Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

TOI: Why Daljet decided to stay back

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Why Daljeet decided to stay back in Iss Pyaar...

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Nov 10, 2012, 12.00AM IST
inShare
Read More:Bollywood|Shaleen Bhanot|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon|Daljeet Kaur
Why Daljeet decided to stay back in Iss Pyaar...
Daljeet Kaur
There were rumours of Daljeet Kaur Bhanot quitting her show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. But it seems, that she has put all speculations to rest, by deciding to continue with the show. According to the actor, when she had signed the show, it was titled Didi Ki Sauten where her character was supposed to be the lead. 

"When the shooting began, the title was changed to Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. But I was promised that the story would revolve around me, Arnav (Barun Sobti) and Khushi (Sanaya Irani). In between, I felt the story was deviating and so I decided to quit. But after several talks with the producers and the channel, I was informed that I would be the soul of the show. So I decided to stay back," says Daljeet who wants her career graph to progress and is now satisfied with her role. 

The actor, who got married to Shaleen Bhanot in 2009 when she was at the peak of her career, feels that marriage cannot affect an actor's popularity. "We met on the sets of Kulvadhu and after dating for three years, decided to take the plunge. I don't think marriage can affect your popularity. At the end of the day, you should have someone to share your joys and excitement with," she says. With TV actors doing cameos in B-Town, will she too explore opportunities there? "As of now, I am happy with television. Stardom is not bigger in Bollywood," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HakunaMatata. thumbnail
Now that most of the cast is leaving, she can have as much as screen space she wants and can become the "soul" of IPKKND... ðŸ¥±
Khushh??
Edited by edbelljack - 11 years ago
Safi123 thumbnail
Soul of the show   ðŸ˜•

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Soul of the show? I guess we weren't jumping the guns afterall!  Edited by IshqSufiyana - 11 years ago
_Mansi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Soul of the show...what the!!
Tanumon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
its no more IPKKND,so they can go back to original title DI KI SAUT.just horrible.  i cant take this anymore.pls SP just end the show.
Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail
In what freaking world?
🤣

4 introductory promos and no mention of Anjali. Says it all.
Breeeezy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tanumon

its no more IPKKND,so they can go back to original title DI KI SAUT.just horrible.  i cant take this anymore.pls SP just end the show.

Yeah only Di and Saut(was to be) left in the show 🤣
Jammy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

what the hell is that now!

ArnieBoyBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
it is the same old interview na