Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 38)

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarrior

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades-Cruiser-

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Im sorry chandra but somehow you end up thinking that any repsonse is against you or your thought process. Mostly things i write are usually general observations. Dont worry my friend, when i disagree with you Ill type it in here..
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by scofield

I wonder if we all support her actions just coz she defies the societal norms; why do we shriek when the likes of sambhavna seth swear. Her western ways? I am not sure from where you are drawing this speculation from. Swearing isn't something which has to be applauded or even liked, whether it is Sapna or Sambhavna. The point is to judge someone who swears based on their gender is the issue here. Criticize wrong actions without involving gender induced statements. Modesty is loved by all, but it doesn't mean, someone's freedom should be suppressed because of some old age stereotype. And it isn't like day in and out I am promoting someone to swear. I am simply stating that we all are humans and we all loose cool. We shout, get violent, rely on foul language, then why do girls get reminded time and again about some Lajja crap and how it doesn't fit within a perception of being a woman. So I hope you can see what I am trying to say here. 
I agree with you in a way and thats what i was trying to portray, sorry im not good in penning my thoughts,This has nothing to do with gender. Thats the reason i chose sambhavna over the likes of Raja,Sky, KRk and so forth. What im trying to say is that how a woman dresses or portrays does affect how we judge them. Why is Sapna's gaali different from the ones that sambahvnas spew out. Again nothing against you just a general societal observation,
People like sapna for whatever reasons including me. But we shall not be blinded to see her as some kinda champion. In the end the image sells[ yes im sold too].Had it not been for her looks, her demeanor and going against socirty, she would not be here. 
If sampat did the exact thing that she's been doing  do you think there'd so many fans and ATs.

Somehow our generation has grown up with the media feeding us  that everything western liberalism is great and everything indian conservative is something uncool and Neanderthal.  Again this might be your perception or experience to come up with a generalized statement like it. Aurat = gahena = Lajja, this stereotype and why many are objecting it has nothing to do with being westernized. It definitely has to do with being liberal and I am sure there are many Indians who fall in this category. You are mixing two different issues here. And on a side note, why is it so bad to embrace good qualities of a different culture, I do not see anything wrong with it. Your next statements shows that itself about westerns being interested in eastern cultures, then why do people get offended if good aspects of western culture gets integrated in our own culture. I do not see anything wrong with it. If you are referring to BW going the HW way or many such blind following of western culture, I might agree with you. But that's another topic to talk about.
I have been saying time and again that i did not like those words at all.But that does not entail that sidhu is a villain and sapna is some kinda Jhansi ki rani.
Coming back to being westernized i did not say that it was wrong or mixing up cultures is bad, heck im myself more westernized, have a white jewish GF that always comes to my home to visit my parents...Plan on proposing to her..Confused So im no nationalist, or a nazi. What i do have problem with is these new immigrants that assume that living in a white man's land makes them white. Im sure you know of plenty of examples. If you dont im glad you are surrounded by the perfect humans. Coz i see it everyday in canada. 

While the western world is waking upto eastern cultures and traditions..growth rate zero, high divorce rates and more than half of the mothers are single. No wonder where in society these children end up. Buddy you are going to a different tangent and a different debate all together. Nothing to do with societal picturization of woman.
True it is a different tangent

Renewed interest in yoga and ayurveda[ which actually has been scientifically proven] while we in india have all forgotten about these.

Oh yes masala curry some of my fellows indians are ashamed of, has been proven to give you physical and mostly mental benefits. All these statements of yours seem to be hinting towards your prejudice towards certain Indians. I live in Canada and here people relish on Indian food and spices. My everyday starts with the same masala and ends with the same, nothing shameful about one's own roots. And I have seen many Indians in the same boat as me. So I feel your statements are very general and loosely used to express your views or experience. Anyways, this has nothing to do with topic, so let's not deviate.
See you chandra are juist like me but the ugly truth is not everyone thinks alike. I seen people embrace what they are and give the middle finger to the world but the majority sheeple would follow the herd..

Anyways, I have tried to reply to your post to my best ability, but let's stick to our narrow lane, or it will be difficult to find our way back in
. And your ability is pretty good, awesome actually.Clap

Edited by scofield - 12 November 2012 at 3:58pm

-Chandramukhi-

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:32pm | IP Logged

ChillHum

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Well lets do that and stay on topic. lol.
But chandra applause tp you. you are not only intelligent but also a good human who can see stuff outisde the binders..Keep rocking it my friend

-Chandramukhi--Cruiser-

-Cruiser- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cruiser-
-Cruiser-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ranjanruna

You still avoiding both questions. I m not speaking about galies or which gender do more or honour killing is good or not.

Problem with your questions is they are as vague as any that can be!

You want to generalize on basis of specifics!

Dragging of honour killing in this debate is irrelevant as it is not an issue that is relevant to any of the posters in this thread (except for a disturbing concern that it happens in their country in some specific cultures and regions).

OK, let me break it...for me India, Bharat, Hindustan, Bharat  Varsha etc. are different countries that have different issues for their people!

India is of Upper and middle class elites,(members like you, me and all others who have registered their presence on thread),--- whose issues and life style is very different ----------mostly, INDIANS and may be some similar fellow friends from Pakistan could be there...(call it people trying to discuss issues that affect and agitate them.

