IF-Sizzlerz

SwerveBae

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 3:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by paposhon

Originally posted by UMDU

Originally posted by Superman.

UMDU  - can  i ask you personal question

kaheen tum khudh Bhabho tou nahin ho naa...i mean the one who is playing role bhabho Wink

beacuse evrytime literally every time ure defending this rascal woman

she just got good and correct answers.
Thank you Samah beta for your prompt defense. God bless you.

oh Surajsa - autograph plss

say what you want to me, but have respect for UMDU aunty. 

Edited by Superman. - 10 November 2012 at 3:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shehjarUMDU

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "UNCIVILISED BHABHO:VB Note pg3 (Page 2)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cooldudette

cooldudette

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 3:38am | IP Logged

I am extremely sorry but I beg to differ from you. I agree Bhabo is not an epitome of virtues but to condemn her like this is unacceptable to me and since you have opened a thread  we can agree to disagree.1.  Bhabo is not from a urban educated background like you and me. You cannot expect her to have liberal thoughts like you. That comes with education and neighbourhood inflences and both are regressive in Bhabo's case.

2. What Suraj is asking for is the moon in Hanuman gali terms. Had it been a doctor or engineer even Bhabasa admitted she would have agreed ,but you are asking for IPS. A profession in which her son either has to break away from the family and live with his wife  as she will be posted in different districts or contend a life of separation for long periods. She has seen her son sacrifice everything for the family. She wants him to have a happy married life where his wife will be with him always. That is not possible in IPS
6. Bhabo knows Suraj has not understood the full implications of IPS and that is why she is stopping himI meant no offense. It is just a point of view.Big smile

I don't think Bhabo understands the "full implications of IPS" as you put it.

Okay, consider bhabho was not a hypocrite and she knows the "full implications of IPS", then she can tell sandhya, dont become IPS, study further, become teacher or go for some other job that you will be near us also and safe at the same time and take care of ur husband
but she never said anything like that bcoz she doesnt want sandhya to be educated, in fact if she can take away all that sandhya has studied till now, that would be ideal

bhabo is sucha big hypocrite she doesnt like sandhya to read even a novel or newspaper when she is bored...that is really the limit of a small minded person

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LovePrajaladyterpRaadhni

Deepika_bigfan

Deepika_bigfan

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 3:44am | IP Logged
No doubt that Bhabho's character is negative when you see from a "liberal" view point - it is not a secret that from day one Rathis are shown as conservative family.
As UMDU suggested, one needs to look at the scene from Bhabho;s perspective.

Yes, once can be unhappy to see her actions, but one has to accept that whatever she is doing, she believes it is right from her values and good for her family. That's all its got to do with it.
It isn't as if she is framing or setting-up some one. That is Meenudi's game or even Chavi's.

Now the debate is whether her values are correct from your stand point? - well that's reason for this serial - to inspire a debate and introspection. 

Let me confess that I am also a conservative person - I would always put family ahead of professional pursuit - but if this serial inspires me to introspect (whether I actually change or not), then it is a job well done by Sumeet-Mittal.

Sorry for all the banter, but my point is - please dont take Bhabho emotionally - she is like a necessary evil -  a pinch of salt is all you need to take her with!!

preeti73UMDUSwerveBae

anu rulz

IF-Rockerz

anu rulz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 3:44am | IP Logged

kaheen tum khudh Bhabho tou nahin ho naa...i mean the one who is playing role bhabho Wink

that was kinds rude..she is making good, valid points regarding sumthn she believes in..and in the beginning of the post, she said we can all agree to disagree..so instead of doing tht, why would u jump to make comments like this??even i happen to agree wid UMDU..tht dsnt make me the actor playing the role or any dominating mother-in-law myself...the way the topic maker was polite and putting forward his/her viewpoint, so are we...and its not tht bhabho is a murderer or a conniving thief or tht she dsnt have her good points..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73shehjarUMDUSwerveBae

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 4:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cooldudette

I am extremely sorry but I beg to differ from you. I agree Bhabo is not an epitome of virtues but to condemn her like this is unacceptable to me and since you have opened a thread  we can agree to disagree.1.  Bhabo is not from a urban educated background like you and me. You cannot expect her to have liberal thoughts like you. That comes with education and neighbourhood inflences and both are regressive in Bhabo's case.

