Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 121 Discussion: 9th Nov 2012 (Page 16)

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

1. Realization through dreams that you are falling in love is quiet realistic. Especially with strong minded people. Ask me...until I dreamt and looked an idiot to myself, I wouldn't believe that I need to do something about it.
  2. Love confession...needs guts, a time, a mood etc...so we need to be totally convinced before we may think of verbalizing it.

So RK's dreams, hallucinations or Madhu's dreams are actually good developments.

What I really want them after these softening and warming tracks is for them to take initiative to remove pillows. Its going to be very difficult and embarrassing for either of them...so I am having difficulty imagining, who will take the initiative and how they will do it.  This will be symbolic of them removing their nafrat ki deewar pretension...

Confessions to uske baad bhi ho sakta hai.Wink

I agree with the dreams/hallucinations - at first when I saw that Madhu was actually going to dream saying those three words I was little unsure of how I was feeling about it but the more I think about it and especially after reading some comments about it, I'm okay with it because as you said it's a good way for her to start acknowledging her feelings.  An actual confession of love is still a long ways off for these two.  

I went back and rewatched the press conference scene, I've been going back and rewatching a lot of the old scenes the past couple weeks to be honest, and I find all the things that he says during the press conference very interesting in light of what's actually happening now.  

As far as the dogs.. er.. pillows are concerned, I wonder if the removal of the pillows will just happen unconsciously on both their parts.. It doesn't have to be a big production with one person going about removing the pillows but rather since they're developing feelings for each other and they're more comfortable with each other perhaps one day they'll go to bed and neither of them will think of putting the pillows down.  I'm inclined to believe this is more likely if Madhu is already in bed and RK joins her than the other way around, I don't know why.. I don't think RK is ready for the removal of those pillows on his own just yet.  I mean the man slept with them when his biwi was gone!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagolatekate0-SD-0EnchantedForestleelaa9

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zoya_naziya

Radhaji has always been like that.. She believes in what is thrown at her face.. She does not think that there might be sth else than what is portrayed and it cannot be termed as her naivety.. That is why RK does not like her... Even during the ganpati visarjan, he says to her "Agar aap apnon par vishwas karti toh yeh din na dekhna padta" or sth along those lines... And i suppose, it would be a good lesson for Madhu too as she would realize that there are more than one reason as to why RK detests his mother..

@bold - that line Zoya has forever defined Radhaji for me since he uttered those words and it makes so much sense with what we already know about her.  It'll be interesting to see just how this MIL/DIL relationship changes with these new developments.  When RK continues to stand by his wife is his mother going to become wishy washy again?  It says that she turns against Madhu when they find out but what about afterwards?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0EnchantedForestleelaa9

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Red_Opium

The missing tattoo is bothering me!!!

I have always noticed a tattoo that resembles a star in RK's wrist (Right hand).  That image has been missing ever since the shooting accident, it is not there anymore.  Did the tattoo have any importance or signified anything?  Or the makeup artist forgot to draw it on his wrist before he removed his wound dressing?

You know who has that tattoo now Zoe, Manish Paul lol.. I was watching India's Got Talent, I think it was during last week's episodes, I saw he had a similar star on his wrist and I'm like.. so that's where RK's tattoo disappeared to lol

Honestly though, it's sloppyness on the continuity front but I just write it off as perhaps the tattoo was only there for the role he was playing and nothing more.  Since he's no longer filming he no longer has the temp tattoo.  He hasn't had it since before the shooting, at least I haven't noticed it since then.  I could be wrong but I think the last time I clearly remember seeing it is during the Madhu moving into RK's room sequence.  

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Red_Opium0-SD-0EnchantedForestleelaa9

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Originally posted by Gurtiluv

@shri
I feel RK also takes mini steps to test Madhu and see what she wants. Like the first time he touched her after the apology out of desire she was confused. The second time she knew what he was doing but felt uncomfortable. The third time she too got lost in him. Slow progression and testing is also a very natural thing I have read. don't ask where I learned it. But don't you agree he has been testing her in ways? Also the arm over the waist was that done to mock Madhu or was their personal or physical desire involved in it.

@bold
The hand over waist...to impress two things 1) that she is his property 2) to scare her out of her wits. He was at heights over his vengeful mode. So Madhu's fear gave him the pleasure of the harassed victim.

While I agree SD that RK was definitely more on the creepy side - I kept wondering how in the world this woman was supposed to actually fall in love with this man - at the beginning of their acquaintance I don't really think that his hand over her waist during their first night sharing a bed was meant to be showing that she was his property or to scare her. (We are talking about the hand over the waist in that particular scene right? - if not please ignore the rest of this post)

