Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Things are so much clearer now...

shabnammm3 Groupbie
shabnammm3
shabnammm3

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Really long post so be warned...

Also, just so you know I'm not interested in love-blinded rants or random aggression. If you agree with my opinions, fine. If you don't, that's also fine. 
But if you're just looking to abuse or write brainless anti this/that/and everything comments, then go away. I'm not interested.   

Another thing...I'm not a specifically Barun or Sanaya fan...I simply like (or rather liked) the show IPKKND...and I like them both...on-screen, for their amazing chemistry; and off screen, for the genuinely nice and simple people they seem to be. 

So here goes...

I'm glad Barun gave that interview. And I'm even more glad that I heard it. Suddenly, things seem a lot clearer. And no, I'm not referring to the "is he leaving/is he quitting/is the show ending/who is responsible... blah blah blah..." controversy. 

I'm glad because things suddenly fell into place...for me, that is. 

Like most everyone else on this forum, I have been reading all sorts of posts about Barun...some calling for his blood for what they perceive as "desertion"; others calling him dumb, saying his career's over, calling him unprofessional; some going the other extreme and making him out to be some sorry, pathetic creature to be pitied, crying for him as if he is a lost little boy in the woods.  

Today I realised that Barun doesn't fit into ANY of these categories. 

This is what I heard. 
I heard a normal, regular guy giving an interview. 
A regular guy who sounded tired as most of us do after a day's work. Maybe who sounded more than a bit tired because of the pressures he's going through. 

Digressing for a moment here...NO...in spite of what many dreamy soppy teenage girls are imagining, he was NOT crying. There's a difference between a naturally reticent, reserved, and as we all know about him, socially awkward guy who's sounding tired and tense and a guy who's crying! And anyway, he doesn't really have any reason to cry. He might be tired, tense, and under pressure...but he sounded very convinced about what he was doing...and that is taking a break! He might not know when, for how long and so on...but he never, not even once, wavered from the fact that he IS GOING TO TAKE A BREAK! There was absolutely NO ambiguity every time he repeated that sentence.  

Coming back to my main points...
He said in an article that he is tired, and needs a break. He said the same thing in his interview. Ever since that statement came out, the forum has been flooded with posts dipped heavily in sarcasm and taunts. Everybody seems to have taken it so personally! 
How dare he say he works very long hours? Don't we work long hours?
How dare he say he gets tired? Don't we get tired? 
Who does he think he is? 

Hello??? What's wrong with you people? There must be thousand/lakhs of us who work insanely long hours. And there must be thousands/lakhs of us who get exhausted. 
But does that mean that if someone (anyone one of us) WANTS to take a break from a back-breaking routine, they shouldn't be allowed to? They should be called selfish and other names? How warped is that logic? 

I have worked for many years in advertising. And believe me...that is a tough industry too. Your life belongs to your clients. I remember there was a period when for three entire weeks, I didn't see my dad at all...and that time we lived in the same house! I would leave for work before he woke up and would get home after he had gone to sleep. I lost touch with ALL my friends, missed all birthdays, festive occasions like diwali, holi etc (because festival time is peak time in ad agencies). And it was was bloody exhausting!! 
And yes...one day I reached my saturation point. Life had turned into a monotone reality, where only work existed. My personal life was non-existent. My family life was non-existent. My parents missed me. My brother missed me. And I missed them.  And so I did what I needed to to do for myself and my family. I quit! They offered me more money. They offered me a paid vacation. But I was so exhausted mentally and physically that these things didn't matter. I just needed time away. Time to recoup. Time to be with my family.  

What is so wrong in that? How can we decide for someone else how much and till how long they should work? Even if they are tired, even if they are not enjoying their work anymore, even if they are saturated, even if they are not feeling inspired any more, even if they are doing it at the cost of ignoring their family...NO...YOU have to continue working because I as a fan love you, and that means you are beholden to me, because I am used to seeing you everyday at 8, and even though I've been complaining about how tired you look all the time...but still YOU HAVE to keep working so that I can drool over this fantasy life of yours. 
Seriously?

