Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
If he needs a break fine but please don't introduce a new guy in Khushi life! just show NK & Anjali finding love and if Arnav and Khushi plans to adopt Aarav just show her bond with him if Virat comes into the picture playing Dhruv they should show him as a negative character please! I don't want Khushi to have any attraction for him. I would like to see NK and Khushi bond as friends. Anjali & Khushi should also have a wonderful bond and while they're at it start working on Khushi past.  
_disha_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Good one 👏

I liked what you wrote... I wish Barun all the best for his future.
He really seemed genuine on the telephonic int especially when before hanging up he bothered to ask the RJ his name and thanked him not a lot of stars do that ..that gesture speaks so much of him.
For me i dont see ASR being replaced so if they end the show respectably  with Sarun i'd appreciate it and if they wanna continue the remote is in my hand and i switch off simple!!!

moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant, logical post. I got so bored of my job that as protest I would come in at 2pm and leave at 4pm...seriously it was mind-numbingly boring and ironically stressful and hard work, which I just refused to do - I just got exhausted (I was in Marketing). Then I quit because I just had enough! And now I'm doing a PhD which is stressful but it's a good stress - I'm not bored. Boredom, stress and pressure is the bane of human existence and it makes people go to great lengths...like leaving advertising and refusing a pay hike (good for you!) and other bribes to come back, as well as leaving a hit show.

My take on this whole scenario, by the way, is that he put his papers in 2 months ago, negotiated for time off maybe for another film/promotion of his current film. The channel and PH couldn't give him extra leave. And because of the upcoming Diwali event and the UK trip he had to keep quiet. So he finds himself in a position of doing something that has grow monotonous, is intensely stressful and has meant that he still won't get to spend time with his family/wife. He will need to promote his new film - that's an obligation and his body has died from juggling the film and show. He said "screw it" and probably with support from his costars, friends and family just said I'm leaving. And I don't blame him. Meteoric rises in fame when you're a private person who wants success but has too much success in such a short time must be very stressful! He probably feels relieved - he must know he's taking a risk career wise, but he's taken a huge risk before in trying to make it into this entertainment business. It's his life.

My main gripe is why do shows that are born to have a short shelf life have to be "turned into a fruit salad" as I read in one person's post?? 😆  This show could have finished at the remarriage and that's it (I may have stopped watching in Feb, but the bits I randomly saw immediately post-remarriage were lovely). It's OK to just have a brilliant story shown over a short time - the brightest stars burn the brightest and are extinguished the fastest - that's fine. I think everyone weathered BS going off for his movie, and the TRPs may have dropped but frankly some of the highest TRP rated shows are pretty crap so what does that mean?? 

I think what I'm trying to say is perhaps in the Indian culture of TV dragging things out with crazy plots may be OK. But for sensible, intelligent individuals (in India and abroad and even non-Indians) who are keen to find their own way to escape the troubles of the day we don't need crazy plots - subtle development of characters and plot lines are fine! If this was a British or American series this would not have happened. This is the first time I have ever sat down and watched an Indian serial (my mother has always tried to make me as some sort of crazy mother-daughter bonding experience and I've always told her I love you but I need my brain cells!). What I now realise is that when channels have a great product they obviously don't know what to do with it...???!

If this story was stopped at the appropriate time months ago, people may have been sad, but everyone would have a bank of wonderful episodes to enjoy in posterity; it would have been a fairytale. Now I'm sure people are going to get a tinned fruit cocktail (you know the kind with mushy fruit, lots of sugar and no other taste) if the show goes on...

ETA: I just realised I wrote a lot - sorry 😳
Edited by moomin4455 - 11 years ago
Erika1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think fans should respect the actor's decision, he was quite clear in his interview and adamant that he needs and will take a break.

After listening to said interview, I therefore have changed my opinion and thinks it will be better if the character A.S.R gets a new face, meaning a new actor, because clearly the actor needs at least several months off to spend time with his wife.
The fans will miss the actor for a while, but as we all know life goes on.

The PH should find a new actor that is suave, charismatic and acts well, one that has similar mannerisms and blends well with the female-lead, perhaps on a temporary basis if the present actor's contract is still in effect and he intends to honor said contract.

I feel sorry for him, hopes he finds what he is looking for.

rukuswasthika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
much sensible post dear.i agree with u completely.for me,as things are clearer now,i too have decided that if i find something intresting in the show,i would watch or flip the channel or do something else.if this could be the choice of me,why can't he take a break?i think its not fair in imposing our wishes on others throat as everybody have the right to make their own decisions and noone can interfere in it.and last but not the least barun sobti is also human being who wish to spend time with his family and nobody would compromise their health at any cost.wishes for his film and i would be happily welcome him again when he comes back.(whether its gonna be ipkknd or some other show)Edited by rukuswasthika - 11 years ago
mickeynmini thumbnail
totally agree with u. really a sensible post
barun_fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
A very well written post , very logical . 
👏
Tulips123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awesome post :) words from my heart to ur pen :) Exactly my view
Faiqahfadia thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Excellent Post!!
I know we rant and rave about him leaving and what will we do blah blah blah, but the fact of the matter is he has a life outside ISS Pyar.  We want him as arnav to spend time with Khushi so why cant Barun spend time with his wife.  It goes both ways.  We should practice what we preach is what I am thinking of here.
We still watched the show when he was kidnapped and when he came back we supported him, so we can do that again.
All I say is if he is taking a break then sure, no problem, everyone deserves a break and he can take however long he wants and maybe they can take a day or two and shoot a few scenes with him abroad and on phone or skype etc and show those during the time he is away, so we can still see him and wait for him to come back.  What we dont want is any other guy playing Arnav and being with Khushi or a totally new guy in Khushi's life.  That is what we cannot accept at all.  We are willing to accept Khushi without Arnav and wait for arnav to come back however long it takes him as long as he is coming back and Khushi will be waiting for him.  
They can show NK track with a love interest or Anjali track, what sover they wish but PLEASE no new guy for Khushi.  We will wait however long it will take him to come back. 

That above is one idea, the other is, end the show on a happy note since two other actors are leaving, we barely see gupta house people, so might as well end the show with lots of romance and rabba ve and maybe they have their own kids, or like an episode 10 years later etc. just to show us how it all went on and maybe in our hearts we will think they still exist.
What do you all think?