Bharat belongs to a vast majority that has little to do with Shining Indians except that they too graduate in their regional languages and look in awe at their swanky English speaking fellows who do all kinds of jobs like IT related-Call Centers...I can go on to define Bharat Vasrsha chaps as conservative RSS-Bajrang Dal for whom Valentines Day celebration is sacrilege just as a mini skirt wearing girl is a s**t...Hindustan only because its an Urdu word, I can use to explain issues of Muslim bretherns in Old Delhi, Lucknow, Hyderabad, some of them even grappling with the idea of whether to educate their daughters at all or not!

There are millions of slum dwellers and rag pickers in India who do not even know their country's name is India! Their issues are as different from yours and mine as are food habits of a hard core non-vegetarian Punjabi from a pure Gujarati Veggie!

So rather than jumping from one goal post to other, better is to stick to one issue on hand. The people who indulge in honour killing have NOTHING in common with you, me or any poster here on this thread, so I won't waste any breath on them except for labelling them as idiots belonging to a different age and culture!

Here simple statement is,"Lajja Naari ka sabse bada aabhooshan hai! Jis mein Lajja naheen, jo ashleel hai, use guidance ki zaroorat hai!"

Sidhu said Jis aurat mein because he was speaking to a woman...thats a political slip of language at the most, nothing sinister about it! And Sidhu comes from North India where its a way of speaking!...Had Sidhu said JIS INSAAN MEIN LAJJA naheen, Ashleelta hai, Koi discussion hi naheen hota! Its as simple as that!

My  mother also did call me an ASHLEEL fellow indulging in Ashleelta all because she discovered a Playboy in my bag!...She too screamed Shame on you and a lot more! No big deal!
......In North Indian belt--frequently sons and daughters get chided in exactly these words and phrases!Tongue

Edited by cruiser51 - 12 November 2012 at 9:23pm

ChillHumsarasingh86

ChillHum Senior Member
ChillHum
ChillHum

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cruiser51

Originally posted by ranjanruna

You still avoiding both questions. I m not speaking about galies or which gender do more or honour killing is good or not.

Problem with your questions is they are as vague as any that can be!

You want to generalize on basis of specifics!

Dragging of honour killing in this debate is irrelevant as it is not an issue that is relevant to any of the posters in this thread (except for a concern that it happens in their country in some specific cultures and regions).

OK, let me break it...for me India, Bharat, Hindustan, Bharat  Varsha etc. are different countries that have different issues for their people!

India is of Upper and middle class elites whose issues and life style is very different (and on this thread mostly, Indians and may be some similar fellow friends from Pakistan could be there...(call it people trying to discuss issues that affect and agitate them.

Bharat belongs to a vast majority that has little to do with Shining Indians except that they too graduate in their regional languages and look in awe at their swanky English speaking fellows who do all kinds of jobs like IT related-Call Centers...I can go on to define Bharat Vasrsha chaps as conservative RSS-Bajrang Dal for whom Valentines Day celebration is sacrilege just as a mini skirt wearing girl is a s**t...Hindustan only because its an Urdu word, I can use to explain issues of Muslim bretherns in Old Delhi, Lucknow, Hyderabad, some of them even grappling with the idea of whether to educate their daughters at all or not!

So rather than jumping from one goal post to other, better is to stick to one issue on hand. The people who indulge in honour killing have NOTHING in common with you, me or any poster here on this thread, so I won't waste any breath on them except for labelling them as idiots belonging to a different age and culture!

Here simple statement is,"Lajja Naari ka sabse bada aabhooshan hai! Jis mein Lajja naheen, jo ashleel hai, use guidance ki zaroorat hai!"

Sidhu said Jis aurat mein because he was speaking to a woman...thats a political slip of language at the most, nothing sinister about it! And Sidhu comes from North India where its a way of speaking!...Had Sidhu said JIS INSAAN MEIN LAJJA naheen, Ashleelta hai, Koi discussion hi naheen hota! Its as simple as that!

My  mother also did call me an ASHLEEL fellow indulging in Ashleelta all because she discovered a Playboy in my bag!...She too screamed Shame on you and a lot more! No big deal!
......In North Indian belt--frequently sons and daughters get chided in exactly these words and phrases!Tongue

Clap
Cruiser bhai you are awesome with the skills you have.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
I'll try to keep this short (super task for me) because I'm actually sleepy at 10 PM. LOL

@Guess_who

Yes, gender differences and role expectations are very common. They have been ingrained in society for many years. It is not just in India, but across the world in many cultures. But just because it is culturally expected does not mean that it is fair and acceptable.

(although not all societies were male dominated. e.g Margaret Mead's studies on Polynesian cultures and matriarchal societies, many cultures are also matrilineal)

Men have expectations too, and not all are fair. I have a problem with those as well. Men should not have to simply respect someone for being a lady. Respect is mutual and earned. Don't hit a girl, don't ever cry, be a man, they can all be unfair and unrealistic expectations of men.

I'm personally against rigid social notions whether it is about men or women. I find them to be biased and unfair, sometimes against men and sometimes against women. Even if unintentional, it is still a bias and these perceptions need to be changed. This topic was about women, but there are several issues where men get the short end of the stick as well.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHumguess_wh0znursingh-Cruiser--Chandramukhi-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index