Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 121 Discussion: 9th Nov 2012 (Page 10)

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soundarya22

Originally posted by Gurtiluv

Great points by both Soundarya and Shri! I just think television needs to get more progressive about showing physical attraction and not show that it is some type some sin to consummate before falling in love. But like Soundarya mentioned RK and Madhu still need figure out whether their friends or does and if their marriage is legit or a contract. But the fact that the Cvs are starting to show physical attraction without a love realization I think is very realistic for Indian tv. But than comes the question due to the circumstances they are in right now how would Madhu and RK feel about it afterwards?

You know, your point reminds me of the recent IF interview with both of them, where VD calls it 'infatuation'...it seemed to me thatinfatuation is the brief given to them at this point..

But DD also said n the same interview...affection. Its infatuation and affection, starters for healthy love story. LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDRed_Opiumapolloartemiszoya_naziyaEnchantedForest-PoisonIvy-leelaa9

EnchantedForest IF-Sizzlerz
EnchantedForest
EnchantedForest

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged
In a way I am desrespecting my own faith my say char fera are not legit because Sikh wedding have char fera around the Guru Granth Sahib but I guess my real poin was the circumstances behind their marriage it was out of revenge from on side and necessity from the other. RK married her to mock her until his feelings for her started to change. They are no in a secure point in their relationship. While I would like it to happen and be portrayed realistically I don't want it to end up like Punar Viviah where Yash goes psycho afterwards. I lost my interest in the show due to Yash's behavior.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDRed_Opiumhansa220-SD-0zoya_naziya-PoisonIvy-leelaa9

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Sona,

Offline talk...since you mentioned Punar Vivah. So you read the ED threads started there by Samana and Jyoti & Co ?  Just to let you know, Samana put us through this habit of ED thread when we were watching Afsar Bitiya together. Its easy manuvering...LOL We all stopped watching AB end of May. Angel(dark) was supposed to watch MEIEJ, but he joined PV. Lot of my AB friends then followed PV, because of Sam. She is that good at enticing people with her write-up. LOL At that time, I decided to be a free bird and hovered over many forums and tried to watch various other stories. And finally now I am settled with MEIEJ. Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDzoya_naziyaEnchantedForest

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged

In a way I am desrespecting my own faith my say char fera are not legit because Sikh wedding have char fera around the Guru Granth Sahib but I guess my real poin was the circumstances behind their marriage it was out of revenge from on side and necessity from the other. RK married her to mock her until his feelings for her started to change. They are no in a secure point in their relationship. While I would like it to happen and be portrayed realistically I don't want it to end up like Punar Viviah where Yash goes psycho afterwards. I lost my interest in the show due to Yash's behavior.

Don't worry there.
In PV, the Mittals built up the story with lot of secrets and misunderstanding related baggages to create drama in a smooth plot. People anticipated that always with lot of lie in the background. 
In MEIEJ - PH keeps drawing people out of closets. They keep disclosing new things, so that leads can fall in love when it is supposedly a hate-marriage. 
Its all in plot construction. This basic difference is what led me not to join my friends at PV. I had too much of heart-break with Mittals DABH. Their way of story telling doesn't suit me. I get hyper. BP actually shoots up.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetDhansa22zoya_naziyaEnchantedForest-PoisonIvy-

EnchantedForest IF-Sizzlerz
EnchantedForest
EnchantedForest

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

<font color="#0000ff" size="2">Sona,</font>

<font color="#0000ff" size="2">Offline talk...since you mentioned Punar Vivah. So you read the ED threads started there by Samana and Jyoti & Co ? Just to let you know, Samana put us through this habit of ED thread when we were watching Afsar Bitiya together. Its easy manuvering...LOLWe all stopped watching AB end of May. Angel(dark) was supposed to watch MEIEJ, but he joined PV. Lot of my AB friends then followed PV, because of Sam. She is that good at enticing people with her write-up.LOLAt that time, I decided to be a free bird and hovered over many forums and tried to watch various other stories. And finally now I am settled with MEIEJ.Tongue</font>

Yup Samana is a sweetheart I am a huge fan of hers and  jyoti's work. I was once a huge contributor to the dragan club or their discussion thread on the Punar Vivan forums. Angel dark is really funny he use to make comic threads using the weakly caps to crack everyone up. I miss the ppl on Punar Vivah forums not the show as much.

Edited by Gurtiluv - 10 November 2012 at 6:23pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PreetD0-SD-0zoya_naziya

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

>>>>if their marriage is legit or a contract. 
The contract is between Shamsher and RK. RK tried to use money power in that, Shamsher retaliated with Physical power. Both have now called it quits. That's why Shanmsher's burying the gun was not a weighing thing for me. Between these two men, the point is not who is moral and amoral. The point was all Madhu. RK wanted to hurt Madhu by making that contract in that hospital that D dat (revenge act by RK at being blackmailed by Madhu with the photographs). Then point was for Shamsher to rescue Madhu out of that contract.
Both men gave closure to this contract in RK''s room and then in Chawl balcony. It was again for RK's word that Madhu should not get hurt in all of this, Shamsher takes it his responsibility to bury the gun.

