Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

BasherzAT#21 The Fat Lady..not yet Dori 21 open - Page 52

Frigate thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: McNinja

But thats why I love this bashers AT. We can be poles apart in opinions but say what we think without getting shoes thrown at us. ðŸ˜†

But what you mentioned makes sense. I dont know if anyone here watches the American version of The Office(best show ever) but when Steve Carrel left there was a similar cry for ending the show without him. People weren't ready to see a new boss in place of Steve. They made his character leave with his gf and another character, Andy took over as boss. The show wasn't the same, lost its viewers but this season is has gotten a lot better.  BUT it still lost so many viewers that the channel decided to axe if after this year. So in the end, the show hurt.

But Steve had left to do movies as well as have some more free time. His movies went onto do great. Of course, Steve is a great actor and a veteran in the industry. but his role in The Office was his mos successful I would say. Even though fans were upset, he had given 8 years to the show so fans coudlnt blame him for not being dedicated. We understood and his movies/career werent hurt. 

In Barun case, can we say he was dedicated to the show? Its been what 15 months he's given us and already we can see inconsistency in his acting, he looks bored sometimes, and rarely looks like ASR any more. Can we say he gave it his all til the end? 

But like you said, people have a short memory. I was one of the people who said I cant watch The Office without Steve in it but I continued to watch it and still enjoy it. So who knows, it may work out for him. Barun needs to work on some more acting skills and bag some really good roles if he wants to have a chance. 

I used to watch office the first couple of seasons, I think... Then kids happened ðŸ˜ƒ. Now, I rarely watch any show live or TiVo. I end up watching reruns (like big bang theory), or rent it from Netflix the next year (like "homeland" or "24"). I used to watch ER... Can't tell you how many actors left and they introduced new ones. It still was a great show!
That's why I have been saying, if Barun wants to leave, he should! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Bashers good morning...so what is the latest update on our drama??? Is SP blacklisting BS, if so then his career is definitely in the dumps. Edited by shar1988 - 11 years ago
Nishitarao thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ipkknd_2011

@BOLD: A PR that is no good! I have not seen it functioning effectively so far? 
All I hear is the answers people are getting when they call SP. Has SP issued an official statement? Even one, regarding this issue?

Oh absolutely! But they have someone answering the phone and e-mails.. which is not the case with the other two. 

I am not defending SP. Even if they are telling the truth, they are probably doing it for their own selfish reason. 

I have a feeling that nobody is innocent/victim in this. Everybody is looking after their needs. That is why we are getting 3 different versions.
McNinja thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nishitarao

@Siri.. no the Sahara niece's theory is not even worth calling a rumor

@Mehak. The kid refuses to use her brain
I am saying the rumor is logical because, If we remember, When Mishti told us that Barun has put his papers down, she also said he has been offered another movie and he has still not decided whether to take up that offer or not. If the PH once again allows him to take a break, he will not leave the show. 
Then SP kept telling that BS is not leaving and the show is safe at least until feb 2013. (Probably coz they thought they could make a better deal with him) 
BS probably  didn't agree.. 
Blacklist part may not be true.. but why would they tell the fans the he quit when he himself is saying that he is taking a break? Doesn't it benefit them if they just went with his claims..Fans could at least continue wathcing the show hoping that he would return some day.

My theory is, both BS lied about the break part  because he doesn't want to upset his fans for leaving the show for yet another movie and PH probably backed him on that  coz they want audience to continue watching but SP didn't want to lie to the viewers for whatever reasons (may be they are afraid they'll lose their credibility. Unlike BS and 4Lions, SP has a PR)

Only thing is, Barun doesn't have any movie offers right now. Not even one let alone the 3 people talk about. Latest is that he had one a few months ago he rejected(form a bashers sources)

But SP is ruthless with their shows. They run a tight ship..maybe they were tired of giving into one guys needs. but still, is Barun that stupid...to piss off a channel like SP before he makes it big? I mean ASR is his biggest role so far...actors would kill to be in his position with the international fame. He may suck at PR, interviews but he isn't an idiot...I HOPE. 

Honestly, I don't know any more. There is a lot going on behind scenes and none of them are innocent. I don't know who started the mess but I do believe that the PH and Barun made it worse with how they are handling it. 

Nishitarao thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shar1988

Hey Bashers good morning...so what is the latest update on our drama??? Is SP blacklisting BS, if so then his career is definitely in the dumps.

That is the new rumor. I don't know if it is true..but SP can really afford to do that if they want. It all depends on how BS handled with the channel. I hope for his sake, he didn't screw up that meeting.
S111 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hey everyone !
They're showing rerun of SPA last year in US.   I'm watching that right now ...missing those days of IPK. IPK bagged 6 awards in the first few months itself ... Really the PH , the actor no one realizes what heights this show has reached ... Doesn't make sense why would anyone from the team want to hurt such a great show that gave all of them so much in life ...unbelievable
Frigate thumbnail

Oh absolutely! But they have someone answering the phone and e-mails.. which is not the case with the other two. 

I am not defending SP. Even if they are telling the truth, they are probably doing it for their own selfish reason. 

I have a feeling that nobody is innocent/victim in this. Everybody is looking after their needs. That is why we are getting 3 different versions.

Smeone said that the people answering the calls are at some remote call center! They are just asked to say whatever it takes to get the party on the phone, off! Think about it... Of all the people that claim they called SP office, has one person said that the customer service agent said anything negative? No!  But, have they all been saying the same thing? No! How can that be? My conclusion is the customer service agents are clueless and have been thrown out to be the gatekeepers! Its shameful that not one SP executive has come out to give a statement and not one person from the PH has done it, but Barun has had to. It looks like they found the easiest scapegoat to throw under the bus!
Edited by ipkknd_2011 - 11 years ago
Frigate thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shar1988

Hey Bashers good morning...so what is the latest update on our drama??? Is SP blacklisting BS, if so then his career is definitely in the dumps.

Hola Shar! Just more rumors. I have lost hope of ever getting a straight answer from any concerned party!
McNinja thumbnail

That is the new rumor. I don't know if it is true..but SP can really afford to do that if they want. It all depends on how BS handled with the channel. I hope for his sake, he didn't screw up that meeting.

Agree. Being blacklisted by a channel like SP isnt pleasant. 

Especially when your chances at bollywood are slim. And depended on your popularity as ASR. 

Phangurls may stick with him for a couple more years but the thing with phangurls is once they grow out of that hormonal age, they forget you. I mean just think about all the boy band groups we drooled over when we were 15. He needs to work on getting more than just a phangurl following. And acting like an idiot during this mess isnt helping him. 
jules thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Gud morning!!!

Do I even bother asking whatsssup up?