Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
I always wondered since my childhood why we celebrate festivals??Day Dreaming

We celebrate festivals because of the traditions laid out by our family and our forefathers for generations, by which we're socially accredited in our society. We blindly follow it as a habit, without questioning why. It's good for the society as festivals bestow a big group of people together, unity complies and a feel of happiness to advert the functions with many families' together results in joyfulness and a sense of well-being in a globe where terrorism is prevalent, festivals and their celebrations are very colorful and preferable.

I dissected significance to celebrate festival from Chemistry, Sociological and Neurological point of view. I really hope I'm making sense by explaining.Wink. Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood the concept.Embarrassed.

The Chemistry of Festivals:- The fluxing of various castes of people from different walks and cultures of society, to form new traditions. E.g., Ganesh Chaturthy, was only celebrated by the Marathis of Maharashtra, now all the castes are cognizant of the Lord Ganesha and celebrate along with them. The chemistry of festival bestows about the gratification of partaking cultures, of all festivals and festivity. Festivals also postulate the partaking of food together of different tribes of people. In a nutshell, it develops felicitous hormones serotonin to celebrate these festivals.Dancing

Sociology of Festivals:- The divinity of myths we worship.Ermm. It's embedded in the writings and scriptures from the starting of the religious norms related to the festivals. e.g. the Puranas or the Sacred BOOKS like GITA. The Mahabharata and Ramayana are also sociological books which elucidate the traditions of festivals, as Deepavali and Ramnavami is celebrated, so are the birthdays and death days celebrated of saints and great people. In a nutshell, it's human nature to relate with other people and to commune with them as one in the festival.Big smile

Neurology of Festivals:- It's a radiated topic.Shocked. Here the traditional usance of cult of Relics is planted. We've Cross of Christianity, the Om and Swastika signs. A denotation between ego and secular epitome is accomplished. The symbols are very sacred and worn by people to defend them, as followed and part of festivals. I can't expressed all this here as festivals are compiled from the time of Manu. In a nutshell, it keeps one's sanity in ascertain that after one year of hectic work, we've a fest as a fresh air breather.Party

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011tuh1shehjarDeebzFizak-SamiR--Ayeshi-Juna04-Liebe-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why we celebrate Festivals?" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Fizak

Goldie

Fizak

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
res. meri raat rani.[B][/B] ROFL main yet baat kal puri karogi. hope u won't mind. and remember I still ----------- you Evil Smile

Edited:
According to me I celebrate it becoz its a correlation cofficient of many heartsHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart. For me its not a celebration of one or two days...As I celebrate it one or other alternate days...with so many festivals in a queueClapClapClapClapClap...Its basically taking time from our busy schedules, differences & all above religion to come together & spend time.Star

Edited by Fizak - 09 November 2012 at 11:32pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shehjar-SamiR--Ayeshi--Amli-

shehjar

Goldie

shehjar

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
kya amli aaj festival celebration wala hathoda ..Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR--Ayeshi--Amli-

SwerveBae

IF-Sizzlerz

SwerveBae

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
this.. must be the most boring shit i've ever read.
but you're my wife, so i have to deal with your nothing worth nonsenseApproveHeart

- just kidding puttar, i actually found it very interesting. Day Dreaming

Edited by Superman. - 09 November 2012 at 1:15pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR--Ayeshi-UMDU-Amli-

-SamiR-

Goldie

-SamiR-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Interesting take on festivals ami! Star

I think every festival has its own significance, and some may focus on one of the aspects you have mentioned more than others. But in general, I agree with the reasons you mentioned: festivals are a chance for the community to get together and have a shared experience, and they also let us connect with our past traditions, revered personalities, and collective history, which we greatly value.

I didn't fully understand the neurological POV though Confused

Also, from an economic perspective, they can be a great boon. Spending money via gifts, special worship, decorations, etc. is part of almost all festivals.

On the topic of festivals, wish everyone a joyous diwali in advance! Smile  Party

-Ayeshi-UMDU-Amli-

-Ayeshi-

IF-Dazzler

-Ayeshi-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Nice analysis Ami di...!!!Thumbs Up I had to read the neurology part three times to understand...!!!LOL Very innovative angles to describe festivals...!!! Cool
I think the most wonderful thing about all festivals is we spend our time n have fun all together which we cant usually due to our works and busy lives n also for a moment we forget all negative aspects in life and share our happiness with everyone...!!! Smile

-SamiR-UMDU-Amli-

Juna04

IF-Rockerz

Juna04

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Ami your scientific analysis of festivals is very interesting but I would say the same things that SamiR mentioned in his post.  The first 2 are easy to follow and understand and makes sense but the 3rd neurology of festivals... mere sar se upar gayaWacko

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR--Amli-

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Oh teri.. Everyone finding difficult to understand neurological analysis of the festival..Geek..I made it complex like our brain.ROFL.

Anyway, In simple terms..It's all about self-introspection where you've to make statistical data how you'd spend your life in past 1 year - what you've gain, what you've lost and decide what you wanna achieve in next year -- resolution. Personally, I celebrate festivals from this POV only..Approve..

Thank you all for the replies..Big smile

Edited by ami_dabh - 09 November 2012 at 5:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.