2. What Suraj is asking for is the moon in Hanuman gali terms. Had it been a doctor or engineer even Bhabasa admitted she would have agreed ,but you are asking for IPS. A profession in which her son either has to break away from the family and live with his wife  as she will be posted in different districts or contend a life of separation for long periods. She has seen her son sacrifice everything for the family. She wants him to have a happy married life where his wife will be with him always. That is not possible in IPS
6. Bhabo knows Suraj has not understood the full implications of IPS and that is why she is stopping himI meant no offense. It is just a point of view.Big smile

I don't think Bhabo understands the "full implications of IPS" as you put it.

Okay, consider bhabho was not a hypocrite and she knows the "full implications of IPS", then she can tell sandhya, dont become IPS, study further, become teacher or go for some other job that you will be near us also and safe at the same time and take care of ur husband
but she never said anything like that bcoz she doesnt want sandhya to be educated, in fact if she can take away all that sandhya has studied till now, that would be ideal

bhabo is sucha big hypocrite she doesnt like sandhya to read even a novel or newspaper when she is bored...that is really the limit of a small minded person
I think you may not have seen the episode where she cries looking at her son from the window  and thinks of the implication of IPS and later Bhabasa says she will agree if it is doctor or engineer not IPS. With all due respects  I am not saying she is an epitome of virtue for a second. You have to understand Bhabo in her milieu not from urban educated background. Hanuman Galli will have several Bhabos she is not the only one.  Sandhya has expressed her dream to Suraj and Suraj has talked to Bhabo. When Bhabasa talked to Suraj, Suraj continued with his demand for IPS and refused to consider other professions. Sandhya is also interested in that only. Her asking her not to read the newspaper was during those days when Sandhya's education had been revealed and she felt cheated as she did not want an educated beendani. I consider Sandhya's brother to be a bigger culprit as he not only destroyed Sandhya's life but also cheated the Rathi family into getting an educated beendani which they did not want.

Do not forget at the end of the day we are all hypocrites. On one hand we talk against racism and on the other hand  take out any Indian newspaper and you will find 100s of ads asking for a fair tall beautiful girl in matrimonial columns in  India. Are we not hypocritical  than? Nobody wants a dark girl as a  wife but will give lectures against apartheid. I am not defending Bhabo. I am only asking you to understand her character according to the circumstances in which she lives.

Edited by UMDU - 10 November 2012 at 4:24am

preeti73anu rulzXarina

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

that was kinds rude..she is making good, valid points regarding sumthn she believes in..and in the beginning of the post, she said we can all agree to disagree..so instead of doing tht, why would u jump to make comments like this??even i happen to agree wid UMDU..tht dsnt make me the actor playing the role or any dominating mother-in-law myself...the way the topic maker was polite and putting forward his/her viewpoint, so are we...and its not tht bhabho is a murderer or a conniving thief or tht she dsnt have her good points..
Thank you so much for your support. 

ladyterp

ladyterp

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by skavuri

No doubt that Bhabho's character is negative when you see from a "liberal" view point - it is not a secret that from day one Rathis are shown as conservative family.
As UMDU suggested, one needs to look at the scene from Bhabho;s perspective.

Yes, once can be unhappy to see her actions, but one has to accept that whatever she is doing, she believes it is right from her values and good for her family. That's all its got to do with it.
It isn't as if she is framing or setting-up some one. That is Meenudi's game or even Chavi's.

Now the debate is whether her values are correct from your stand point? - well that's reason for this serial - to inspire a debate and introspection. 

Let me confess that I am also a conservative person - I would always put family ahead of professional pursuit - but if this serial inspires me to introspect (whether I actually change or not), then it is a job well done by Sumeet-Mittal.

Sorry for all the banter, but my point is - please dont take Bhabho emotionally - she is like a necessary evil -  a pinch of salt is all you need to take her with!!

Giving preference to family over career is not being conservative, I don't think.  That is a conscious decision you took so your family needs are met.  If you hold rigid values because you are bound to and believe in certain values (either religion or some other bias/racism) that makes you conservative.  I work, I am a liberal to the core, but I gave up promotions at work so I can be there for my kids sports events etc.  That is a kind of choice we all make at some time or the other.  Because there are needs other than satisfying your own interests when you make a commitment to getting married and having kids.  We know Sandhya didn't enter into that commitment on her own but kind of stuck...if she wants to pursue her education/career and her husband is willing to be supportive, by all means your answer is yes - you are not a conservative !!

preeti73UMDUanu rulz

Priya_990

Goldie

Priya_990

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
@UMDU ji
i completely agree with you.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

UMDU

Post Reply New Post

Go to top