Qubool Hai

Is anyone else having a hard time accepting Zoya? - Page 4

cutelilshortie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

The loud and annoying is irritating but for me what I really hated was her characterisation as disrespectful and uncultured. When she told Asad to go chuck the can away I was like are you being serious? It makes me feel personally, that western girls are like that when we are not. I would never tell a host to go chuck my can away. It doesn't even have to do with her characterisation of messy anymore because that is just plain rude. I understand he was chastising her and she wanted to spite him, but in that situation I would have just grabbed the can and chucked it away with attitude, instead of being overtly rude.  

I think personally it's a bit of a 4 lion's thing too, to characterize women as over the top. I just don't understand why they can't have limits. Yes, it's ok to be loud, bubbly and talkative, but why take it to such an extent where the character is nothing less than a caricature. I loved the Zoya in their first meeting, I was like she is going to be my favourite Indian TV character, albeit her recent antics are proving me wrong.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshdb thumbnail
 I too like the "idea" of Zoya. she is indeed very much dif. from other tv serial characters. that is what her character is made off. the actress is doing just fine...  r is 
niyatibansal thumbnail
first i also didnt lyk zoya but as people saying dat its demand of charactr nd asad therapy etc etc..so acc to me dat dis girl is purely impractical...i mean yaar who 18-19yr old girl shows dis type of childish behaviour in othr's house..like on chair...thing..grow up zoya...
I like everything in this serial except zoya..
naz2247 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
She simply overreacts...for which she is louder than she is supposed to be ðŸ˜¡
Sanju_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I have to really agree with you on this now...I act like a baby at my home...am always saying something funny and make my family laugh...but I am always calm, sober when I go to somebody else's house but Zoya was behaving the same as she always does at Asad's house as well and yes, I was quite irked by Zoya's behavior😕..I like her too...I love that she is different from all other female leads but they should at least make her behavior realistic...no matter how bubbly and frank one is, one is mostly calm at somebody else's house!! one doesn't ask "you sit on that chair...I sat here first" and all such things😕
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: simran1285

I am not liking Zoya's character at all. There is a difference between being loud and being ignorant. I find Zoya as very rude and ill-mannered. I respect her views because I myself am a feminist, but she is so crass. I think they have overdone it with her character. Not to compare, but characters like Geet and Khushi have been loud but they had manners, they knew how to behave when in company especially as a guest. The whole scene with Asad and Zoya was really hard to fathom.

I have been raised in the U.S. and even I am loud, but I know my limits... Zoya's character is very forced and unreal. 

So to answer your question, I am having a very hard time accepting Zoya and I have been forwarding all her scenes. I still cannot feel the chemistry between Zoya and Asad...that spark is totally missing.

i totally agree i cant see the chemistry between zoya and asad yet either...i think the actress should take some vocal classes bc there is something about her pitch that rly bothers me. and in general i have a hard time watching her and everything she does.  i still cant get over the pizza in bed thing. 

the writers still have time, they shud rly do something about her character. i think they shud also give us some kind of a romantic scene between asad n zoya just so we can all kinda see the chemistry. right now even their fights are just zoya forcing them to fight
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks guys. im glad its not just me.  im hoping zoya gets better bc i like everything else about this show. right now zoya is the only negative
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
Shez new..shell settle in and handle the character well with time !
RACHA90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I think she acts like that towards Asad because of their previous interactions...you know..she is a little irked by him 
JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Zoya's perfectly fine to me. She's loud, obnoxious, free, cheerful and lively and I love it lol. I guess she can be annoying at times but then I think she's like this because she's had no parental influence in her life. There was no one to discipline her and teach her manners, tell her what to do and what not to do. So I think it's reasonable that she's being childish in someone else's house. She never learned. Plus it's Asad's house.. she dislikes him like crazy so she'll stay being that way. Simply because it's him lol. Im sure if it was someone else she wouldnt have argued back about calling dibs on the room and chair.
Behind all these qualities, though, she's wonderfully lovable and sweet. ðŸ˜Š
Edited by JPRules - 11 years ago