Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:22pm | IP Logged

'I've Opted Out

Actor Rajeev Khandelwal finally quits Kahiin To Hoga

Roshini Oliveria

Times News Network, Mumbai.

Is he in or out? Did he quit the serial or was he kicked out? Questions are rife but answers are lacking. Rajeev Khandelwal, however, remained unfazed and calm in the eye of the storm. "Kicked out? I am shocked at hearing this. I opted out of Kahiin To Hoga," he says adding, "I was told to simply follow whatever stuff I am given and ask no questions. So I felt it was best to part ways. I believe that I have no right to enjoy the love and affection of viewers if I can't perform with conviction. As an actor I have to be convinced about what I am doing."

Rajeev, who plays Sujal in the serial, had threatened to leave the show some months ago. However, after much discussions with the producers (Balaji Telefilms), he was back. "Some people termed it a publicity stunt on my part. I was serious about quiting even then because I felt that the storyline wasn't going anywhere. But at that time somebody senior from Balaji Telefilms had assured me that things would improve."

He defends allegations that he interferes too much in the creative process. "To perforn a scene I need to understand why the character is doing what he is doing. I am not an actor who comes, recites his dialogues and goes."

He is aware that not being in a show anymore will alter his life in a big way. "I am entering a dangerous territory. Very soon I will not be Sujal. But I can't do things that I don't believe in. I haven't left the show for money or for films. I had told Shobha aunty (Ekta Kapoor's mother) that I would be on the show for the next ten years if you keep my interests alive. Pay me half but give me quality was my point," he ends.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pearl.white

hetal IF-Rockerz
hetal
hetal

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
i liked what he said. that's true..that story is going down for sure, and sometime doesnt make sence at all. ekta should had find a new way to solve the whole situation which she didnt. i guess she just didnt want him in her show. whatever...its our loss ...we lost sujal and he's not our sujal anymore. but nobody can take his place ever. thanks for sharing sujalfan!!!
chinti Goldie
chinti
chinti

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
wow....thanx for the info..........very interesting.......now poor thing he doesn't even say nething bad against them....and look wot they are diongAngry
Mrs.Fr.. IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Fr..
Mrs.Fr..

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 12:06am | IP Logged

self respect, and ur position are most important things to keep ur self on the track. what ever he said is cent percent correct.

gud decesin rajeev, bravo!Clap

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Clap  for u Rajeev, for standing up to your convictions and beliefs and not allowing economics to rule your life.  
cloud Groupbie
cloud
cloud

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:48am | IP Logged

I'm with RAJEEV always

Hard Rock Goldie
Hard Rock
Hard Rock

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:29am | IP Logged

Thx Sujalfan...........this is the interview he told me about when I spoke to him............

He needs all our support, wishes and prayers........

Now its our turn to prove ourselves as his true fans.

Sa_sagi Senior Member
Sa_sagi
Sa_sagi

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 6:18am | IP Logged
i am with u Rajeev

Go to top