Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 45)

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:30am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

znursingh

cs-07 IF-Dazzler
cs-07
cs-07

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
ZEM, i was waiting for your views on this .. and now that you have and i have Liked the post, it doesnt only mean that am your fan, it also means that i agree. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

znursingh-Cruiser--Chandramukhi-

znursingh IF-Dazzler

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by znursingh

Originally posted by cruiser51

DRAT! Cruiser! This season you & I are fated to be on opposite sides of "the fence"!!

its not a very comfortable situation when one means well and still gets misunderstood!
Don't be disingenuous-you are NOT being misunderstood-you are being "Not agreed with"

OK-------I am focusing on 'words' because 'words' is what it all breaks down to here! Smile
Nope Cruiser-it does NOT break down to words HERE or anywhere,unless one is shallow or being patronizing!Do not disrespect all the posters who have posted very vehemently and passionately about a matter that affects them in their everyday life! How can you presume that other posters are quibbling about words and you are posting deeply contemplative thoughts?

You say "The point is that her criticism was framed around her being a woman".
It WAS!
.I can easily visualize him getting a long winded sermon that would include words like SANKAAR, MARYADA, HUDD (limits), IZZAT-BEIZZATI, AADAR-NIRAADAR, ASHLEELTA-FOOHADTA... And NO ONE would have paid even any attention except a few innocent protest posts like, "Ufff, SIdhu kitna bolta hai...'Shocked
THAT is the problem most of us who have posted on this thread have with your posts HERE-that you can so EASILY visualize Siddhu doing all manner of creditable things with NO foundation.

As I said in my another post, In North Indian belt, in households its very common to hear stuff like,"Naak kata di tune kambakht,...kya din dikhaya haii tune beta / beti, ------Sharm aani chaahiye tujhe Naalayak, ------LOL
You ARE VERBALLY aware of this problem in the North Indian belt.Why are you so ACCEPTING of it ATTITUDINALLY? Why doesn't it infuriate you? You use it to excuse gender specific discrimination.Just because all my life I heard daughters being called "beta" (NEVER heard a son being called "beti/bitiya"!!!) doesn't mean I can/must to justify it as OK!
One's take on an expression depends on which side of fence one is sitting!Smile
ABSOLUTELY! But...(there ALWAYS is a but!) would you care to take a step back and review your opinion of Siddhu? NO?? Then why expect more of other posters who are as vehement in their opinions as you yourself are?

* As for LIKES...its just my take on how most discussions by and large fare in IF! This thread atleast has readable content!
SO??? Discrimination HERE too? If I like the views of a  particular poster over many threads-it is NOT mindless "Like" of every post or some kind of group-ism-it is merely a synchronicity of ideas,thoughts,sense of humor & language.
There are so many threads where a poster would make plain abusive or derogatory post against a contestant and a glance at his / her ID is enough to tell you,
TRUE! Or quote a long post and add just an emoticon-sorry! That's MY personal bugbear!( IS that with view to reaching a higher classification in the IF hierarchy?I mean I don't see the logic of having 5000 posts to your credit if 4900 are EMOTICONS!! Why not simple use the like button?!) with 
At times I make plain nonsensical posts in LIVE FEED thread and instinctively I know who will LIKE that silliness.
Are you patronizing your own fans NOW?! 
That way this thread is no exception too...No big deal!
I thought this thread was far more exceptional than others that speculate about the inclusion of a po*n star in BB6 or about what goes on under the blanket or those that simply say,"So-and-so ROXXX"!!
So it WAS a big deal!!

CHEERS!

No Zn Maam, on so many counts I find you not correct on above one.

But kya faayda hai?

much as I have enjoyed reading so many posts on this thread, apart from a few posts of R_T_H (who atleast tried to balance out the view points from both sides), Chandramukhi (who from time to time made some good points apart from reminding the specific scope of her topic)...& a few more posts, its mostly a case of "Females ke saath Ghore Anyaay' kind of theme running through the pages!

Since Sidhu is not supposed to be discussed, as Chandra says, why you are mentioning him? You said..."you can so EASILY visualize Siddhu doing all manner of creditable things with NO foundation."...I am not confining it to Sherry! If anyone would say to a man...as sidhu said to Sapna...that he is a badtameez, doesn't know limits of decent behavior and calling himself a gentleman, behaves in an ashleel manner, should be ashamed of himself...I WOULD BE FINE WITH IT & PERFECTLY UNDERSTAND!Smile

You said...

Just because all my life I heard daughters being called "beta" (NEVER heard a son being called "beti/bitiya"!!!) doesn't mean I can/must to justify it as OK!

-------Again very respectfully I am saying this is yet another case of making a mountain out of molehill! I personally know of a couple who used to make pony tails on their son's head, put bindi on his forehead and call him,"humaali paali Guddi' for 3 years almost! I thought the kid with his long hair, made a gorgeous doll!Tongue

Patronizing, Judgmental, Biased, Opinionated...all these colourful expressions emanate only because either one gets agitated by a counter point or doesn't have convincing reasons enough to convince someone with a counter opinion! Well, I surely haven't hurled these on anyone any where!

Simple bottom line is, I haven't come across a post that can make me change my opinion on topic on hand...not so far atleast!

I respect your and everyone else's right to stick to their  understanding / perception! So far, I see no reason why I should change mine!

Respects!

