his life so how can he deny his daughter that!

True! Very true! Some people still consider him to be hero material. 

Sonam:
 He is!

Yeah, Tashan is coming out. Does that not feel strange for you?

Sonam:
 No it doesn't. It does not! I think we're two different individuals with our two different career paths. We have to go our own way. I mean obviously people will always see me as his daughter, but we play characters in movies, we don't play ourselves! 

Did you both [Ranbir & Sonam] know each other before hand?

Ranbir:
 Me and Sonam have been dear family friends since we were in our growing years. We never met each other that often but you know at birthday parties and family gatherings and stuff of that sort, we used to hang out. 

Sonam, what was your reaction when you knew your first film was going to be with Ranbir?

Sonam:
 I was really happy that he was my co-star because we've known each other since we were kids. And you know when you're with somebody who you've known since you were kids, you can be the way you want to and you know there isn't going to be any judgement. And to be an actor you need to let go of all inhibitions and if you're comfortable with someone and don't have any inhibitions, it's just easier for the other person to perform.

You know when you were kids, did you guys have any arguments, and are there any stories of your childhood?

Did you [Sonam] think he was ugly, handsome, naughty? And Ranbir, same question for you as well.

Sonam:
 Ranbir has always been this stud. All the girls always wanted him! He's always been one of those guys who girls always run after, and stuff like that. He's a few years older then me but we've been, I guess we hung out like a couple of times and we were always on a very friendly note. He likes to pull my leg a lot. But...And I like correcting everything he does, a lot! But that's about it. It's just the usual relationship that we've had, we've always had.

What about you Ranbir? What was it like growing up with Sonam? She's described you as someone who was always hero material. Did you ever have this kind of elderly brother thing, like if any guys were hitting on her or anything like that?

Ranbir:
 No I don't think it was anything brotherly.

Ooh!

Ranbir:
 Sonam has always been this incredibly beautiful girl, and the best thing about Sonam is she's so good at heart. There's so much of goodness in her, there is no negativity. Whatever she says, it's from the heart. And she's always been like that. It's not that oh she's become an actress so she's changed or she's going to change. I know she'll always be this way. She's really grounded and there's no attitude or ego hassles. Everything is black or white, there's no middle, and that's the best thing with Sonam that she has retained since childhood.

So are you protective over each other?

Ranbir:
 Absolutely. I'm extremely protective about her. I don't like anyone saying anything bad about her or talking to her rudely. I do have this sense of over protective, I don't know if it's brotherly, but I would say...

Ooh this is the interesting part, whether it's brotherly or not!

Ranbir:
 It's definitely not brotherly

Ooh! Has there ever been a kind of romantic link up between the two of you?

Ranbir:
 Yeah we did get linked up when we were assisting Mr Bhansali on Black. But it never let things get awkward between us 'coz we've gone beyond that and we don't let what people say about us affect us. We're such great friends there is complete and deep understanding between each other. I think that helps.

Let me put you on the spot! Who's better looking: Deepika or Sonam? 

Ranbir:
 Sonam

Who's the better actress?

Ranbir:
 Sonam, I don't know how Deepika acts!

Have you and Sonam ever been out on a date?

Ranbir:
 Not yet

Could it be on the cards? 

Ranbir:
 Could be

Go on! Ask her now! No one is listening... Just joking!

Ranbir:
 I was actually going to...

Oh yes! Go on then, go on!

Ranbir:
 Sonam will you go out for dinner with me? Day Dreaming LOL

Sonam: When?

Ranbir: After the interview

Sonam: Um okay maybe!

Sonam, Go on! I think you guys make a great couple...

Sonam:
 OK Fine! As long as you take me to eat some meat tomorrow 'coz I'm doing navratri and I really miss meat 

So you're doing Navratri? [Sonam: Yes!] and Daandiya as well?

Sonam:
 Unfortunately in Mumbai we have this restriction that we have to stop playing by 11pm. 

How come? Why's that??

Sonam:
 Because it's outside and there's too much noise! And the elderly people, senior citizens and all that, don't like the noise level, the sound pollution, and because of that and as I finish work at around 10 or 1030ish, I have no chance of going and dancing and playing daandiya.

Oh no that's boring!

Sonam:
 I know, isn't it horrible?

It's terrible

So, Sonam are and Ranbir coming to the UK to promote the film?

Sonam:
 Yes! We're going to come there first week of November. I'm dying to come, I love London! 

Well we're going to get you into the studio and when we do, you're going to tell us about your date that Ranbir is taking you on tomorrow. And Ranbir, remember it's a non-vege date, OK?

Ranbir:
 Absolutely.

sonam-kapoor.net

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krushers

Go to top