Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!
Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 42)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged

@Cruiser

I have to say I am surprised and actually quite disappointed that you stooped low into questioning "likes" and the age old "women have it in for men" argument. Of all the people on IF, I really didn't expect this from you. I used to think you were amidst the mature and reasonable guys.

Now I have not been in other threads, but in this specific thread I do have some problems with your line of reasoning. I definitely don't think you are saying the same thing as I did. There is a  difference between "men have expectations too, deal with it" and "men have expectations too, and some of those are unfair as well". Now perhaps you don't mean to frame it as "deal with it" but it comes across that way. You also seem to be focusing on the "words" saying you have been called "asheel" as well. But you appear to miss the point that the point is not about Sapna being called "asheel" or lacking "lajja". The point is that her criticism was framed around her being a woman.

That being said I do agree that sometimes women get a bit  too passionate and carried away in gender equality debates. It is not that we are biased against men, dislike men or want some sort of vengeance. It is difficult being a woman, especially an Indian (desi) woman. There are a lot of frustrations, desperations and hurt emotions. I won't go into details. But the point is, you don't have to agree with us or our perspectives, but a little bit of empathy can go a very long way. And yes, perhaps we can do more to try and understand the male point of view. But cribbing and complaining really is not the way. Unless you are conspiring to get back at women for all the time we crib and whine and nag. Tongue

Yes, the last sentence was a gender stereotype against women. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-

devilish_angel IF-Rockerz
devilish_angel
devilish_angel

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged
I feel like saluting u guys for writing so muchStern SmileClap

-Chandramukhi-

ANNMT. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The-Voice

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chochokamurabba

but u cant blame only man  for gender diffrance issue  bcs i saw many women    also doing this with other woman  ...i  mean people think  that only men   ki thinking asi hoti hai     but mainey  kayi ladkio ko   dusri ladkoi pe comment kartey dekha   jinkey acco      unka drssing style kesa  hona chahiye  , bolna chaahiye     ,  with their husband kese behave karna chahiye    ...most of the time    women asey   points deti hai     even on  boyfriends issue also    jo bahot   stereotype hotey hain   but when khud pe baat aati hai to  same girls ke saarey rule change    ho jaatey hai    , so i can see clearly doublestandard here    girls ki side se bhi

Did I ever blame men for gender stereotypes? I said it was a problem in society. Society includes both genders and people of all backgrounds. I've even acknowledged that men are treated unfairly sometimes due to gender stereotypes.

I'm not sure what your point is in listing all this in response to my post. Makes no sense, because I've not displayed double standards nor have I stereotyped/blamed only men  Confused

-Chandramukhi-

ANNMT. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged

no no  ...i said  many girls shows dublestandard ...that doublestandard point was not for u 

Ok. Sorry, I was confused that you thought i was blaming men and having double standard.  LOL

ANNMT.

The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged

but u cant blame only man  for gender diffrance issue  bcs i saw many women    also doing this with other woman  ...i  mean people think  that only men   ki thinking asi hoti hai     but mainey  kayi ladkio ko   dusri ladkoi pe comment kartey dekha   jinkey acco      unka drssing style kesa  hona chahiye  , bolna chaahiye     ,  with their husband kese behave karna chahiye    ...most of the time    women asey   points deti hai     even on  boyfriends issue also    jo bahot   stereotype hotey hain   but when khud pe baat aati hai to  same girls ke saarey rule change    ho jaatey hai    , so i can see clearly doublestandard here    girls ki side se bhi

I'll have to agree with you on that. Women do practice a lot of double-standards and it has been evident time and over again. I suspect the thread to go berserk, the moment I open my mouth. LOL

Edited by -Xaffron- - 13 November 2012 at 11:16am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMT.-Cruiser-

kaushikbasu IF-Rockerz
kaushikbasu
kaushikbasu

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
I had written in one of the pages a long time back, a lot of time it is meant what is said I very strongly disagree to such sexist statements. I even object to the statement per say as well. Just an example a person is not man enough to face a situation or Aurton ki tarah chugli karta hai etc.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorreturn_to_hadesThe-Voice-Chandramukhi-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index