India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

My 2 cents

ARCH21 Senior Member
ARCH21
ARCH21

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged
I am from the media industry and as I read through IF and now heard BS's interview; few things come to mind - 

1. In a situation like this where a show has a huge following and the lead actor quits and fans react, first few things that a channel will always do is get the actor to connect with the audience - 
- written interviews
- radio interviews 
- personalized articles
Etc
Audience feels you are in some way hearing from the actor. This is better than complete and confusing silence. 

Then channel cautiously continues with the show, gives some good episodes, pleases the audience and calms down the uproar to some extend. The inevitable happens anyways but when it happens, the audience is not in screaming mode. Audience might be in the mood to wait n see... Then. If a good story can be formed, audience might continue watching although not with the same passion. Bt then there are many shows that have nothing great to show but have completed more than 1000 episodes. The Trps come from different set of audience. 

What everyone wants to avoid right now is a PR mess and if any drastic decision is taken now, it will be knee jerk so the only option right now is to calm down the fans to some extend and that can happen through regular connection with the stars - Baruntoday, Sanaya next Friday!!!! 

Rest is all viewership, Trps and business  as usual anyways. 

So given some time, we might cool down and accept the inevitable and then Both channel & PH can do what they want Nyways. 

If we want an immediate reaction, the calls, emails etc should not stop... Only continuous pressure will get us the response we deserve. Without this, the channel and PH might lose a set of fans but they will not lose its regular audience and business goes on. 

At least let them not insult our intelligence. The current actions are just tactics and not real. Good PR strategy though. 
Basically, the show is over. Barun has quit. And Star has lost a set of fans. 
Life continued !!!!

Edited by ARCH21 - 09 November 2012 at 10:58am

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

suecarsweta93Chunki71dreamscomes2006craziefanMysterious_sArchana89Archu61ifsaal044Erika1trishy13prathikriTheSmurfsAnarocksickmints23arshi_karishtemperance12Sunshine GirlArnieBoyBarun

boyznaka IF-Rockerz
boyznaka
boyznaka

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged
wait wait wait

wt r u trynna convey vryone?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasi

ArnieBoyBarun IF-Stunnerz
ArnieBoyBarun
ArnieBoyBarun

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:28am | IP Logged
whatever you said is reality, they are just trying to calm down. Out of the blue in the last two days barun started giving interviews, but i think that was for the UK trip. Whatever we fans should not stop what we are doing now.

Edited by dkatmala - 09 November 2012 at 10:34am
ARCH21 Senior Member
ARCH21
ARCH21

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by boyznaka

wait wait wait

wt r u trynna convey vryone?

Pls don't get me wrong.
What I am saying is don't get distracted with some interviews and stop the fight if we believe. I say we as I am part of that fan base as well. 
Like some one else here also said, 'come back n focus'. 

We will either walk away from the show or watch it for the last few episodes but that does not change the fact that there are unanswered questions and channel & PH house's incorrect way of dealing with the fan base. Come clean is all we ask but what they are doing is classic PR crisis management. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

trishy13AnarocksickArnieBoyBarun

Erika1 Goldie
Erika1
Erika1

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
This is exactly what's going on right now, very good post and points. It is inevitable.
Anarocksick IF-Rockerz
Anarocksick
Anarocksick

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:30am | IP Logged
This makes a lot of sense.

I knew they were trying to do this here.

But WTH... I'm not gonna watch it anyway after he leaves for his "break". I don't care if he comes back or not. Coz I'm done with the bullshit story.

Archana89

Mysterious_s Senior Member
Mysterious_s
Mysterious_s

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged
vry gud post  ur right  

ArnieBoyBarun

ARCH21 Senior Member
ARCH21
ARCH21

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Erika1

This is exactly what's going on right now, very good post and points. It is inevitable.

Yes, it is inevitable. We either decide to let things be and move on with life or demand some answers. PH's need to get a bit professional so things don't come to this stage. 

Go to top