Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Things are so much clearer now... (Page 6)

Faiqahfadia Groupbie
Faiqahfadia
Faiqahfadia

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Excellent Post!!
I know we rant and rave about him leaving and what will we do blah blah blah, but the fact of the matter is he has a life outside ISS Pyar.  We want him as arnav to spend time with Khushi so why cant Barun spend time with his wife.  It goes both ways.  We should practice what we preach is what I am thinking of here.
We still watched the show when he was kidnapped and when he came back we supported him, so we can do that again.
All I say is if he is taking a break then sure, no problem, everyone deserves a break and he can take however long he wants and maybe they can take a day or two and shoot a few scenes with him abroad and on phone or skype etc and show those during the time he is away, so we can still see him and wait for him to come back.  What we dont want is any other guy playing Arnav and being with Khushi or a totally new guy in Khushi's life.  That is what we cannot accept at all.  We are willing to accept Khushi without Arnav and wait for arnav to come back however long it takes him as long as he is coming back and Khushi will be waiting for him.  
They can show NK track with a love interest or Anjali track, what sover they wish but PLEASE no new guy for Khushi.  We will wait however long it will take him to come back. 

That above is one idea, the other is, end the show on a happy note since two other actors are leaving, we barely see gupta house people, so might as well end the show with lots of romance and rabba ve and maybe they have their own kids, or like an episode 10 years later etc. just to show us how it all went on and maybe in our hearts we will think they still exist.
What do you all think?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

786786shabnammm3spate22

divvk IF-Rockerz
divvk
divvk

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
brilliant post!!! amazingly written and i agree with everything! Barun def deserves break and relax for while as i know how exhausting work can get at times. if u keep working continuously, u forget to notice everything around you n left all alone with just work. u indeed deserve breaks at times. i hope he spends quality time with his family and i wish him all the best for everything he does. thank you for this awesome post! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shabnammm3spate22

premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Dear TM

You have written Avery thought provoking post and like you I am not in particular a Sanaya or Barun fan. I love them coz they have given me so much pleasureby their extreme talent.

Whatever I have seen of Barun he does seem a very down to earth guy and in many ways very honest. Inarticulate at times yet endearing. His hardworking has paid off and thus his success. Along with success comes a lot of burden and the fortitude to bear it.

I understand his need for a break and every job becomes monotonous , day in day out playing the same role. I do not understand the Telly business as to why it is so grueling and why breaks are not incorporated in their routine. Why is he expected to work non stop and for this I blame the PH. Also being in show biz there is a constant demand of media, the side shows they do...this business is hard.

He as an individual is entitled to do whatever her feels and not obligated to anyone but my friend once you let down fans it's hard to win them back. He was supported by us during his movie shoot but now with this vague absence it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

This is not a Pisa phaik tamasha dheek...no one can k ow better thanHIS how hard it is to earn the love of fans. Go for the break you want but take care of what you leave behind.

I for one love the guy and his talent but will not hold my breath for his return. I wish him well and success in the future.

shabnammm3moomin4455showstruck

VasantiLad IF-Dazzler
VasantiLad
VasantiLad

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Hi Sabhnam
What you say makes a lot of sense & adds stability to this forum. What really surprised me - you know- & I will say this as I know that you are new- was the way that people on this platform feel they have a right to state candid opinions about actors. As you quite rightly pointed out & I was really shocked about is the abuse & criticism that he received when he announced that for personal reasons he wanted to take a break. WHAT GIVES ANYONE THE RIGHT TO CRITICISE HIM OR ANY OTHER ACTOR. Just because he occupies the screen at 8 pm in front of you does not mean that he is your property- to complain about & to question.
I am into marketing as well & its a very pressurised envirnoment & you end up sacrificing time & as a result miss a lot of family events but that is my choice & if I wanted out or a change that is my decision.
Before I heard the interview - i had a lot of mixed feelings but after hearing it- it became all too clear. My respect for Barun went up by 100%. He is so humble & so down to earth. You expect him to be really extravagent but he likes simple food-simple music & really a quiet time with his family. When asked what he would do he said that he wanted to lie & watch TV just like a regular guy & spend time with his wife.
He said that the only thing that he felt that he had in common with ASR was his sarcasm !!!! He said that in real life he found it really hard to get riled or angry - completely opposite to his character.What became apparent is that working in TV is not easy - its relentless - you play a character literally 24/7 - 12 hours of hard work- bearly three hours with your wife - & you have been doing this for non-stop 3 years. Recently you have seen him looking really tired & having lost weight. Now all he wants is a quality break for himself. Let us respect that with dignity & after that let us respect what ever decision he makes.
What ever the outcome - he has shown - I feel a lot of respect to the PH-SP-fellow actors & especially his fans (who is truely humbled by). I genuinely think that he is trying to work out himself what he wants to do & so after the break he may resign OR he could come back. He wants that time to be sure. What was really poignant about the interview was the last part & how he felt humbled about being liked & how he kinda wanted to thank everyone if that is there was 240 hours in the day.
You expressed your self really well in this post & I hope that its read by all those people that feel they have the right to dictate & make inane & disrespactful comments- well done.
BARUN SOBTI- I SALUTE you - thanks for bringing ASR/Arnav with such impact into our lives - all the best for the future with your career - you will make the right choices!!!

