Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Not talking with Sapna is Salman's Right move or.. Note (Page 4)

Poll Question: Not talking with Sapna is Salman's Right move or wrong?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
190 [88.37%]
25 [11.63%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

taurusbb Goldie
taurusbb
taurusbb

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Originally posted by taurusbb

Generally, when a host/hostess of a house treats a guest that comes to his/her house abrasively, it reflects badly on the host not on the guest. Then of course, this is India where Salman is worshipped by billions...so people won't think twice of his actions. 

IMHO - This is not a house where the host feeds his guest and says Athithi Devo Bhava. This is a reality show, so host need not bow and kowtow to rude participants.

No one is asking the host to kowtow in front of anyone but a little politeness wouldn't hurt him. The fact is Salman started the rude game right from the first week itself, first to Kashif, then to Sapna then to Aseem. Now this has escalated beyond anyone's control. So we're seeing the consequences now. I don't blame anyone else for behaving rudely back at him. As a host, he should have known better than to stray away from neutrality in the first week itself.

This is not a cricket match where the umpire is supposed to be stiff upper lip and neutral. This is a no holds barred reality show - the host's duty is to provoke, tease, taunt and to bring life into the show. Had Salman behaved like Sanjay Dutt, this show would have been dead by now!! Salman has every right as a host to treat participants as he likes. It is a test of their skill how they respond!! Do they deal with him logically or throw tantrums?  Sapna had every right to be frank and to take on Salman, but she was downright rude!! Look at Siddhu, even when Salman taunts he still handles him with aplomb!! Sapna lacked maturity and that's why things have deteriorated!!

Edited by taurusbb - 09 November 2012 at 10:40am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Diya510Bottom_Lineuscgirlnaneta.Senorita.

Nkapoor3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

astenuscgirlnaneta-shabz-.Senorita.

Khushi. IF-Sizzlerz
Khushi.
Khushi.

JJJKJF Banner Contest Winne

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged

Generally, when a host/hostess of a house treats a guest that comes to his/her house abrasively, it reflects badly on the host not on the guest. Then of course, this is India where Salman is worshipped by billions...so people won't think twice of his actions. 

IMHO - This is not a house where the host feeds his guest and says Athithi Devo Bhava. This is a reality show, so host need not bow and kowtow to rude participants.

No one is asking the host to kowtow in front of anyone but a little politeness wouldn't hurt him. The fact is Salman started the rude game right from the first week itself, first to Kashif, then to Sapna then to Aseem. Now this has escalated beyond anyone's control. So we're seeing the consequences now. I don't blame anyone else for behaving rudely back at him. As a host, he should have known better than to stray away from neutrality in the first week itself.

This is not a cricket match where the umpire is supposed to stiff upper lip and neutral. This is a no holds barred reality show - the host's duty is to provoke, tease, taunt and to bring life into the show. Had Salman behaved like Sanjay Dutt, this show would have been dead by now!! Salman has every right as a host to treat participants as he likes. It is a test of their skill how they respond!! Do they deal with him logically or throw tantrums?  Sapna had every right to be frank and to take on Salman, but she was downright rude!! Look at Siddhu, even when Salman taunts he still handles him with aplomb!! Sapna lacked maturity and that's why things have deteriorated!!
Sorry to poke my nose in between but I also would want to say something about this because I feel this " Hosts should be neutral" thing is worth a debate-

I would just wanna add something here ,When we talk about neutrality of a host we also must not contradict ourselves. I remember how last season when Sanju Baba was proving to be the most neutral host ever it was us ( including me) who was totally pissed off with this behavior of him and we all wanted him to take a stand..to speak up! This season also when Kashif was about to hit Sapna , I am sure almost all of us would have cursed him for not saying anything to Kashif but if we ask for neutrality from a host then we shouldn't have expected Sallu to say anything to Kashif and chat with him about the day and the night!

I believe neutrality varies from one to another. A group of people say Sapna is right , the other group says Sidhu is right(just an example) so the defination of neutrality will obviously vary for both of these groups..how can anyone expect Sallu to be neutral and also satisfy the wants of each group? Weird!

P.S- When I say this I don't mean that the host has the right to be rude for NO reason with anyone but if the "guest" is rude then I don't think the host should follow a " Aththi Devo Bhavo" idea either.Smile

Edited by Khushi. - 09 November 2012 at 10:42am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

astenBottom_Linetaurusbbuscgirlsaarahkhannnaneta.Senorita.

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:42am | IP Logged

This is not a cricket match where the umpire is supposed to stiff upper lip and neutral. This is a no holds barred reality show - the host's duty is to provoke, tease, taunt and to bring life into the show. Had Salman behaved like Sanjay Dutt, this show would have been dead by now!! Salman has every right as a host to treat participants as he likes. It is a test of their skill how they respond!! Do they deal with him logically or throw tantrums?  Sapna had every right to be frank and to take on Salman, but she was downright rude!! Look at Siddhu, even when Salman taunts he still handles him with aplomb!! Sapna lacked maturity and that's why things have deteriorated!!

