Voldemort the fourth scariest character

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

A survey conducted by Amazon has named Lord Voldemort as the fourth scariest children's character from a book.

Bill Sykes from Oliver Twist, Cruella De Ville from 101 Dalmations and The Childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, beat Lord Voldemort.

Quote:

Amazon product manager Wendy Snowdon said, "They are the very stuff of nightmares. Genuinely scary villains stick with us from the first time we read the book as a child."

The under 21s found characters such as the Grand High Witch from The Witches or Voldemort from Harry Potter particularly terrifying.

Men found the mythical literary characters such as Gollum and The White Witch from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe scary.

But women found the bullies such as Bill Sykes twice as scary as the men.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Monaji thumbnail
When I initially started reading HP books... I too was very scared of the Dark Lord...
-misha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Monaji

When I initially started reading HP books... I too was very scared of the Dark Lord...

i am still scared of himπŸ˜†

Morgoth thumbnail

I was never scared of crabby old Voldy. I actually find the "high voice" kind of funny. πŸ˜†

Trelawney going into a trance in the 3rd Movie was scarier, I thought. The modified voice was macabre.

Edited by MysticaMagic - 18 years ago
Monaji thumbnail

I did not mean the movies Mystica...

When I read the books... I was v. scared of Lord Voldemort...

In the movies, I got scared when Dementors were first shown...

daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
 well i think that voldy is very funny and i do not get scared reading about him.................. i just feel exicited
loveneha_r thumbnail
i  was really freaked out when JK rowling introduced the dementors in book 3,  in GOF Voldemort was scary and the thestrals were creepy!
april_angel thumbnail
Really? thats sooo cool! thanks mishπŸ˜ƒ
april_angel thumbnail
i would say the boogymans the first! lol
-misha thumbnail

i am really scraed of voldy πŸ˜•

initially i was even scred of the dementors πŸ˜†