India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

If it is indeed a break and NOT a clean break

et_tu_achu Groupbie
et_tu_achu
et_tu_achu

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Lets keep aside all those theories about the PH's disinterest/ machinations for just a moment. I heard Barun's interview, and as observed by some other members he sounded exhausted and frazzled rather than devastated. At least thats how it sounded to me. So I am willing to take what he says at face value and accept the fact that the guy is plain fatigued and maybe just a little bit bored and wants some personal time. If that is truly the case and it is indeed just a break and not a clean break that he seeks, then I dont see the point in sabotaging our own show. With some imagination, a track that accounts for his absence could easily be managed with the focus diverted to parallel tracks such as Anjali's romance or NK's romance or Khushi bonding with Aarav (I am guessing he is going to be adopted by Arnav-Khushi). Barun could return when he is ready. If the show doesnt work in his absence, it would probably be pulled off air. If that is the case, he could be called back for a few weeks and that would suffice to give the show the dignified end it deserves. 

What I am trying to say is that when writing all those mails to SP let us not presuppose Barun's motives are different from those he's shared with us. Let the emphasis be on keeping out  a track that involves Khushi being paired opposite a different character or another guy playing ASR. If the show can explore other parallel tracks while Barun takes his break, I am all for keeping the show on air. Hopefully, he will return rejuvenated at the end of his break and that will translate into more intense Arnav-Khushi magic onscreen.

Also, we need to understand that the idea of a second season while appealing, may not be practical considering the fact that most shows that have executed this format have not really had a break between the first and second season and have thus managed to retain their audience, or have been on channels with a much less impressive line up where the shows in question were not just popular but were also the leaders TRP wise. I may be wrong about this. If IPK goes off air for two months, SP is going to offer the coveted 8 pm slot to some other show and it is a bit much to expect that they will actually pull off air any of their long-standing shows or fledgling shows to accomodate IPK's experiment with a new season. Sure, its not utterly impossible but I still think its unlikely. The only show (that I know of ) which shall return with a second season after a gap of three months is able to do so because it was initially cancelled to accomodate a reality show and said reality show is time bound and hence a slot would be available at the end of three months. 

So I feel that our best bet of seeing Sarun together onscreen is for IPK to continue during Barun's break, provided no new romantic interest for Khushi is introduced. We should impress upon SP that we dont want (a) anyone but Barun as ASR, and (b) Khushi romantically involved with anyone other than ASR.

This is of course my view. Feel free to disagree.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Amethystsami99persadiantaklima_najAyaat1216JOSH1norolimmolten_lava

norolim Goldie
norolim
norolim

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
I am in complete agreement.

The two underlined things are pretty much the only things this Forum Will not digest. At any cost.

Thank you for this post Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

et_tu_achuAmethysttaklima_naj

Amethyst Groupbie
Amethyst
Amethyst

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
I also agree with what you say provided it is a genuine break. 

It would have been better in such circumstances if the characters of Akash and Payal and been continued, their storyline could have been explored further. 

There is also Angali and Nk and future loves for them. 

I would love to see Aarav stay, Khushi would be a wonderful mother figure for him and it would be great to see that story develop. 

Also they could delve into Khushis past...that could be made really interesting.  Please dont forget the Guptas too and Shashi has to get better.

Above all this then the main thing would be Arnav returning.

I would love to see IPKKND continue for all the other cast members too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

et_tu_achutaklima_naj

et_tu_achu Groupbie
et_tu_achu
et_tu_achu

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amethyst

I also agree with what you say provided it is a genuine break. 

It would have been better in such circumstances if the characters of Akash and Payal and been continued, their storyline could have been explored further. 

There is also Angali and Nk and future loves for them. 

I would love to see Aarav stay, Khushi would be a wonderful mother figure for him and it would be great to see that story develop. 

Also they could delve into Khushis past...that could be made really interesting.  Please dont forget the Guptas too and Shashi has to get better.

Above all this then the main thing would be Arnav returning.

I would love to see IPKKND continue for all the other cast members too.
Exactly. While Arnav-Khushi are the main selling point of the show, credible parallel tracks need to be developed. This would serve to up the drama element of the show, and ease the work schedule for the leads who are clearly over-worked. If parallel tracks havent worked in the past, its because they were pretty ridiculous, not because we refuse to have anyone other than Barun and Sanaya onscreen. Akash and Payal had so much potential and yet Bubbly was the high point of their story :( The resistance to Anjali and Shyam's romance was not because we resented Daljeet or Abhaas but because it was pretty redundant to show Shyam's smarmy attempts to charm and manipulate Anjali when it was established long ago that she was completely under his thumb. It was simply superfluous. But if parallel tracks were executed with a little more thought they could work very well for the show. At the moment, I am open to seeing any track that doesnt involve Barun being replaced or Khushi falling for another guy. The show doesnt necessarily have to end at this point.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Amethyst

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top