Edited by VasantiLad - 09 November 2012 at 7:29pm

shabnammm3lexaxelspate22

lolly143 IF-Rockerz
lolly143
lolly143

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Well, anyway...that's the guy I heard on the radio. A normal regular guy. A down-to-earth guy. A simple guy with no ego hassles. A reticent socially awkward shy guy. A guy who doesn't have a big mouth and doesn't try to shove his opinions down other people's throat. A guy who takes life as it comes and wants to see what all he can do. A guy who for the moment just wants to take a break and spend time with his wife and family. A guy who laughs easily on simple jokes. A guy who's thankful to the people who like him but who doesn't think he needs to sign his life over to them in exchange for that love.    
Just a guy...

i loved this part dear.Clap
nice post

shabnammm3spate22

Rita.C Senior Member
Rita.C
Rita.C

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Very well said and timely. Some of the posts are so bizarre and over the top it's not funny. It's like watching mob mentality at work. By watching a show on TV it almost sounds like people have bought the lives of the whole team

shabnammm3spate22

vandana.sagar IF-Stunnerz
vandana.sagar
vandana.sagar

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Indeed a very good post.  Life is too short, everyone is free to the their own decision on how and with who they want to spend it,! 

My only issues or comments are these...the nature of the show is an intense love story...one where the story would need the main leads to be present to carry the story forward...and majority of us will lose interest in the show if the lead couple are not shown together or a regular basis...even if the script demanded him being away...we would still want them to be shown whether it was in their imagination or thru some mode of communication like during the kidnapping phase...most people hated that track. Whenever Barun was free and shot for IPKKND we were shown a dream sequence, the telepathic conversation, the epic first hug, the hut scequence...those were what kept us going...to me that time itselft the hut sequence and him trying to get close to her was such bad timing...

I personally would have preferred them to have cleared out a lot of un resolved issues...shown him to ask her what has been going on at home? How everyone was? Hr asking him how the kidnapping happened etc etc...
But I guess the majority of audience wanting to see them together hence they showed us that scene...

Having said all of that...what is the future of the story if Barun leaves? 
While he is around, even if they show a MU or seperation or him travelling ...then there is no way Khushi would or could fall in love with someone else...she has always loved him...inspection of how he has behaved with her!. 
So the only way a new man could come into her life is if they kill of the character...then IPKKND with out ASR is not the same story! 

If they replace the actor and get a new face in his shoes as ASR...hmmmnot sure how everyone will accept that either...admit it or not we all like to see BS and SI together for their chemistry and brilliant portrayal of their characters...they are our drugs...maybe it's time to get de addicted! .? 

So 2 options 

let the show end on a high note...with the characters intact ! 

Or be ready and willing to accept a new actor...either as ASR...or a new track where Arnav has to die ( hate even writing this) and a new man to come into Khushi s life ! 

Just my views...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shabnammm3

mohit_rockstar Senior Member
mohit_rockstar
mohit_rockstar

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Beautiful postClap
I guess this is the first lengthy post which i have ever read..i agree to whatever you have pointed out..Smile
Barun is a great guy..he loves his fans but he loves his family too...he has spent those 1.5 years working for himself as well as for uss..and if he needs a break so he should get it..as his family also needs him,more than us...and so does he!Big smile
Thanks for the positive post!Thumbs Up

shabnammm3samin6spate22

Go to top