Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Celebrating 5 years of Saawariya & Sonabir! (Page 3)

Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:32pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pirated_Fun

Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Sonam and Ranbir practicing before Saawariya! Sonam is still chubby here! they always say that they went to SLB school of acting for 2 years where they rehearsed every type of role! 

this is the first time I've seen this pic! I thought I've seen everything Sonabir related! 

Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 09 November 2012 at 8:42pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

coolfirePirated_Funyou2

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
It is after  years that we find an actress with such a beautiful face..and a pity that we dont see it often enough on screen..

She seemed to be not interested at all..and would loudly proclaim to all-I have 15 scripts lying around,which I dont want to read..I want to travel..I want a life..etc etc

cricketfan1

Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by you2

It is after  years that we find an actress with such a beautiful face..and a pity that we dont see it often enough on screen..

She seemed to be not interested at all..and would loudly proclaim to all-I have 15 scripts lying around,which I dont want to read..I want to travel..I want a life..etc etc

Sonam has a classic face but who these days makes classic movies? ... all of them are masala films copied from the South (those go the Sonakshi) or roles that require skin show (for Deepika)! 

Saawariya, Delhi 6, Mausam may have not worked out but they weren't bad movies... all had their flaws but I rather watch that than hit mindless films! Sonam does need to work harder and I think she is for Raanjhnaa... let's see! 

I think Sonam would be perfect for a Sooraj Barjatya movie too... but I don't even know if she would be considered because she's not a hit actress! 

Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 09 November 2012 at 8:51pm

Pirated_Fun

Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
quick facts about Sonabir from 2007! 

Name: Sonam Kapoor

Birthday: June, 9th,1985
Sun Sign: Gemini
Parents: Sunita and Anil Kapoor
Debut Film: Saawariya
Favorite Movie: Devdas
Favorite Actor: AnilKapoor
Favorite Actress: Rani Mukherjee
School: AryaVidyaMandhir, Mumbai 
College: United World College Of East Asia (Majored in Theatre Arts and Chinese History)
Hobbies: Reading, shopping, writing, playing squash and basketball, video games and painting.

Though belonging to a family where an interest in cinema would not have been shocking for the youngster, Sonam grew up in a particularly "normal and disciplined" environment. Sonam, a trained classical Indian and Latino dancer, completed her high school years at the United World College Of East Asia in Singapore, where she studied Theatre Arts and Chinese History.

Today, at the young age of just 22 Anil Kapoor's daughter has formed an identity of her own. Her down-to-earth and genuine personality has won her many fans across the globe, even before her debut film has hit the theatres. And what's most beautiful is that even today she is prioritising her life beautifully and is continuing with her education via correspondence majoring in Economics and Political Science at Bombay University, making her parents even more proud. Expectations are sky high and there is no doubt that this girl is here to rock!

http://www.starscreenawards.in/article/sotr.aspx?flag=5& bid=2008/January/News_20080102_23  

~*Video Mixes*~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-KOI6ieeP8   -by becky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD_atR035jA   -by aditi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCk-oNR8q7w&feature=relat ed -- by bluebreeze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3ubHo-udM&feature=relat ed -- by bluebreeze

more will be added soon

Full Name: Ranbir Rishi Kapoor
Parents: Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor 
Birth Date: 28 September 1982
Sun : Libra
School: Bombay Scottish
College: Le Strasberg Institute
Debut Film: Saawariya
Favorite Sports: Cricket, Soccer and Chess
Favorite Actor: Rishi Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna
Favorite Actress: Kajol
Favorite Movie: Shree 420, Life is Beautiful, Devdas
Book: 'Songs My Mother Taught Me' by Marlon Brando. 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini.
Cuisine: Italian, Chinese and Mom's cooking.

The charismatic Ranbir Kapoor born on September 28, 1982 belongs to the fourth generation of the prestigious 'Kapoor Family' which is reckoned as the first family of Bollywood Film Industry. Great grandson of the bollywood pioneer Prithviraj Kapoor and grandson of legendry Raj Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor is the son of actor Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor (Neetu Singh). Hailing from such a prestigious clan Ranbir is a born talent and a promising actor.

Interesting Facts about Ranbir Kapoor
 Never leaves home without his cell phone 
 Has his mom on the speed dial 
 Continues to take Rs 1,500 per week pocket money from Mom 
 Cries often but not ashamed to admit 

more pics... 

person on tumblr you have the coolest Sonabir gif's! 

jaan e jaan is dil main tum tum hi samaye ho

tum mere ho, bas mere ho, mere hi ho 

dil na dukhaaoge, ab dur jaayoge na 

tumhein kasam ki hai kasam jaan-e-jaan e-jaan

Their First Appearance (not counting VOI)

Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 09 November 2012 at 9:34pm
Sanju_ IF-Stunnerz
Sanju_
Sanju_

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Sonam is amazingly beautiful...and Ranbir and she made/makes an amazing couple...would be awesome if they work together again...well, I watched Saawariya when it released and I remember almost nothing of that movie except the characters...I think if the setting wasn't so dark and depressing, the movie could have done really well!!

P.S. a few months ago I watched Salman scenes from Sawaariya which also had Sonam and I quite liked their chemistry there

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

coolfirePirated_Fun

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
I don't like this movie, but I always thought Sonam and Ranbir looked smashing together. ...Ranbir's best chemistry is by far with Sonam. A part of me still hope they resolves their differences so we can see another film of theirs together.

I remember having a girl crush on Sonam when I saw her during those days...because she's so damn BEAUTIFUL...quite easily the most beautiful in today's time IMHO. It dies when she opens her mouth though. LOL

I saw improvement in Sonam in Mausam...even Delhi 6 wasn't that bad...IHLS and Thank You were utter disasters acting wise though...she has a very classic, Indian princess face and isn't really sexy because of which she doesn't fit in with the kind of films made today. Otherwise not being a great actor doesn't mean much in BW, especially for the women. That being said, he true love is definitely fashion and modelling..she should switch over to that.

Edited by chocolover89 - 09 November 2012 at 9:44pm

Binge

Binge IF-Rockerz
Binge
Binge

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Yeah I agree. The movie was a dud.. SLB's worst perhaps but those days, when Sonam and Deepika were pitted against each other, I'd personally liked Sonam more. She wasn't bad in Saawariya.  And Ranbir-Sonam made such a good pair! Sad that noone thought of casting them together again. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pirated_Funbambogli

Go to top