All of us, at some point of time or the other, take major life decisions... marriage/career etc. Who decides for us? WE do. Individually. WE make our own life decisions. Our family helps us. We take their advice. How many times do we let a stranger decide our future for us? Which one of us will make a decision about who they marry OR which job they should continue with from another person on a random forum? EVEN if that random stranger claims to "love us to death"...
I have seen people on this forum take great offense and react very angrily when any other member tries to tell them what they should think or how they should feel or how they should react.  And that is the reaction on insignificant things. 
BUT we feel that we have the right to dictate and decide Barun's life and his career choices. Again...Seriously???
It's his life, people! He gets to decide. Good or bad. He decides. Period. 
If he's tired and wants a break...hell, who are we to tell him he can't be tired?
If he's bored with the work he's doing...how the hell can we tell him you can't get bored? Just work dammit. Because I (the fan) am working, because Sanaya is working, because XYZ is working...that means YOU have no right to be tired or bored or anything! Just keep working till I (the great fan) gets tired of watching you, or something else comes along that interests me...and then, you can stop...but not before that!  

Some people are saying "I invested 1.5 years of my life to this show! How dare they leave me in the lurch now?"
Let's be frank...
YOU watched because you liked the story and the actors/characters. 
Barun did the show because a) it was his job and b) because he enjoyed it his work. 

If anyone of us stopped watching the show for whatever reason, does Barun have the right to rant that he invested 1.5 years in the show and how dare we stop watching it now?!! That even though WE are tired and bored, we HAVE to keep watching because HE spent so much time on it?

It's a two-way street, people. You can sop watching when you get tired or lose interest. And he can stop doing the show when he gets tired or loses interest. When, exactly, in this two-way venture did he or any of the actors become our personal slaves...to do and behave as we wish?

Yeah, yeah...I'm ready to move on to my next point.
Everybody keeps complaining...Oh Arnav and Khushi are just married. Let them spend more and more time together. Let them be romantic. I've read posts saying "Oh Arnav is such a fantastic husband. So loving. I wish I had a husband like Arnav".

Well, then how come when Barun does what we want Arnav to do, we resist it with all our forum might?? When he says he wants to spend time with his wife, we say "nu.uh...not at the cost of our show please!"
He's newly married, isn't he? He's in love with his wife. How much time do you actually think he's spent with her during the last 1.5 years? And please don't resort to that lame ass excuse..it's the nature of the job. He's not doing bonded labour, for God's sake! Yes, it is the nature of the job, but it is the nature of a human being to decide what is more important in his life at a given point in time!  
And if he feels that in his about 2 years of marriage, out of which he has dedicated 1.5 years to work, that he now needs to give his wife that same kind of importance, then I say GOOD for him! 
We would love it if Arnav did that for Khushi, wouldn't we? That's what all of us have been clamoring  for to the CVs, haven't we?
And hell...He's probably doing it for himself too, not just for her. The man is madly in love with his wife, after all! Maybe he's tired of seeing her for 30 min everyday. 

Maybe he's tired, and wants to take a break and spend some well-deserved goddamn time with the woman he married and loves and promised to share a life with!!!

Wait, that sounds familiar. Who said that? Oh right!  Barun said that. Oh how I wish Arnav had said that for Khushi...then I would have ooohed and aahed and dreamt about finding a man just like that...*dreamy eyes*

Well, anyway...that's the guy I heard on the radio. A normal regular guy. A down-to-earth guy. A simple guy with no ego hassles. A reticent socially awkward shy guy. A guy who doesn't have a big mouth and doesn't try to shove his opinions down other people's throat. A guy who takes life as it comes and wants to see what all he can do. A guy who for the moment just wants to take a break and spend time with his wife and family. A guy who laughs easily on simple jokes. A guy who's thankful to the people who like him but who doesn't think he needs to sign his life over to them in exchange for that love.    
Just a guy...

And you know what? I'm going to watch the show as long as I enjoy it. Because that's the reason I watch a show. The days I find it boring, I will switch the channel. The days it's interesting, I will stay tuned. If I feel Arnav's absence in the show has made the show boring for me, I'll switch it off. I'll miss the show of course. But I'll try and remember that it is after all, a FICTIONAL SHOW...not reality. And Barun and Sanaya are great actors...but with lives of their own...that they can live as they wish, just as I live mine. And you live yours. 

Cheers!

