Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 32)

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

guess_wh0blackie

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_wh0

Isn't being modest a good quality?

Yes it is

Genhne are supposed to make a woman look beautiful. So then the quote, according to my understanding, would mean :

"Modesty makes a woman prettier than any piece of jewellery can"

The problem is making it about women. Honesty, integrity, modesty, self respect, sincerity, respect - these are all positive qualities for any human. They make any human likable and have a more attractive personality. Siddhu's words made it seem that only women are expected to have it.

Its just a rehash of all the inner beauty crap you hear all the time. Still don't understand, why the women are so mad? Is it because Sidhu said it?

I didn't perceive it as a rehash of inner beauty. I perceived it as society dictating how women should behave. Traditional male dominated society expects a forced "lajja" from women, but does not expect such "lajja" from men. Traditional male society allows men to be "asheel" but still expect "lajja" in return from women.

So it was surprising to hear such an old fashioned sentiment from someone like Siddhu who is not known to subscribe to such views. It is not just about Siddhu, I have a problem with any person who makes such statements.

That being said, I am not angry or upset at Siddhu, nor do I think less of him. I think he made an honest  mistake. He should have said "modesty makes people well liked and respected" rather than "modesty is a woman's most precious ornament".

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

guess_wh0blackieChameli_billi-Chandramukhi-

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:59pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

blackie-Chandramukhi-return_to_hades

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:04am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

guess_wh0

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged

I'm dying for the day women outnumber men at clubs, pay the tab on a date, catfights over the stupidest things, watch football games on a sunday etc etc etc. Heaven awaits.

You haven't met many cheeseheads have you. No wonder they say Packerland is heaven.

guess_wh0

jay8383 Senior Member
jay8383
jay8383

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged

so funny to see a few woman ranting out in self pity of how they have been told consistently to behave,are not males told to behave in a certain way as in keeping their physical prowess in check,its not a free world it never was,it was it when alpha males used to be on a spree like raping machines and others would kill in jelousy,obsessiveness and other emotions known to human beings...so it was an agreement to start with.for men to supress ter natural instincts and ability and for woman to shy away from indulging in demeanours that could lure a man into losing it.now societies have come and gone but the agreement remains in form of customs such as one woman for one man as in marriages etc etc.the agreement remained all through the centuries and centuries and thousands of years of evolution while the fads like feminism have not been able to sustain themselves and never will, this is just a passing phase and will die out in the natural course of events wid d so boastd idea of eqty tht it neva hd in root.
Unconventional IF-Sizzlerz
Unconventional
Unconventional

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 4:29am | IP Logged

35 pages...and only sensible talks...too good...Thumbs Up

-Chandramukhi-

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

znursinghUnconventional

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index