Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 31)

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music_masti

ReallyCool IF-Sizzlerz
ReallyCool
ReallyCool

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chochokamurabba

Originally posted by DiviNitya

I agree with Sidhuji for part he addressed to Sapna n said as it is but true that generalisation of women thing was wrong but to what she behave n said manythings on him in personal attack yeh mu thod jawab tha! I dont think he meant it as to any other at all tho it seemed that way at the end, its only to her! And the sentence that was most hard hitting was the last1 & Wow He was hurt tho he didnt show that day when she abused him! So if it was some1else I would have said its v wrong but coz its sapna coz she did such to more than 1 person so Im just kinda neutral about it! She herself abused another woman urvashi n on more too! And Sapna is oldest of all women in bbhouse but Way sapna behaved is not general meaning of liberal women too..aggression & outrageous behaviour is equally wrong between men n women! If a guy did what she did that day, it would have become huge national hysteria but she was spared like nothing happened!

About modesty in general is not just a womens prorogative, men r equally liable too!

</div> very true   , n i think   siddu ko bhi benefit of dought dena chaahiye same like sapna , she also said   almost same thing aboout women , her " nanga naach " statment    was so wrong      but usey   spare kiya gya coz she is women   if same thing   kaashif bol deta   then i think people reaction   bahot diffrent hota
<div>
   sapna har cheez mai gendercard use karti hai    so ye bilkul correct   way tha siddu ka same gender card use karkey    usey   batana that she was wrong

when she do vulgre ishara then its ok for her   ( jo ki girls ko pasand nhi aaya ) but vhi koi boy asa koi ishara kar dey   in same   game sprit    then vnha sapna for sure gender card le ke aayegi LOL

Absolutely Nice points! Sapna uses gender card a lot, all in adv!
Haan kashif yaa rajiv karte tho saab ladkhiya rai ka pahad kardete ab tak
Sapna ko abi tak samaj mai ahi aaya woh kitna galta behave kari thi, no apology nor anything
Aur oh vulgar ishare n batamizi is nothing but ashleelata
Muhje bohut bura laga the way she spoke to Sidhuji publicly, i dont like vulgar outburst ppl!
Confidence is not in showingoff loud, it speaks for itself n way sapna does is cause of low self-esteem!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

guess_wh0

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHumguess_wh0

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

ChillHummusic_masti

blackie IF-Dazzler
blackie
blackie

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_wh0

Originally posted by ranjanruna

Lajja nari ka gehena hota hai . why it is demeaning bcoz this gehena decide and imposed by male without asking woman. It imposed in they pschy of the society . Simple a woman wear a jeans doesnot considered a lajja gehena in say metro then if she move to town chances is 50% then if she goes to interrior village it is 100 nd if it to a khap panchayat influence haryana village area it is 100% one meter pallu clad saree or else who know may be honour killing just like honour killing in intercaste marriage. Here the meaning of lajja for woman changed from place to place, conservative level of society and woman lajya consider as honour of man. Loud nd asleel behaviour is bad side of a personality but if one say lajja is biggest jewellery of woman than imagine 1 meter pallu clad woman sapna is blushing with lajja while doing hair cutting.

Ok that's going too far. I'm sure that's not what Sidhu meant. His wife is a doctor, a MLA so I'm positive that's not how the man thinks.

Isn't being modest a good quality?

Genhne are supposed to make a woman look beautiful. So then the quote, according to my understanding, would mean :

"Modesty makes a woman prettier than any piece of jewellery can"

Its just a rehash of all the inner beauty crap you hear all the time. Still don't understand, why the women are so mad? Is it because Sidhu said it?

@Bold

I would still be mad if anyone else other than Siddhu had said it. We are discussing the flawed statement here. Regardless of who expressed it, I consider it demeaning. 

-Chandramukhi-Chameli_billi

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_wh0

Originally posted by ranjanruna

Lajja nari ka gehena hota hai . why it is demeaning bcoz this gehena decide and imposed by male without asking woman. It imposed in they pschy of the society . Simple a woman wear a jeans doesnot considered a lajja gehena in say metro then if she move to town chances is 50% then if she goes to interrior village it is 100 nd if it to a khap panchayat influence haryana village area it is 100% one meter pallu clad saree or else who know may be honour killing just like honour killing in intercaste marriage. Here the meaning of lajja for woman changed from place to place, conservative level of society and woman lajya consider as honour of man. Loud nd asleel behaviour is bad side of a personality but if one say lajja is biggest jewellery of woman than imagine 1 meter pallu clad woman sapna is blushing with lajja while doing hair cutting.

Ok that's going too far. I'm sure that's not what Sidhu meant. His wife is a doctor, a MLA so I'm positive that's not how the man thinks.

Isn't being modest a good quality?

Genhne are supposed to make a woman look beautiful. So then the quote, according to my understanding, would mean :

"Modesty makes a woman prettier than any piece of jewellery can"

Its just a rehash of all the inner beauty crap you hear all the time. Still don't understand, why the women are so mad? Is it because Sidhu said it?

Because you're not a woman.LOLLOL

It is demeaning because all our lives (since the beginning of time in history) we've been told to sit a certain way, speak a certain way, dress a certain way, act a certain way by society. So when someone on TV reinforces those stereotypes , it naturally pisses us off. We personally may not have had to go through it but many women before us have had to deal with such rigid stereotypes. Thus, it does not matter if Siddhu says it or someone else says it. Nobody likes to be told what to do especially when the advice/command is gender specific and that is why most girls here are pissed. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChillHumguess_wh0blackie-Chandramukhi-MithiBani

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged

music_masti-Chandramukhi-

ilovetrashtv Goldie
ilovetrashtv
ilovetrashtv

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

I thought Siddhu was harsh on Sapna. I'm surprised she remained quiet during the entire tirade. Good on her, otherwise she would have proved him right. 

The whole lajja thing threw me off too when I was watching the episode. I was like W*F and what's this ashleelta nonsense- taking a page of Urvashi, are we? He simply hopped onto the Sapna bashing bandwagon.

Actually, I have always been uncomfortable with Siddhu supporting Sapna. More like the reason he supports her for. It's always like he's doing her a favour. That she is a bechaari, has psychological issues, carrying all that bojh. That in itself is so sexist. And for what reason? Because she is tattooed? Because she has lived her life in her own term? Because she is volatile? No! The honest answer is that because she is different.

He did not reveal so much about her in his speech as much as he did about himself. I wouldn't want him to be the MP of my constituency. He would set it back a 50 years. 

Now, lajja is a positive attribute. He could have used Aatma Samman (self respect) though. If he did indeed mean "shame" as the most important attribute of a woman then I can think of dozens before it. But even then I wouldn't. Because judging based on appearance is for ignorants. 

-Chandramukhi-Chameli_billi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index