The following 253 member(s) liked the above post:

REESHYALhabsfansa123456789pcvarmasindhunbrskapu80Buddha7102arhiishravs_18ipkknd_fan1Joonmooneagle007anethaRAEENABuggyRrttppPetiteshycebeldefineurekasne0neethysarawakmontykothapallimickeynminiasrssMaddyWaddymetaphor4pyaarhaimahrukh90Gurjeetsaggunaj84sarah1000fairycakejulijasmeenmaria1878ahttbarVin1805nada_asrach57simp786786adi.biminto123barun_fangree86jeshsaiiiivaughndesipwincess84rosesrredlexaxelguryabdassuper_boymsmesuhanee_06remyaachandranUnfinishedsumalihbkumarsolembaum-Reva-Claire0206mohit_rockstaraminakhancanzasanaAmmyRidz4Everjyot_pujaanamika00persadiantaklima_najNibelungenliedHelloA1craziefanserendipity235lovelygrlHubzejshreya16ArshiAnalystArchu61Deepa876Dreamcatchernadianatalienancy_ipkkndsaya312prabhatasadaf2012Deepusingh08fizzyfairyAura7esmeralda111AtyayTulips123Su_Somerholicnaadhira_khanlovesharunzunara_alitrisasakVALERINEArchana89roshrockkssgataherebedragonsgreen_teacupdAnshi7arshi_rox-Reader-praj.shrishniharika111ValleryRosebea_romsimkachitchanx-Sarah-xKhuarnavipkrocks21Pyaaraarnavshaz007_Maya_srija.singh04coolbakes_JaladhabsDazeebijilivicqustBonhi_ipkkndSaraJLmemyselfandme1chemistry9terribletwistshagun-rocksadeeti107_sneha_7sslmay11nancynairTeleFanneverbefore..Kritz..meshasthelondon12345Ilovepie.innocentgreen_G1234_chowna358674pinkss-HappyBird-preetijaiswal19Hopepopeyemaaloonine2lovelyhighonshowsRozy77shivikrocks..Smita..samin6arnshicoolnisha_fun87HakunaMatata.swetha_chAngels11Frigatedolly_11sun_shine_girlUkp18Cyberpsychoooleanne_1983ArhiIPKKNDabavimeens80nonasitanviaDaRkPrInCeSsnandu_2007ipkknd_hazelshassmoomin4455HorizonVasantiLadChoco_Cosmosrockingcoupletvbug2011ThithliDhostSwaran13ddsoapsbhadraprasadAarti_16SuperstarSanayatemperance12DarkDesire12Forever19vandana1965arshisfanMiss CherieblackdovebepatientTake_Thatlolly143cutelittleangelnaughtymallu--Yashi--OmkaRamanHakuna-Matataamints23KranuNi1234divvkmishajbs_deepstrina2010premparbatmedha16Jyo.Dilsayanjaani07manjhaZuzanasmansigridsoapsudsPrasanthiBearNaNasajni786spate22_disha_laddoo598P_ShalGita97ssyahooNan08OnepoundChicpixiegirlMrDarcyfanrukuswasthikaDeedeepa1LyssaPiePr1yankaArshics-MKB-silvia1999.ProperPatola-ElmoFuj-tvbufFlora3333vandana.sagarArnieBoyBarunArshi.Sugi.IPKNestleToulousexAaliya_TheJoker--Rehnuma-

ArnieBoyBarun IF-Stunnerz
ArnieBoyBarun
ArnieBoyBarun

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
I agree to some points and disagree to some. I think I am the first person who reached the finishing point in the race (reading this post).

I sensed the same abt him, like he needs a break. He was very clear on that statement. No stammering or stuttering was there. The lined that touched me very deeply was the line where he said he lives as arnav for 12 hours and comes back home and sleeps for 8-9 hours and the rest of the 3 hours he lives his life. That is really pathetic. I used to work almost 24 hours, but I live my life only. As you said he is a very down-to-earthy guy. A boy next door. he is so simple. I admire him even more now.

I don't want to watch the show without him because he attracted me to the show. I want only barun as asr (may be that is my problem, let it be). I love barun beyond ASR. I will be supporting him on whatever things he do. He very clearly said everyone is thinking i am gonna sign some movie or doing other shows etc, there is nothing like that. He said that very clearly. I trust him.

The fans are doing a lot in an actor's career, many things are based on the fan strength, so it cannot be belittled just like that. He also knows it and i believe he values it.

Your professional life part was really interesting to read, I was almost like that and left my job and just sat at home without doing anything idly and enjoyed that period very much. Started working after a good 6 months on my own firm. Sometimes it is needed. 

He very clearly said, he respect those guys who works continuously, but he cant't do that.

Anyways, it was a good post figuring facts and realities.