The couch could not have been comfortable and for the first time in a long time (as per his confession while locked in the studio) RK was going to bed stone cold sober.  He used alcohol to get through his nights and he was having trouble at this point too.  I mean if he was interested in prompting fear in Madhu he would not have said please when he asked her to stay in the bed.  I honestly think that while the decision to climb into bed with her (for whatever reason - he wanted to be close to her, he needed to be close to her in the absence of his alcohol induced haze, or the couch was just too uncomfortable) was made while he was fully in his faculties the arm on her waste was just a simple thing that happens when one is sleeping.  His reaction was super cute, he was almost bothered that she would wake him up to make such a big deal of it.  He was at the heights of his vengeful mode before the night of the party but after the talking to from Radhaji and the night in the studio I don't think he was as driven as before.  I think it was you SD, or perhaps Zoya, that talked about boundaries and where his limits were.  He found his limits that night.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0Maria-capriEnchantedForestleelaa9

dramago Senior Member
dramago
dramago

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Preet,

I think they were talking about when Madhu was working as spot for RK...There is a 
particular scene where Madhu is waiting outside and RK comes out of the van...places 
his arm over Madhu's waist and pulls her closer...SD's analysis is bang on here...RK was
playing a very smart game with fear inducing tactics and he was deriving a very sadistic 
pleasure with just implying and not having to do anything in reality...Madhu was the only
person who had no effect of his superstar status and hence his dominance and propriety over 
her was so important for him at that time...your explanation is right with regards to the scene 
when they were sharing the bed...he wanted neither of them on the couch as it would be 
uncomfortable and laying his hand on her was done in unconscious state... his act was not
intentional  hence,his what's the big deal attitude about it... 

Edited by himbin - 12 November 2012 at 7:16am

PreetD0-SD-0EnchantedForest

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Sona,

>>>>After their marriage he mocked her in two very opposite ways first he pretended like he didn't want to touch because in the suhaag raat he told her she was in not attractive and he could get a girl like her any day. Then in front of society he treated her like his toy or object like threatening to kiss her at a party or put his arm around her waist and telling her to smile. Since any girl should be happy to have a superstar arm around her waist. Both of these methods seemed contradictory to me don't you think. Maybe he used the suhaag raat dialogue as a excuse because he really would force himself on her. We know he is too humaine to do that he can only threaten her the way he did after the massage.

@contradiction as a method is an excellent offense strategy when you are at a war, or playing a game which you have to win. Predictability is doom, and surprise element gives you an edge. So constant change of behaviour is what is inflicted on opponents to gain psychological advantage.

No to Suhaag raat is Mocking marriage. It is not mocking Madhu. It is denying her a status.
Yet physical contact under the licence of Mangal sutra was a permissible action per RK. 
Think of it it when subjected on the victim. Touched without dignity...touched as a property, how outrageous !!!

And later...the massage drama. Wife wants to be wife minus the physicality. And RK lambasts that. Perfectly logical from RK. Madhu knew she was dangerously playing that game those days. Here I would give my cent per cent admiration for Madhu's guts and determination. She set out to achieve what was abohorrable to her. She was trying to do the exact opposite of what RK inflicted on her those early days, trying to treat her as property and suggesting of his rights over her without giving her any rights. So she wanted to deny him his right and bargain her honour out of the deal. It was difficult, but she did it anyways. She was mighty scared for all her actions, even in party she was scared. 
Usually I am all against silly drama. Then why I am supporting Madhu here? Because she was fighting for her Rights. She resigned herself to being the 9th naukar, his property. RK as the gamer was not happy with the game ending and he starts another dirty game of insulting her mother. So time had come to do what was right.

In the hate game between the two, the two things that I liked from Madhu are
1) her four slaps and saying...now this is The End of the story that I started.
2) when she said..."Biwi Biwi kehne ka bahut shauk hai...dekhna ab kaise Biwi banke tumhaari band bajaati hoon"

ROFL  In every sense Madhu taught a big time lesson to RK the arrogant teenager. Look at him now. He was forced to see the sense.

ETA:
I have always maintained that Madhu was wrong to instigate RK into becoming this bad for her and her family when he set out for the revenge drama.
In this regard, I liked how RK tells the next morning after marriage to Madhu...(him boxing and she confronting him) explains to her how lame were her actions out of her ill-informed ideals around virtuosity and righteousness. He ridicules her for her self-righteousness, So that was an excellent lesson to Madhu the romantic teenager. She too is able to see sense after that...slowly.

That's another reason why I like the two people. They are honest, teach each other and learn from each other. They grow in each other's company without compromising the mettle that they are made of. They retain what they are and are able to know what the other is made of.

I am adding the portion here so that contrast is not lost.

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 12 November 2012 at 7:41am

dramagoPreetDEnchantedForest

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PreetD

You know who has that tattoo now Zoe, Manish Paul lol.. I was watching India's Got Talent, I think it was during last week's episodes, I saw he had a similar star on his wrist and I'm like.. so that's where RK's tattoo disappeared to lol

Manish had the tattoo from a long time. I saw it since Jhalak Dikhla ja days. 
I did not notice RK's hand for the tattoo. post accident. I wonder...will keep a watch. Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetD

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Preet,

Hima is right. She explained it all to you on my behalf.
We were talking about holding waist with that song on...tere ishq, tere waqt pe, tere jism pe etc etc bas mera haq hai..

The hand on Madhu on that night in bed...that is pretty normal. With that kind of big sized man and him used to inhabiting his bed in free style every night, how can the man control or train himself just in one night that someone else is sharing his bed. Even if someone is sharing his bed, sleeping besides him...who cares? Wasn't it his bed.

Its very easy to understand RK. Just remove any of kind of conventional pretension. And there we see him the man that he is.

Truly TV dramas promote as if sleeping on couch is comfortable. That's just so lame. Infact for a gym-toned body, how bad it will be to sleep with one side as wall and you cannot even turn properly. Thank God! the guy returned back to bed. I was remembering old black and white movies as old as The Thirty Nine Steps. How the man again comes back to bed after the woman goes to sleep, just because he wanted to have the comfort of the bed. Very naturalistic.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagoPreetD

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index