Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Moral of Samudra Manthan..Picture @ page 2 (Page 4)

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Reshama.

Am happy to see u again ..u always have a diffrent point of vieuw of stories. Hope u can answer my next questions too. Thanks in advance..Why Vishnu favored the Devtas most of the times? Why didnt Shiv and Brahmha helped the asurs out..they have been tricked.. Asurs did also the hard work and working from Vasuki's head..i cant believe that all the asur who were present then were evil ..not all asurs were barbarians.

I think Kkr531 - Krishna - had addressed this in some previous threads, which I'd have to look for.  Yeah, not all asuras were barbarians, and actually, in mythology, the barbarians were described differently - as Yavanas, Mlechchas and Turashkas.  The asuras were an established part of the religious orders of the time, and had their own customs and rituals.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Reshama.

.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz
.Reshama.
.Reshama.

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by .Reshama.

Am happy to see u again ..u always have a diffrent point of vieuw of stories. Hope u can answer my next questions too. Thanks in advance..Why Vishnu favored the Devtas most of the times? Why didnt Shiv and Brahmha helped the asurs out..they have been tricked.. Asurs did also the hard work and working from Vasuki's head..i cant believe that all the asur who were present then were evil ..not all asurs were barbarians.

I think Kkr531 - Krishna - had addressed this in some previous threads, which I'd have to look for.  Yeah, not all asuras were barbarians, and actually, in mythology, the barbarians were described differently - as Yavanas, Mlechchas and Turashkas.  The asuras were an established part of the religious orders of the time, and had their own customs and rituals.
thx..do u have a link if sites were i can read these facts? thanks in advance...=]
Arnav90 IF-Stunnerz
Arnav90
Arnav90

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:07am | IP Logged
Nice Post
varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged

For one thing, I go by the Dashavatar theory and that too chronologically - M, K, V, N, V, P,... and not by SB's 22 avatar theory, where Vyasa rather narcissistically makes himself one of the avatars.  

Vrish-

Interestingly,  Vyasa does not label himself as one of Vishnu's avatars. This was done by Suta Ugrasrava, when probably overwhelmed by Guru Bhakti.

The narration of Vishnu's 22 avatars comes in the third Adhyaya of the first Skanda. In the first chapter the rishis of Naimisharanya ask Suta Ugrasrava to narrate to them the SB as he had heard it from Shukhdeva. In the second chapter, Ugrasrava after paying obeisance to Shukkdeva, Narayana, Saraswati and Vyasa, gives some general gyan. In the third chapter, he lists the 22 avatars of Vishnu, including Vyasa in the list.

So far, in fact -till the end of the first skanda it is just conversation b/w Suta and the Naimisharnya rishis. SB proper has not started yet.

The second skanda begins with Parikshit's questions to Shukhadeva during the course of which Shukhdeva once again lists the 22 avatars ( Chapter 7), including Vyasa among them (verse 36, Ch 7, Sk 2). But SHukhdeva says, this list was narrated - not by Vyasa himslef but by Brahma while talking to Narada.

So Vyasa couldn't probably help if his son and disciple catapulted him to avatarhood. LOLLOL
But he didn't deny it either. Confused

Edited by varaali - 18 November 2012 at 11:21pm
anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 3:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by anu rulz

well Mahadev did say everone will get what they deserve..and if tht iten went to another person, it wud get destroyed...so the items were fairly distributed..bt the Asurs were cheated of the Amrit..of which am sure Mahadev will have an explaination... and i hope its good...coz personally i feel, a pompous idiot like Indra deserves it much lesser thn King Bali...

Anu

Welcome here.  First time I'm seeing you in a mytho discussion.  Actually, this story has been pretty twisted in this serial - samudra manthan was exclusively a Vishnu project, and Vishnu had no qualms about cheating the asuras, whereas Mahadev and Brahma were generally fair.

Mahadev's only role in this story was coming there and having the halahal - after which his role ended.  It's therefore strange to see Samudra Manthan shown in this serial, since Mahadev's was just a cameo appearance.
hello Vrish..actually i used to watch mytho shows mostly as a kid and the last show prior to this was probably Om Namah Shivaya on DD..thereafter found a lot of drama more than mytho on tv so stopped watching and shifted to books instead like Krishnavtar..bt DKDM seemed interesting, so started following it..discrepencies continue bt overall i liked the fact tht Sati was given her due and focussed on.. great to see u again..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 20 November 2012 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Okay, Varaali, Vyasa wasn't narcissistic if he didn't himself write himself into avatarhood.  But like you noted, he should have prevented his sons/disciples from getting carried away.

Anyway, the gist of my point was that the SB account of this story is not consistent w/ itself, since SB puts Kurma avatar b4 Narasimha, which then begs the question of how.  Yeah, one could try & explain it away as 2 overlapping Kalpas, but that then defies the concept of time as a 1 dimensional metric.  If SB and its authors were the only source of something, such as the life of Krishna, it's one thing, but if it is one of several sources of something else, the other sources - in this case Vishnu Puranas - would get precedence over it simply b'cos of the inherent inconsistencies in the story.

In the DBSK forum, in one of my last posts, I had noted that - particularly the contrast b/w the Mahabharata account of Krishna's & Pandavas' end vs the one in SB.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index