Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 44)

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

znursinghcs-07

Gnarly_Quinn Senior Member
Gnarly_Quinn
Gnarly_Quinn

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by akash08

Well it is not correct to comment without reading 48 pages but still can not resist.

To me gender equality means - equal right for men and women. equal right to social security, job, pay, voting, marriage, right to divorce, right to work - whatever. Gender equity in these areas must be achieved and anyone questioning this must be condemned.

However, I have seen (and see everyday) enough number of feminists who drag the definition of gender equity too far to prove men = women. They are not - they are created biologically different and they will always be different. There is no superior or inferior here - just that men and women will always remain biologically different and hence emotional behaviour would be different and hence the expectation of the society will be different. After all it is hormones that control our reactions and they are not same in men and women.

Going by that if society thinks a woman is generally more shy than a man and spells out that - protesting against that is a feminist outburst to me. However, if a woman is disadvantaged just because she is not feeling shy, that must be condemned again because her right of equality should never be compromised.

In this particular instance, I do not think Sidhu ever meant to look down to Sapna. He just mentioned Sapna's behaviour does not match with the typical behaviour of majority of women and there is nothing wrong in expressing that. If he would have said Sapna is a disgrace to human kind because she is not shy, she should be thrown out of house because she is not shy or her face should be blackened because she is not shy etc. etc. - definitely condemn him all out!!

let me clarify even before I proceed to comment on your post that i  am not either a siddhu or sapna-ist, in fact I dislike both of them for separate reasons, but i just couldn't resist on commenting especially because of the highlighted part of your statement.

reducing a man/woman to their sexuality is called biological determinism. the idea that a man is supposed to 'act like a man' because-- well he has a phallus, and a woman 'like a woman' because she lacks that is not only regressive and extremely patriarch but it also very sexist, that is reducing a human being to her/his biological sex. if i do accept your hypothesis for argument's sake (that a woman or a man for that matter should behave the way society expects her /his to) then how do you define what should be the ideal characteristic of a transgendered person? or a hermaphrodite? what should they behave like? a man or a woman? and what about gays/lesbians? according to the 'norms' set by the society a man shouldn't love a man...hence, do I deduce being gay is unnatural then?
just my two cents as a woman trying to make it in a patriarch world :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 12:48am | IP Logged

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by cruiser51

One's take on an expression depends on which side of fence one is sitting!Smile

Finally something I can agree with you here LOL

Exactly, if you will be sitting on the other side of the fence and can't relate with the expression being used, you might not be able to understand the----(the point I and Aakash are making!)
objection some of us girls are raising.

But then again, it isn't about just one expression only, it is about stereotypes in general. The way girls are stereotyped, same applies to guys as well. But then again if you fit the perception of the society you might not be able to relate to those who actually don't.

Well, I can see we are going in circles here. So it's better to agree with whatever we can and disagree with the rest.

@BOLD & RED: and that exactly is the problem with point of view of 'some of the girls' that you mentioned Chandramukhi Ji!
Tongue

@GREEN: Agree!
Party

Edited by cruiser51 - 14 November 2012 at 1:15am

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:26am | IP Logged

One's take on an expression depends on which side of fence one is sitting!Smile

Finally something I can agree with you here LOL

Exactly, if you will be sitting on the other side of the fence and can't relate with the expression being used, you might not be able to understand the----(the point I and Aakash are making!)
objection some of us girls are raising.

But then again, it isn't about just one expression only, it is about stereotypes in general. The way girls are stereotyped, same applies to guys as well. But then again if you fit the perception of the society you might not be able to relate to those who actually don't.

Well, I can see we are going in circles here. So it's better to agree with whatever we can and disagree with the rest.

@BOLD & RED: and that exactly is the problem with point of view of 'some of the girls' that you mentioned Chandramukhi Ji!
Tongue

@GREEN: Agree!
Party

Stop twisting the words alright.

Just cuz our views do not match up, doesn't mean the problem lies with our POV. Seriously, this childish tactic is beyond me. So I am done here. Thanks again for your brilliant input.

Ye lo...aap karo toh Leela hai, hum karein toh paap?Shocked

Jai ho, Jai ho!!
LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMT.

znursingh IF-Dazzler

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorcs-07-Cruiser-return_to_hades-Chandramukhi-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index