** I gave an example...during my student days, I could return home by 9.30 after finishing my Engg exam coaching...Sister had to be in touch all the time and they would go to extra lengths to ensure she is safe and be home by 7.30...And very proudlyI say, we are blessed to have the most liberal, most caring parents in world...perhaps like most members here have!...I am not for stupid liberalism that says go daughter go...enjoy your daily night club outings because we believe in EQUALITY...and then end up fighting a rape case in Tis Hazari courts of Delhi...and just in case once again some pounce on me saying Delhi is Delhi, let me assure you Delhi is  a wonderful city...much better then many small towns and cities of India where crimes against women, fearing stigma to females don;t even get reported. And if you think its only confined to India, think again...my own MBA classmate in Uk, a beautiful Pakistani girl got mauled and molested (who knows perhaps raped), in GREAT BRITAIN...all because she was returning to her Uni accommodation late at night, alone from a pub!

If tomorrow I have a daughter, I will go to extra lengths to ensure her safety and security...don;t even mind waiting outside the night club where her friends are having a good time with her to bring her home safely!...If some shrill women libbers call me outdated and old fashioned for that, I am delighted to be labelled that!

AS LONG AS STAKES ARE DIFFERENT...SOCIETY WIll ADDRESS THE ISSUES DIFFERENTLY!

Edited by cruiser51 - 14 November 2012 at 2:25am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

music_mastiznursinghRainbowWarrior-shabz--Chandramukhi-

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:23am | IP Logged

Originally posted by nirvanlove

ZEM, i was waiting for your views on this .. and now that you have and i have Liked the post, it doesnt only mean that am your fan, it also means that i agree. LOL

TRY explaining to Cruiser!! I do NOT attribute sinister motives nor doubt the intelligence of those who hit the like button at my posts-I simply presume that they genuinely liked my POV!!

PS=You are NOT a fan???? I'm heart broken!!!

The very fact that I clicked LIKE on your lucid post indicates that I am not the one who goes by rigid positions...

I do not agree with you, and yet, I admire, the way you articulated your views, presented your points
and thats why clicked the LIKE tab!Smile

Edited by cruiser51 - 14 November 2012 at 3:58am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorznursingh

nishu786 IF-Sizzlerz
nishu786
nishu786

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akash08

Well it is not correct to comment without reading 48 pages but still can not resist.

To me gender equality means - equal right for men and women. equal right to social security, job, pay, voting, marriage, right to divorce, right to work - whatever. Gender equity in these areas must be achieved and anyone questioning this must be condemned.

However, I have seen (and see everyday) enough number of feminists who drag the definition of gender equity too far to prove men = women. They are not - they are created biologically different and they will always be different. There is no superior or inferior here - just that men and women will always remain biologically different and hence emotional behaviour would be different and hence the expectation of the society will be different. After all it is hormones that control our reactions and they are not same in men and women.

Going by that if society thinks a woman is generally more shy than a man and spells out that - protesting against that is a feminist outburst to me. However, if a woman is disadvantaged just because she is not feeling shy, that must be condemned again because her right of equality should never be compromised.

In this particular instance, I do not think Sidhu ever meant to look down to Sapna. He just mentioned Sapna's behaviour does not match with the typical behaviour of majority of women and there is nothing wrong in expressing that. If he would have said Sapna is a disgrace to human kind because she is not shy, she should be thrown out of house because she is not shy or her face should be blackened because she is not shy etc. etc. - definitely condemn him all out!!

@Green

I completely agree with you buddy. 

@red
both male & female members r stretching this issue here. This is important topic,i guess most members of this forum already put their views in this thread,still for the sake of it ppl r stretching it. 

Women can't say that just bcoz of men,Society have such mindset that they expect women to behave in a certain way. Women r responsible too for this.

Thinking of Society can't be changed easily,it will take tremendous effort by both men & women.

Discussing this on forum here will not do any good to condition of women in real world.  Not all,but most ppl will discuss topic here & after few days they will forget this issue & move on to other issue. 
If anyone wanna do good in virtual world ,then do blogging abt this issue & try to reach as many ppl as u can. it will atleast do some good in spreading awareness.

If we really want to make change ,Everyone need to put an effort on real world & try to change the mindset of ppl around us. And,it's not easy thing. Ppl r so busy in their own life,that they hardly look around what's happening in society ,ppl will watch news or read news papers & criticise ppl who treat women wrong,but they themselves will not take any step to make a change.

Edited by nishu786 - 14 November 2012 at 3:45am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

music_mastics-07RainbowWarriorShayu.

znursingh IF-Dazzler

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:37am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHum-Chandramukhi--Cruiser-

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by cruiser51

The very fact that I clicked LIKE on your lucid post indicates that I am not the one who goes by rigid positions...I do not agree with you, I still LIKE the way you articulated your views and presented your points!Smile

Thank you Cruiser! And I like your lucidity too! So WHAT if we don't agree on all points? Right?!

When some one like you or R_T_H compliments some one for lucidity its not just a compliment...its something to dance about till one collapses, tired and breathless! Seriously!Dancing

I used to have this attitude of doing something only once I got convinced that it indeed was useful! Believe it or not Maam, I never understood why one should study Grammar!

I NEVER studied (paid attention to) English grammar! If you ask me to point out whats the adverb and whats the adjective in a sentence, I will probably end up pointing out pronouns in the sentence! It is that bad!Blushing

If I can compose sentences correctly, I swear it is because of my real Gurus, Sidney Sheldon, Alistair McLean, Robert Ludlum, James Hadley Chase, Frederick Forsyth etc. who I started reading from Grade VIth I remember.LOL

I have nothing more really to add to my supposedly regressive views on the topic and I am bowing out of it...respects to all contributors on this one...great job Chandru!!
Clap

Edited by cruiser51 - 14 November 2012 at 3:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHumznursinghEl_Dorado-Chandramukhi-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index