India-Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!
Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 49)

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Lo...that Big Boss's stupid voice for Fish is asking Rajeev to,"BE A MAN!!...MARD BAN"!!!!!ROFL

Chalo yaar...koi ek naya thread khol hi do! It won't reach 3 pages though-------------------

As Shri Dara Singh Ji used to say,''JAI SHRI RAM---MARD KO DARD NAHEEN HOTA!"LOL

Edited by cruiser51 - 15 November 2012 at 9:17am

akash08 IF-Dazzler
akash08
akash08

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 9:30am | IP Logged
RTH,

Not sure if you have, if not please pick a copy of the book "Men are from MARS, Women are from Venus".

Men and women definitely react differently to same circumstance - there are thousands of examples in this book. People who do not accept this are living in a word of denial.

Science has repeatedly proved that the brain and hormone composition of two genders are different and these are what dictate how we react to a situation. Denying science by playing cards of gender equality is a pure crap!! You write thousand lines of what you think, no supporting evidence by science or study - you (or me) believing in a fact does not prove anything!!

Let us bring gender equality in picture where it is really required - that is for women empowerment, to stop women exploitation and for equal rights of women. Just trying to prove there is no difference between a man and woman is the worst abuse of gender equality - only comparable to the abuse of atomic energy in making atom bombs!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

0o0o0o0o0oLeadNitrate-Cruiser-

kaushikbasu IF-Rockerz
kaushikbasu
kaushikbasu

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Being a scientist myself I can understand where Akash is comming from. Our genetic footprint goes beyond the homo sepians. The males and female genetic traits had been different since the evolution had created from asexul being to sexual being. The equality of sexes is a part of human society as we have brains which has portions of reasoning and understanding and is constantly evolving in that direction. Scientists have proved beyond doubt that even if a person is brought up in total isolation certain traits it would develop depending the sex of the person and that is because of the genetic footprints we have of millions of years of evolution.

NB: This is not related to the topic of discussion but for general knowledge. So please don't think that I am supporting discrimination because all my other posts in the thread is against it.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

bhoomi25ChillHumsosweetreturn_to_hadesLeadNitrate-Cruiser--Chandramukhi-

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHumznursingh

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged

@Akash

I have never denied the biological differences between the genders. Of course there are some things men can do women won't be able to and vice versa. There are some behavioral differences as well due to the levels of various hormones. I am not and nor will I ever attempt to prove that men and women are equal in all aspects. My arguments are more about social justice – the simple principle of liberty and equality for all humans irrespective of race, religion, gender, nationality, caste, creed etc. etc.

The behavioral differences in men and women and societal gender stereotypes fall under the nature vs. nurture conundrum. A lot of behavioral differences are not because biology dictates different behavior but because society has ingrained different behavior. Even though written by a PhD. "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" is more of a pop culture, dating book. There are many critical works and papers published that critique some of his stereotypes.

Gender roles and gender socialization varies from culture to culture.  In the Polynesian societies studied by Margaret Mead gender roles in contemporary society were reversed.  Similar tribes have been found in Africa and South America. If you look at ancient mythic Gods – Athena and Artemis are portrayed as aggressive, calculative, leadership oriented, dominating, warrior like, traits which are usually associated with men while Apollo and Eros are portrayed as soft, playful, vain, romantic, subdued, beautiful, traits which are usually associated with women.

Even in modern times the roles for men and women vary. Latin women and African American women are known to be very loud and aggressive. They often scream and yell a lot. Using expletives or getting crude when they get into fights is not uncommon for them. Similarly many Latin and European men are soft and emotional. It is not uncommon for them to be expressive in their emotions and even cry. In European drama and literature it is not uncommon for men to cry and lament flamboyantly over broken hearts, betrayals, lost friendships etc. These go to show that gender stereotypes are not dictated purely by biology, but a majority of it is actually the roles and socialization that is ingrained by society. It seems to defy logic not because it actually does, but because throughout our lives we have been ingrained with certain views on boys and girls.

Also think about it – Can you fly the argument? Races are not equal, they have clear genetic and behavioral differences. They look different and act different. Trying to treat colored people and white people equally is absurd, ridiculous and in defiance of how nature intended us to be.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

bhoomi25ChillHum0o0o0o0o0oakash08znursinghEl_DoradososweetLeadNitrate-Chandramukhi--Cruiser-

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged

znursinghsosweet-Cruiser-

akash08 IF-Dazzler
akash08
akash08

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
@RTH,

Though there would be places where I would disagree, I will keep silence  to honour the excellent post by you. I can not remember when last time I have read such a thoughtful and well balanced writing!! It was really a pleasure to read your post!! Nice to know you!!

sosweetANNMT.-Cruiser-

znursingh IF-Dazzler

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged

sosweet-Cruiser--Chandramukhi-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index