The 4-phera marriage - Mock aspect - lambasted by Dipali, RK and Madhu
The society doesn't care whether it is 7 phera marriage or 4 phera marriage. everyone has accepted RK as Madu's husband and vice versa. Parents involved.
Then RK's party...though a humiliation for MB, still cemented the marriage in society's eyes. That night RK might have thought he insulted his wife, little did he know that he bound himself to her for life with that ignoble act. Because society that night harshly censured him for ridiculing their institutions and code of conduct. Radhaji became the spokeswoman for society that night he asked RK to atone for his mistake. And next morning we see before media, it as happening. That a couple may have fought in the night, have made up with each other again in the morning.
Closure to society's question.

RK and Madhu's -  weighing
RK telling Dipali ...even if 4-phera that woman is my wife
MB telling Dipali ...even if 4-phera, that man is my husband.
RK telling Padmini before eveyone - Saasuma, aajkal, Biwi aur main, ek doosre ka bahut khayal rakhte hain
RK telling Shamsher - Sati Savitri ban gayi woh mere liye
RK telling Shamsher - Apni Biwi ko 2 din ke liye chod ke jaa raha hoon, uska dil na todiye ga.
And above all - MB asking God for RK's life. Why because she unknowing claimed that much from RK when she stubbornly gave him options to tie mouli, eat modak etc etc. Making God as the context, MB exercised her right as RK's wife in full and RK allowed her to do it. The understanding conversation between the husband and wife takes place in the car. Listen to their dialogues devoid of drama and just about the equation they share, comfortably telling each other what they can seek of each other and where the line is drawn.

Pretty much ...these two have accepted that they are husband and wife. Just a lil strange one...remember ANOKHI KAHANI as said in promos.

How they cement this through festivals
The Ganeshotsav - public present...everyone accepting her as choti bahu
The Mata Rani pooja - Public present - everyone seeing them sitting for pooja
And now Karwachout and Diwali coming up... Whatever Dipali may try to slight about them RK and MB are going to make it all good again through this ceremony.

The marriage was always legit for RK. Always. Though he was never ready for loving his wife.
Hesitation about whether legit marriage became legit through contract for Madhu. That's when she sought Ganesha's help and decided to upgrade her to being RKs wife ...a formidable task, uphill task, scared to death ...she achieved it through her sheer determination and strength.
And she too didn't care for love aspect. All that legitimacy was to honor their hatred.

But Ganesha track, showed both of them, there is God's will too and not just their will. Things changed beyond their comprehension. And eventually they succumbed to it.

Now all they are trying to do is fight the hesitation to fall in love with each other.

So basically what I am saying is...why you girls don't see the marriage as legit yet;  when society, God has sanctioned it for them, they are following rituals and things have improved a lot since RK's near death experience. They both treat each other as hubby and wife.

Shed away reservations...definitions are too binding and limiting when for love and faith, all one needs to do it break away from definitions. That's how we love God. And that's what is Love.

Clap

SD I just wanted to say how much in love with this post I am.  Many of you guys have made some brilliant posts in this thread and I've agreed with much of what is being said while I've been rading it but this one.. I don't know I loved it so much.  How beautifully you explained their marriage.  I've always felt the same way regarding RK, it's always been legit and I feel the same is true for Madhu.  When Madhu agreed to the marriage she saw the Bappa murti on the street and she talks to him about how she knows he must have a plan, the plan has always been for these two meet and fall in love, completing the other.  I don't know I've always seen that whole track bringing this relationship full circle (the Bappa track and RK's lost faith being found again).  RK was angry at Bappa for taking his father away but Bappa is the one that brought Madhu to him, to complete him (in the soulmate sense) - God's Will that you speak of.  

I also LOVED your  "Roothi hoon phir bhi main raazi" explanation.. So spot on!  

Edited by PreetD - 10 November 2012 at 12:16pm

Red_Opiumhansa220-SD-0zoya_naziyaleelaa9

PreetD Senior Member
PreetD
PreetD

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

Don't worry there.
In PV, the Mittals built up the story with lot of secrets and misunderstanding related baggages to create drama in a smooth plot. People anticipated that always with lot of lie in the background. 
In MEIEJ - PH keeps drawing people out of closets. They keep disclosing new things, so that leads can fall in love when it is supposedly a hate-marriage. 
Its all in plot construction. This basic difference is what led me not to join my friends at PV. I had too much of heart-break with Mittals DABH. Their way of story telling doesn't suit me. I get hyper. BP actually shoots up.

My mom was the one that started watching PV and then I joined her one day, and since I recognized GC from the few episodes of Geet I had seen I'm like, I'll give it a go. 
@bold above is exactly why I don't watch it very regularly anymore... I much prefer the way things are done in MEIEJ than in PV, the plot construction. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Red_Opiumhansa220-SD-0zoya_naziya

kodai Groupbie
kodai
kodai

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
SD,  Really loved ur post on legitamacy of their marriage.  

Especially this - 
Hesitation about whether legit marriage became legit through contract for Madhu. That's when she sought Ganesha's help and decided to upgrade her to being RKs wife ...a formidable task, uphill task, scared to death ...she achieved it through her sheer determination and strength.
And she too didn't care for love aspect. All that legitimacy was to honor their hatred.

This story keeps becoming more meaningful and beautiful after reading posts like this one!

PreetDhansa220-SD-0zoya_naziyaleelaa9

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index