Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 47)

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cruiser51

Originally posted by estel

See, all I am saying is it is unfortunate most of the women lib activists, many social workers, professional protestors...take up causes without even understanding the issues in their wholesome entirety! This is why most end up losing credibility because they have only a shallow connect with realities as well as real issues!

I disagree here. We can't expect them to understand everything. Time is limited. It is impossible to follow all issues and to follow the pros/cons of every situation. Women lib activists, many social workers take up causes that come to their attention. Every case, every story, every situation is different. They take up causes based on their experiences (the people that they meet and the stories that they hear). My childhood best friend is a social worker and for her every day is different.

I applaud them because at least they are putting in some effort in their work. It is easier for us to sit back and judge them when we have no knowledge of their experiences and their environment.

If I respond to this one, this thread would cross 150 pages in unintended directions!Tongue

I also admire activists and the spirit behind women's lib!

MANY, unfortunately end up harming the cause and those they are fighting for, because of their shallow and superficial understanding and approach!

If it was left to Medha Patkar, Mamta Bannerji and Arundhati Roy, there would be no more industrialization, no more electricity plants, no dams, no more development of any kind because they are against displacement of any kind!

Singur is a classic case. Mamta saw to it TATAs got kicked out of SIngur in the name of protecting interests of people who would be affected by factory set up on their land! TATAs went to Gujarat where Modi welcomed them with open arms, TATAs paid to Gujarat farmers the price that had been set up by Guj Government and those fellows have become rich overnight!

Bengal, on the other hand lost a golden opportunity of getting Singur and surrounding area transformed like Gurgaon (thanks to Maruti and it's ancillary units that transformed it into a swanking city of factories, BPOs, Mallst!---------------- Net result, those poor farmers would continue to languish in abject poverty, as has been the fate of their ancestors from time immemorial!

Oh Yes! Mamata ji successfully fought for a cause and 'WON"!ROFL

A man who can see...Applause to you brother..Clap

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by znursingh

The very fact that I clicked LIKE on your lucid post indicates that I am not the one who goes by rigid positions...I do not agree with you, I still LIKE the way you articulated your views and presented your points!Smile

Thank you Cruiser! And I like your lucidity too! So WHAT if we don't agree on all points? Right?!

When some one like you or R_T_H compliments some one for lucidity its not just a compliment...its something to dance about till one collapses, tired and breathless! Seriously!Dancing

I used to have this attitude of doing something only once I got convinced that it indeed was useful! Believe it or not Maam, I never understood why one should study Grammar!

I NEVER studied (paid attention to) English grammar! If you ask me to point out whats the adverb and whats the adjective in a sentence, I will probably end up pointing out pronouns in the sentence! It is that bad!Blushing

If I can compose sentences correctly, I swear it is because of my real Gurus, Sidney Sheldon, Alistair McLean, Robert Ludlum, James Hadley Chase, Frederick Forsyth etc. who I started reading from Grade VIth I remember.LOL

I have nothing more really to add to my supposedly regressive views on the topic and I am bowing out of it...respects to all contributors on this one...great job Chandru!!
Clap
And you killed him...keep rocking it buddy...

Edited by scofield - 14 November 2012 at 10:40am
ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
dont worry cruiser..
:People on a mental high do happen to see the world in a way they have seeen life. See I could gave chosen great big words from a dictionary but i dont need to..
I use voculabuary  to express unlke some others who do it just to satiate their ego.
ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged

Originally posted by znursingh

@ Cruiser-

Let us open a thread that bashes ALL the contestants EQUALLY!!
Call it The Clubbers?!
You WANT the Gender-Sensitives to jump on you again?Using Bharatpur,Birds and/or Bird watching on THIS thread is dangerous to your equanimity!! 
Aap bhi na, Cruiser!!

Haha Zoya Ji...that would be awesome but surely get polarized into predictable groupings yet again!Confused

In fact I was thinking of coming up with a fun post where many IF regulars feature and who claps for whom, but then, some will see red...so dropped idea! As they say...one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter!LOL

One man's villain is another man's hero.
One man's outspokenness is another man's vitriol.
one man's calmness is another man's No-manliness[Acc. to some women liberators who happen to know a lot more abt manliness then men]
One man's frankness is another man's Chugli.
I could come up with a thousand more but the truth is we the viewers are bigger hypocrite than the contestants. Atleast they have something to win.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

divinity11ANNMT.

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by Sarkar

Diwali time and this Post still cracking up ,with so many Intelligent and sensible thought poured in.
Wish This Enlightens some Sterotypes Heart as well .Waiting for a changed world.

Great Going Chandramukhi .
Clap

@bold: You are making this post seem like a revolution LOLLOL

Anyways, I am pleasantly surprised at everyone's patience who have tried to leave aside their bias for this discussion. It shows that people can have fun on the forum and at the same time participate in sane discussions.

About changed world, we are quite far and I highly doubt we can leave behind the stereotypes. But I will gladly embrace a world where such ancient stereotypes have been chopped off or modified. As far as the discussion is concerned, I am sure many of us have learned a thing or two and stirred our inner thoughts while sticking to our beliefsSmile

Thanks for your kind words and your contribution to this thread Wink
As long as poeple agree  to disagree and strive to make this world better...I wish and hope we live in thais utopia of yours, hopefully the generations to come can see clealrly.
jay8383 Senior Member
jay8383
jay8383

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 12:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ranjanruna

@Jay. I think this type of thread really expose and thrash the thought process like you just gave. I m a man but feel funny when i read your primitive era view. Please stay in that primitive era and dont wakeup or else you cant cope with the changing world.
look at this, for some to base most of their vapid thoughts on liberalism and calling it a free world they are as phoney as their idea about equality is or alternatively as demonstrated above succinty,its only a free world as long as it meets their train of thoughts rest you should zip your mouth and nod to every drivel they have in offer or else they suggest you go to sleep lmfao.For these some;its their free world to dish out their dross and yours to devour all this guff straight out of their hands like juniors.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHumakash08

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
I see BS when poeple use big words direct from dictionary.com...Words that are not used in day to day vocabulary..

Plz.. express not impress fukrasss

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

music_mastiznursinghcs-07

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index