Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Things are so much clearer now... (Page 3)

pixiegirl IF-Sizzlerz
pixiegirl
pixiegirl

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Great post agree with everything except that I would like SP to end the show with his departure from the show. Have a Season 2 when he is all rested and comes back with the same cast, but really there is no IPK w/o Barun. Let's face it, that's the truth :)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shabnammm3NibelungenliedSaraJLsigridMysticaldivineMrDarcyfan

thelondon12345 Goldie
thelondon12345
thelondon12345

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
                   I agree with you completely...and mind blowing such long post..hats off... Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shabnammm3sigridspate22

srija.singh04 Goldie
srija.singh04
srija.singh04

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
A very good and much needed post I must say, when the entire forum is busy ranting either against Barun or mostly against Gul (though I wonder why only there r three more lions, rt?LOL)
Anyways, ofcourse its his life and if I as a student have the right to say to my family that m bored of studies after graduation and need some break before continuing it further, then so does Barun.
 We can't actually do much, except maybe call and mail but the thing is we cannot and should not force him, its his life after all, he can leave to spend time with his wife and family, or maybe to get into movies or something, well whatever.  But then again my Dad did get a bit sad at my decision and I can't do anything about it (well actually I did, joined postgrad merely after a break of a monthDead), and so as a fan I m really sad and upset, at the thought of losing my fav show, cz personally for me IPK ends with Sarun (to each their own, I guess), and that after a few days when the clock will strike 8 I wouldn't be running to the common room but reminiscing the memory of when I used to do it and how all my friends would tease me about this obsession and craziness of mine. But then this will happen for maybe 2 days or 3 days or a week or two at the most and then I'll probably find something else to engage my interest, maybe something a tadbit more creative and useful, I wish. So then again life would go on.

I do not intend on watching the PH's new show, QH, well the most basic reason being I hate the main lead and somehow he reminds me of a triangle LOL, and I know I wouldn't be going to watch Barun's movie either, I mean for god's sake I didn't even watch the final or for that matter any part of even Harry Potter in a theatre, and thats Harry Potter, if u know wat I mean. well maybe for a while I'll rewatch all the Sarun episodes online but then things will start to fade, cz afterall its just a show, and doesn't matter how much we say it not just a show, but the truth remains it is but just a show.

frankly saying I'll have to hunt some new distraction as currently I have no idea watever is going on in any other show, maybe I'll rewatch the American series Friends or How I Met Your Mother or the Korean series Boys over Flower, who knows, somehow I never get bored of these, maybe Bb4F for nowLOL

But then still as an ardent fan I have always dreamt of a fairytale ending for Arshi and that dream would be shattered and some void would remain forever,considering I am a kind of person who finishes Chetan Bhagat, even though hating it while readingDead So personally I would have been happy and satisfied had they given us a nice ending, but its an end for me anywaysCry

BTW, what has really upset me is that fans have been continuously ranting and bashing Gul, cz "some source" said she is the reason behind Barun's departure. And without applying their brains they have just started bashing her ruthlessly, forgetting that if it weren't for her, we wouldn't have even got what we did. IPK is her brain child and we should never forget that. 

Anyways sorry for this super long comment but tonight there r so few posts where I could write all this, and I wanted to write, considering I am going through an emotional turmoil. Who thought a show could effect one so much.

So goodbye IPKKND, u'll always remain a beautiful void for me. Beautiful but unfinished and thus pinching slightly evry now and then. But anyways BYE.

shabnammm3sigridspate22

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Looks like he suffering from burn out! The 40 days was not leave last time! He was doing 2 jobs!

So he probably does need a break! Key him take it! But I want in the end for ARHI to be together abductee show to end with SARUN as ARHI! A happy ending!

If not I will come to Mumbai and set fire to SP abc also take out a hit on Gul khan! Lol

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shabnammm3NibelungenliedSaraJLsrija.singh04coronapsychesigridArshi.Sugi.IPK

VasuS IF-Sizzlerz
VasuS
VasuS

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Good post! I agree with most of ur pts...
1. Barun needs and truly does deserve a break ... Poor guy shd b able to without all hell breaking loose ...infact I thought even He had not expected such a backlash reg his break ...I remember hearing an incredulous "official announcement ?" From him in his IF 1st interview 2 days back ...whatever might b the reason .. He has full right to take his own decisions . Infact I fully support his decision even if he wanted to take some time off to promote his movie or do another movie ... C'mon if he does not try to move up now when will he ? He is 28 , very successful on TV , has an immense screen presence and fan following why shouldn't he spread his wings ... And another thing , as all parents know ... Our lives revolve around our kids but still the day they become independent nobody is happier than the parent...
So I M there for u Barun in all ur decisions ...

2. I disagree with u on just 1 pt ... And that is Ipkknd is a one of a kind of show which ran on the enduring and endearing love of Arshi and amazing Sarun chemistry ... In that scenario it is difficult to hold the interest of fans without the amazing screen presence of Barun , the actor , and ASR , the character ... Do it will die a miserable death with trps going really really low ... It has been such an amazing show that for it to b taken off for lack of trps will just not be right ...instead I feel complete the story with Arshi and then end it ... 2 months later start another story with same cast or same characters like Ipkknd 2 .. That way cast and crew is energized and channel is happy as it is getting the return on their Arshi/Sarun brand equity ...fans are happy they got good closure with Arshi 1 and maybe a good story with Arshi 2 ...

shabnammm3Nibelungenliedsigrid

pri_armaan IF-Sizzlerz
pri_armaan
pri_armaan

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

Looks like he suffering from burn out! The 40 days was not leave last time! He was doing 2 jobs!

So he probably does need a break! Key him take it! But I want in the end for ARHI to be together abductee show to end with SARUN as ARHI! A happy ending!

If not I will come to Mumbai and set fire to SP abc also take out a hit on Gul khan! Lol

i agee.
Your last line cracked me up! Roflmao!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sigrid

coronapsyche IF-Rockerz
coronapsyche
coronapsyche

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
I really loved reading ur post.

I agree to some points & disagree to some points

He is indeed the most down-to-earthy person I have evr Known! I love him for that!

If this whole mess was only about * He needs a break* I wdnt mind at all. Really he needs it, judging by his voice. He was tired , tired of fighting constantly! Now U tell me - Why do U need a 2 month break for that??? this '2' month is actually 2 or more - we dnt know it either, Buddy. In reality it was an ''unlimited long time break'' means- He is quiting ! He was being forced to quite-its quite evident now!

& No I am not gnna watch it while theres no Barun. He leaves ,I 'll leave.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shabnammm3sigrid

Frigate IF-Dazzler
Frigate
Frigate

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged

I have been critical of Barun many times in the past, esp. with his leave for his movie. But this time, I have to say, let him go, if that is what he wants. We are all a little selfish in demanding he do it through ill health (physical or mental)! A least he is being honest when he says, he is bored of the role and tired from working long hours. Many of us do the same and its because we choose to, even if we are unhapy about it! So, we can't hold him to the same standard we hold ourselves. He has his standards... And according to him these long hours over several years are not worth it! And, he is willing to suffer the consequences of quitting/leaving... When he does come back, we all have the choice to watch his shows/movies! 

Live and let live!

shabnammm3sigridspate22

Go to top