Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: lilmzsunshine

That's harsh - every actor has a right to decide if they want to be central, or a supporting, character in any show.  If she's candid enough to tell us she was told she'd be the soul of the show, then more power to her.  

We may agree, or disagree, with her.  I don't think she's the soul  of the show, but she does pose, or has posed, as a very important character.  Be it negative, or positive.    

She's also very closely attached to Arnav, and has dictated many of his initial, and some recent, decisions.     

So, if any actor feels they're losing the limelight, and decide it's still okay - that's their prerogative.  If they don't, that's also their prerogative.  

I'm a manager in a software consulting firm - while career is not my goal, and my job is a means to an end for me, if I feel my is not what I want to it to be, or what I had assumed it would when I had begun my employment, I may speak out about it or decide to quit.   That actually happened to me a few years ago.   And when a person says they want to quit, but are valued, the management comes back and offers alternatives.   In my case, we decided to try one of the alternatives to see if it would work.    I think that's what they did with Daljeet too.

If a person is looking to see that their job satisfies them, there's nothing wrong with it.   If the job in question happens to be acting, it's their prerogative to ask for whatever they want.

It's harsh to judge them based on what they said they want.

Also, she's being candid enough to speak her mind.  We should, minimally, respect that.  Isn't that what we're doing here?  Speaking our minds?  Then why criticise someone else for doing it.  You can disagree with her - I don't think she's the soul either - but there are respectful ways of doing it.   

In my opinion, she doesn't even have to know that I disagree with her. If she cares about my opinion, it'll just hurt her.  If she doesn't, I'll be wasting my time.  So why bother.

Let her be.

Sorry, my two cents ended up being more like 200 cents :).  But I just felt the topic was a bit harsh, even though I agree with the fact that she isn't the soul of the show.  Remember, she's saying that's what she was told, not that she IS the soul.    

It can't always be about ArHi - too much pressure, and that's why they need breaks then.

-S 

Im glad there are voices of sanity still prevailing in this forum.

While you, me, the TM and most of the forum agrees that she will never be the 'soul of the show' it's harsh to mock her for her career ideals and decisions.

It's her prerogative to work towards being the 'soul of the show'. She might not make it but from her point of view she's not doing anything wrong by trying!
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
this woman is delusional..no wonder she was chosen for anjali's role…aur kuchch kar payen ya nahi..4 lions cast the perfect people
SoShy thumbnail
Why do they make such falses promises... Soul and stuff...
SoShy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pr1yanka

this woman is delusional..no wonder she was chosen for anjali's role'aur kuchch kar payen ya nahi..4 lions cast the perfect people

I am sorry, I don't get it. Why is she delusional?

What is wrong if she wants a lead role in a TV show.

She took up IPK because she was promised a lead role in the first place. 

Everyone has aspirations, what is wrong if she aspires to play the lead in a drama? She has done that before. 
GoldenPanda. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
To be honest, the show was really boring when it revolved around her.
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: SoShy

I am sorry, I don't get it. Why is she delusional?

What is wrong if she wants a lead role in a TV show.

She took up IPK because she was promised a lead role in the first place. 

Everyone has aspirations, what is wrong if she aspires to play the lead in a drama? She has done that before. 

it is not about what she wants/aspirations…it is about understanding the false promises/judging the situation you are in…this story will never have anjali as its soul…if the viewers can see that plainly, the actor who is playing the role who has pretty little to do in each episode other than sitting on sofa and being sweet sister should be able to visualise that the "soul" stuff even if promised at the time of audition or repromised now …will never come true….she should be once bitten twice shy…but unfortunately she is not….which is why i called her delusional….much like the character anjali who refused to see the blatant truth of her hubby not being faithful right infront of her eyes but refusing to believe and i was not being offensive…this is strictly how i see it …so peace out
kushipugly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
plz don't tell me this means that when barun will go on a long leave, she will become the lead of the show, a new man coming in her life, anji becoming a CEO, driving suv🤢

she is not the soul but the SOUL SUCKER🤢😡