Edited by dkatmala - 09 November 2012 at 12:53pm

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

REESHYALcebelneethyMaddyWaddyshabnammm3mahrukh90AppleApricotAmmyRidz4Evercraziefanlovelygrlsumana561lexaxelBonhi_ipkkndPyaaraarnavshagun-rocksgopikaajiSushaanManeetpinksshighonshowsRozy77saima4744JerryTheMouseArshig8cutelittleangelsigrid-MKB-BearNaNaspate22

gree86 Groupbie
gree86
gree86

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
In this sea of insanity,your post is one of the very few which is sensible,period..All these complex theories floating around of hidden schemes,bashing the producer,bashing the actor,people have forgotten that behind their roles as actors,producers,they are normal people with their own lives..They are doing their job well and thats making us happy..But they dont owe us anything and neither do we owe them anything..Live and let live..

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

REESHYALRrttppshabnammm3sow2428taklima_najArshiAnalystarshi_roxMeeraHKshagun-rocksSushaanManeetinnocentgreenpinksshighonshowsArhiIPKKNDHakunaMatata.coolnisha_fun87saima4744blackdovesigridspate22

Forever19 IF-Rockerz
Forever19
Forever19

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
a much sensible post..i am not against his decision to take break..all i want is end the show for now..can't see another guy with khushi..start afresh with a new season after two months..everybody needs rest na,even entire cast and crew needs it badly..

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

REESHYALanu97Wilma_flinstoneshabnammm3786786AppleApricotmohit_rockstarsana535arshi_roxpraj.shrishzunara_alichitchanPyaaraarnavTanumon_G1234_pinkssHakunaMatata.anjaani07saima4744Arshig8blackdovesigridthulasi_arshiAngel13

jasztrab Newbie
jasztrab
jasztrab

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
You said it.  Although it is sad that Barun might be leaving the show, people should respect his decision regardless of his reasons.  As a true supporter you should not ask him to qualify himself but just support him in his decision.  Every negative article I came across was more saddening than the fact of his leaving.  A true fan is a fan that will support him unconditionally.  For Barun this is his work, if wants to further his goals he has to make a decision that is best for him and his wife.  For us this is just a show that we watch and turn off.  For him this is a life decision and we should respect him for whatever decision he takes.  People do you realize this outpour might be stressing Barun because you are putting him in the middle to choose between his fans or choose a decision that he feels is right for him and his family.   If we truly were thinking about Barun then we should put a stop to all this.  As far as I know he is a smart man, who is able minded to make the right decision for himself.  Let him make it.  After all isn't that the god given right and privilege we give ourselves.  Then why not give him the same respect. 

Edited by jasztrab - 09 November 2012 at 3:43pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

REESHYALMaddyWaddyshabnammm3786786Bonhi_ipkkndleanne_1983saima4744sigridspate22

786786 Groupbie

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
LOVED YOUR POST. I agree with his decision. If i was his wife, and we got married not in the best situation (according to him) and then my husband worked day and night, I would be frustrated and sad that we didn't spend any time behaving like a married couple. I love Barun for picking his married life over his work, I love him for loving his wife so much, I love him for sticking to his decision despite the fact that people might never like him again. I LOVE BARUN. 

And I hope he gets a lot of movies in the future, b/c frankly speaking, doing movies is a little easier than doing daily soaps, you spend a few months making a movie but then you get time for yourself, whereas in a daily soap its the same routine every single day and this routine can even last for years. Maybe, cross-fingers, he'll come back and the show will once again be a hit. Let's accept his decision and hope for the best.

Edited by 786786 - 09 November 2012 at 3:41pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

REESHYALAllliiiyyyashabnammm3rvariergreen_teabdas_G1234_Bonhi_ipkkndsaima4744sigridspate22

trina2010 IF-Rockerz
trina2010
trina2010

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
He needs rest and some extra cozy time with his wife. He deserves it, he should have it. It's his life after all. 
Let him get his desired break, spend time with wifey and family , mom Dad and who knows he might come back.
All the best Sobti

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

REESHYALcebelMaddyWaddyshabnammm3amelia_09arshi_roxmad-eye_G1234_shagun-rocksBonhi_ipkkndipkknd_hazelpinksspreetijaiswal19sigridspate22

flirtatious. IF-Rockerz
flirtatious.
flirtatious.

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
I belive he needs a break too, but 2months? You can not be serious. Even if it was a month that is good, but why 2months...it just does not seem right and fair to others (especially the other cast members!) 

Anyway, I will be with the show right through the end, bas

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shabnammm3bdassigridArshi.Sugi.IPK

Go to top