Yes, Sapna lacked maturity and Sapna was rude. I'm not denying that. Sapna's negative attributes are as clear as daylight to me. But in no way was Salman a saint  and in no way is his behavior excused on the sole account of being a host. He started it. She ended it. Plain and simple. And let me copy paste my post again since you seem to have missed it. Salman did not start acting rude for no reason this season. He was always a rude host. 

So yea, since we're on the topic of Salman behaving dismissively with the contestants, then let's not forget that Sapna  isn't the only one who came under his fire.

He was equally abrasive with Shakti Kapoor. He refused to acknowledge him on stage. What for? For the past casting couch scandal? As a host, shouldn't he have put that behind and played to the gallery, show some unbiased respect instead? Same with Pooja Bedi. She wasn't even allowed to show up on the finale. Same with Kashif, Aseem, Sapna. So yea, Salman's rude behavior did not spring up out of no where this season. It was always there. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

taurusbbOmnipotence-Chandramukhi-

Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nkapoor3

It does not reflect negatively on Sapna at all. If a host cannot put his personal vendetta aside and treat a contestant as one, then that is on the host, not the contestant. When people come to your house, do you sit there in silence and let them do whatever you want? Or do you talk to them politely and/or confront them if need be?

Yea thought so. 

P:S: I am speaking in general terms, I haven't watched today's episode so don't know how Salman or Sapna behaved for it to come to this. 
excuse me?? It was Sapna who decided to not talk to him in the last episode, so now why are u charofying at Salman? Bechara baat kare tau problem na kare tau problem!

Did you not say you were ignoring my posts. So why don't you stick to your words. I have no intention of riding the merry go around with you again. I'd rather argue/debate with sane people. Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Omnipotence-Chandramukhi-

theinternetnerd Newbie
theinternetnerd
theinternetnerd

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:43am | IP Logged

And since we're on the topic of Salman behaving dismissively with the contestants, then let's not forget that Sapna  isn't the only one who came under his fire.

He was equally abrasive with Shakti Kapoor. He refused to acknowledge him on stage. What for? For the past casting couch scandal? As a host, shouldn't he have put that behind and played to the gallery, show some unbiased respect instead? Same with Pooja Bedi. She wasn't even allowed to show up on the finale. Same with Kashif, Aseem, Sapna. So yea, Salman's rude behavior did not spring up out of no where this season. It was always there. 

I think that's what makes him an entertaining host: he doesn't follow what would be the "rules" of hosting such a show. 

Way too many people would toe the line just for the sake of it. That Salman doesn't, in my opinion, makes his appearances very entertaining. Whether that is good or bad is subjective; in fact, in Aseem's case, you can say it was unjustified however, in Sapna's case, I don't think so. She has explicitly told him she doesn't want to talk, so I wouldn't bend over backwards to try are get her to talk. That doesn't make you any better a host.

Also: no, I don't think he has been a rude host. Just someone who won't try and put nonsense like such past him. No one I think does, and it's only humane. He's just showing these on the television—and I agree with you that a host *should* have put all of this behind and not be rude but then that would make him just another host. 

Edited by theinternetnerd - 09 November 2012 at 10:46am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

astenChillHumsaarahkhannChameli_billi

-naureen786- IF-Sizzlerz
-naureen786-
-naureen786-

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged
He was right for the very first time!! Sapna covered her mouth with black clothe!! She indirectly hinted Salman that she dont want to talk with her!! Then why Salman will talk to her!! 

Edited by sweetrahz - 09 November 2012 at 10:52am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Bottom_Lineuscgirlnaneta-shabz-Khushi..Senorita.

Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by theinternetnerd

And since we're on the topic of Salman behaving dismissively with the contestants, then let's not forget that Sapna  isn't the only one who came under his fire.

I think that's what makes him an entertaining host: he doesn't follow what would be the "rules" of hosting such a show. 

Way too many people would toe the line just for the sake of it. That Salman doesn't, in my opinion, makes his appearances very entertaining. Whether that is good or bad is subjective; in fact, in Aseem's case, you can say it was unjustified however, in Sapna's case, I don't think so. She has explicitly told him she doesn't want to talk, so I wouldn't bend over backwards to try are get her to talk. That doesn't make you any better a host.

I agree with you. Salman is an entertaining host. In fact, I do enjoy his one liners. He was good in season 4 and when Sanjay Dutt took over season 5, I did miss Salman's commentary. However, you don't have to abrasive to be an entertaining host. Salman was quite abrasive with Shakti Kapoor, Kashif, Sapna, Aseem and Pooja Bedi. That was unrequired. That's my main bone of contention with Salman.

Edited by Dexterkilaila - 09 November 2012 at 10:46am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHum-Chandramukhi--shabz-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index