India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

EDITED: What Happened Exactly: The IPKKND Turmoil

berry_paws Newbie
berry_paws
berry_paws

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
EDITED: a lot of it still stands the same with minor changes!

Firstly, a warning - this is entirely my point of view. I do not have any "sources", nor do I wish to claim that. I am in no mood to fool fans, as many have been doing for the last 2 to 3 days.

Step 1: What is happening with the Storyline?
So I genuinely believe that Gul is the mastermind behind Arnav and Khushi. She has written the characters really well. And yes, I think she is no longer interested or motivated in developing those characters further. She probably feels that she has done her part in creating those beautiful characters.

Now, she is bored and wants to develop new characters, write a new story, create something new - Qubool Hai? I guess the same happened when they were transitioning from Geet to IPKKND. They were interested in developing the newbie - sought new challenges.

Step 2: Why is Barun quitting, or taking a break?
I for one, genuinely believe that he needs a break. He was extremely exhausted during the kidnap track. He found it very difficult to juggle both the show and the movie - which was clearly evident in many many interviews. Now, he feels that with working 12 hours a day and sleeping, he is not able to give enough time to his wife and his family. I mean really, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with his childhood sweetheart and he is not able to give enough time to his married life. I understand that. This is 100% confirmed after the two Radio interviews, and also by his appearance on the show!

He mentioned that he gets bored very easily. Now, if the PH is not interested in developing the show, and has lost the incentive to come up with good story, Arnav's character had become monotonous. I guess Barun was bored of the no-progress in his acting career. 

He wanted to chill and relax, and the story was not moving anywhere. He is demotivated and just wants to take a break from all of this. And he probably thinks this is a good time because he can use that break to promote his movie, and not get burdened by working on the show as well.

Basically, he wants to do a good job at what he does. So he needs a break, to revive himself. That is his personality. He wants to get things back together - Everyone needs motivation to continue working!

Step 3: Why has everyone else quit?
Akshay and Deepali have also quit because of the lack of character development. Like I said, the story writers think they have developed Arnav-Khushi's character and want to move on to other shows. This showed in sidelining of Akaash and Payal's characters. No thought was being put into the story - so these two suffered.

And understandably, they were fed up and wanted to quit.

Step 4: The future of IPKKND
I don't know how they are going to proceed with this. But I am very sure that the show will continue till Jan (or feb). The UK event may have a big impact on the show's future. The leads will realise how big the show actually is.

Honestly, I think PH have run out of ideas. The reason why they posted that ridiciousl thread on forum32 is, I think, because they genuinely ran out of ideas. They think that Arnav-Khushi have been developed - they fought, fell in love and married each other. What else can we do, other than Rabba Ve? They need a plot to continue the show...

There is no point in asking Barun to come back after the break. Arnav's character has nothing much to offer than Rabba Ve! He's changed into a flawless husband that we love - there's nothing wrong with him!

So my suggestion would be to end IPKKND now and start fresh with a new season after Barun takes his break. That way, everyone would take a break from this - and everyone would be motivated again. The creatives can develop new arnav and khushi. They would have something to work their creative minds over.

Rant Over. Thanks to those that have reached this far Smile

Edited by berry_paws - 13 November 2012 at 10:18am

The following 44 member(s) liked the above post:

kanu_nvlkhramamanmona67AddictedzzChunki71ahttbarsoreya20wishuwelvaughnsow2428loveBarunValleyArchu61jyot_pujaanamika00gatafizzyfairybssiLucifer16raosudhaAtyayAfter20at42kirthiarshiasr13mad-eyeadeeti10nomad.nesssabz105venkatasg08_BacknForth_preethi.saseedameens80avchowdhuryBornToShipArShigmsk..Divya..gmginaughtymallumolten_lava-Gan-GoGreenIlahi_mera_Jiya..Anita..Aphrodite88

RGYA Senior Member
RGYA
RGYA

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
I like your post and the points you have made. I agree regarding Barun's decision is that he needs  a break, but probably there is more to the story that led him to reach such a level of mental and physical exhaustion. I don't know how true the news about blaming Gul and that Barun refused to be part of a unacceptable track and that he was forced to leave. Perhaps there is some truth to that, which made him feel demotivated, stressed, and exhausted. 

I really want the show to end on a high note with Arnav and Kushi, and then continue with season 2 with afresh story and hopefully, and new PH. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

berry_pawssabz105BornToShipArShi

Forever19 IF-Rockerz
Forever19
Forever19

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
even i want this end the show..and sart afreash a new season..show will not be same without sarun

berry_pawssabz105ArnieBoyBarun

Addictedzz Newbie
Addictedzz
Addictedzz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
I completely agree on this. Smile

Hope they do end the show on high note and get back with Season 2Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

berry_pawssabz105

asr13 Goldie
asr13
asr13

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Valid points ...I am however open to the suggestion of IPK continuing with parallel leads and Barun take his leave and come back refreshed, charged up after a holiday !

berry_pawssabz105

-Sanjana- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sanjana-
-Sanjana-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
IPK Season 2 would BE AMAZING! I would LOVE IT!!! :) This is such a great idea!!!

berry_pawssabz105

loveBarunValley Senior Member
loveBarunValley
loveBarunValley

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Very to the point post...loved it...n yes i'd want to see a change n trend of seasons it'd be good for the actors as well as the fans too

Edited by loveBarunValley - 09 November 2012 at 1:41pm

berry_pawssabz105

pri_armaan IF-Sizzlerz
pri_armaan
pri_armaan

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
This is one very sensible and logical post! :)

i agree though i feel fr Barun going on a break, theres more to the story than what meets the eye.

but i fr one seriusly want ipk to end now with Arhi on a high note and start afresh with its sequel.

and they can do very well with seasons, becoz actors vill be excited, and they can actually take a plot revolve charactters arouund iit. Ipk vas always a journey of arhi so come up vith new season, throw challenge on arhi's life let them grow, mature as lovers, as life partners and include suporting cast in it their involvement. They can actualy show Arnav-Khushi journey of love through seasons!

berry_pawsasr13sabz105

Go to top