Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JerryTheMouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: chaitra2011

Oh drat! poor little one.. you have a very sweet daughter.. 😊 The past few days went real fast.. Gosh i had never stayed online for so long.. haha.. but it was nice.. interacting, reacting, discussing, waiting for pms. 😆

Diwali is okay Sachi.. Actually my mum had fallen sick a while ago and is recuperating.. So we wont be celebrating Diwali on a grand scale this time.. I do not play with fireworks. Light Diyas and the usual puja and all that. That's it 😊

Oh! 

Hope your mom is better soon! 

We do not play with fire crackers either, noise pollution, air pollution, and rumors of child labor! Enough to protest! 

I had plans to do Rangoli and diyas with her this weekend but she is sick so been scaling down. 

And I liked the discussing, chatting and waiting for PMs too. I feel like we connected! 😃

And that in itself is something to look forward to, isn't it? 
sanja_here thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: JerryTheMouse

Have fun cooking!

And oh, yes, we all need to push each other to get back on track. Now with all the madness dying down, I'm sure you will get your dream job!

So you are married too, and where are you located?😊

ha ha i m still here...this place is really tempting...
I m settled in Dubai...m 22 ...married for 2 years now
abracadabra thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sanja_here

i m not a proffesdional yet...ipk didnt allow me to search for a job...with whole heart..!!!now that this craze is going to vanish...my hubby says..i will get job soon... 😆 ...r u married??

😆 See even the more reason why all of them need to see Swathi's post.. You should dear.. IPK is not life  really.. I know it was a different serial and took us to wonderland and all, but having a life outside of it is important.  I'm not married yet, will be soon 😊

And do not worry, you'll be in  a job soon and rocking.. All the best for that 👍🏼
FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I too am guilty of spending time
sometimes when the caregiving goes way too much emotional for me i do come here as an outlet
my anger is directed at the waste in academic lives
In asia educational opportunities for women is a big issue and i hate to see it when it is lost on some
My domestic goddesses daughter who is barely 17 was married off I wanted to sponsor her education let her learn some job skills that could afford her a way out from her present life and move up so that her mothers life is not hers and she can help change the family circumstances and now the mother of one child and already one abortion
and she has wasted her life
When i see girls like Malala and the change they are so wonderfully trying to bring that is who the role model should be for the young ones
have a crush but dont let it crush your life
rant over
JerryTheMouse thumbnail

Oooh ok .. Into the 30's.. I love the 3 club! I'm 31... Ria sounds adorable. 😳  Ph.D and baby! You are one strong woman.. Ph.D is no piece of cake hun..

Thank you! Most days she is. But then again, many days she tries my patience too. 😆

It's her right, I'm her mom and she is going to push my buttons! 😆

I credit my education achievement to my hubby and my school hubby (best friend from PhD). Both pushed me and did everything they could to support me. 

Hubby cooked, cleaned, washed, everything. Kitchen, laundry, baby, the works. 

School hubby kept me straight on my deadlines, pushed me to finish work, carted stuff back and forth from my school to my home when I couldn't... 

List is endless. I'm grateful. 😃
abracadabra thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: JerryTheMouse

Oh! 

Hope your mom is better soon! 

We do not play with fire crackers either, noise pollution, air pollution, and rumors of child labor! Enough to protest! 

I had plans to do Rangoli and diyas with her this weekend but she is sick so been scaling down. 

And I liked the discussing, chatting and waiting for PMs too. I feel like we connected! 😃

And that in itself is something to look forward to, isn't it? 

She is getting better.. thanks 😊

I'm so glad about that Sachi.. Fireworks are nothing but a nuisance.. You know how it is back here right? Not to forget the child labour and recently some factory was on fire and people got injured. 😕

Hope Ria is better soon.Poor baby.. I wanna do Rangoli too.. Any designs you have with you? I would love to have them..

The only reason i come here and love it here is coz of the friends i ahve made here Sachi.. No other reason.. I had stopped watching the show long ago.. Too much headache..i cannot handle stress from everywhere..Show is meant to relax and not stress u out na? 😉

I look forward to the chats  we all have. And yeah, i feel a connect with you too.. It's sad our time zones are different..
JerryTheMouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

sometimes when the caregiving goes way too much emotional for me i do come here as an outlet
In asia educational opportunities for women is a big issue and i hate to see it when it is lost on some
My domestic goddesses daughter who is barely 17 was married off I wanted to sponsor her education let her learn some job skills that could afford her a way out from her present life and move up so that her mothers life is not hers and she can help change the family circumstances and now the mother of one child and already one abortion
When i see girls like Malala and the change they are so wonderfully trying to bring that is who the role model should be for the young ones
rant over

Hey Swathi! 

You are right! 

And I salute you for trying t help this young woman's life. 

How are things at your end? You are also caregiving for mom, right? 

I think for a lot of us this began as a stress busting place, to connect, to vent, to rant, and even to ooh and aah. 

But when it starts creeping into life and start taking over, it needs to be stopped. Just like you said! 

Thank you! 
LIKEDMG thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Morning Guys...
what is new news..?

wht do u think abt Archana's news?

Olive_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

rant over

Swathi do you volunteer at an NGO?
JerryTheMouse thumbnail

She is getting better.. thanks 😊

I'm so glad about that Sachi.. Fireworks are nothing but a nuisance.. You know how it is back here right? Not to forget the child labour and recently some factory was on fire and people got injured. 😕

Hope Ria is better soon.Poor baby.. I wanna do Rangoli too.. Any designs you have with you? I would love to have them..

The only reason i come here and love it here is coz of the friends i ahve made here Sachi.. No other reason.. I had stopped watching the show long ago.. Too much headache..i cannot handle stress from everywhere..Show is meant to relax and not stress u out na? 😉

I look forward to the chats  we all have. And yeah, i feel a connect with you too.. It's sad our time zones are different..

I had one on FB that a friend sent. It's actually a floating Rangoli design. Pretty nice. I'll pm you, do you have FB? It's be easier to send it to you that way. 

Yes, it is sad that our time zones are different, but there is no reason why we can't stay connected. Just like now we do! 

😊

You mentioned you will be married soon, are you engaged or seeing someone? 😊

And yes, I read about the Baroda factory fires. That's very sad. 😕

I actually stopped in India itself. My family did stop since years before I moved here even. The fire crackers problem in Mumbai was getting of much. All the smog and noise! And yes, the child labor! 
Edited by JerryTheMouse - 11 years ago