Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

India-Forums

Lajja = Modesty = Women ?? (Page 3)

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tony_StraK786

sarasingh86 IF-Rockerz
sarasingh86
sarasingh86

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:46am | IP Logged
chalo ek example Wink

ok imagine niketen in place of sapna. Suppose niketen would have done what sapna did. Now niketen has been proclaiming to be giving message of men empowerment (Sounds funnyLOL and did what sapna did..( her loud behavior).
Now sidhuji explaining niketen same thing that hey look since u have been trying to give message of men empowerment, but the way u are behaving doesn't examplifies it.  And at end he says Best thing for men is to show dignity n by behaving loud ur loosing that. Now does that mean girls have special advantage of being expemted from being dignified. No. Its just that sidhu mentioned the word aurat ka gehna laaja..and it sound sexist instead if he would have said insaan ka gehna laaja..it would have sounded normal. His intentions seemed genuine.

Edited by sarasingh86 - 09 November 2012 at 4:49am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-khamosshhh

Tony_StraK786 IF-Addictz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged

-Chandramukhi-

crazy4fawad Goldie
crazy4fawad
crazy4fawad

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by tere_mere

It was good he pointed out her mistake! That was a good thing. He just should not have used the Lajja thing! There is no need of gender card here!
Apart from that, everything else he said while talking to sapna..made sense...!

but lets not overanalyse this as well Smile i will just give him benefit of doubt in the sense,.that jahan 100 baatein sahi kahi..wahan 2 baatein galat bhi ho sakti hai Smile after a;ll..he isnt god but only human and can do mistakes like this one!

Agreed may be those weren't his intentions and as usual he was using his Siddhuism, which in this case, is outdated to me.

I am simply opened his topic for discussion in general if you agree with women's real ornament is "Lajja" or modesty. You do not have to include him, just few words on this cliched line which I hear time to time in media to entertainment sector to many individuals.

In That context, women's real ornament is "Lajja" or modesty  is not something that I agree with! I would say this extends to both men & women! even men should have sense of shame or lajja (as in modesty), Dignity, tameez in them and same is the case for women!Smile for me..all this goes for both men & women!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMT.-Chandramukhi-khamosshhhChameli_billi

khamosshhh IF-Sizzlerz
khamosshhh
khamosshhh

Ah ok. I do agree tht the onus of "lajja" does not lie solely on the woman and it's not a woman's prerogative, but Sidhu saying tht too isn't wrong coz he is like a patriach in a patriacal society and however much we may want to deny it, India is a predominantly patriarcal society. Also as u said CM, he does belong to a previous generation.

It's like with my parents there was a line that was drawn between me and my brother on the basis of gender as that was their way of thinking and I don't blame them. But I don't do tht with my son and daughter and bringing them a equal genders as that's how my thinking has evolved.

-Chandramukhi-

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

sarasingh86khamosshhh

Tony_StraK786 IF-Addictz

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:52am | IP Logged

-Chandramukhi-khamosshhh

sarasingh86 IF-Rockerz
sarasingh86
sarasingh86

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by sarasingh86

chalo ek example Wink

ok imagine niketen in place of sapna. Suppose niketen would have done what sapna did. Now niketen has been proclaiming to be giving message of man empowerment (Sounds funnyLOL and did what sapna did..( her loud behavior).
Now sidhuji explaining niketen same thing that hey look since u have been trying to give message of men empowerment, but the way u are behaving doesn't examplifies it.  And at end he says Best thing for men is to show dignity n by behaving loud ur loosing that. Now does that mean girls have special advantage of being expemted from being dignified. No. Its just that sidhu mentioned the word aurat ka gehna laaja..and it sound sexist instead if he would have said insaan ka gehna laaja..it would have sounded normal. His intentions seemed genuine.

Sara ji, I am not pointing any objections towards his intentions. I have already praised him for his good deeds. So no need for such defense. I get your point.

My point was that he shouldn't have used such a general statement on a public platform where people are hearing him out and he is going to represent people including women being the MP. To me his thoughts shout "regression" which I have heard from many older generation folks and even from people belonging to the so called 21st centery.

I agree . I am just trying to think from his perspective. Maybe use of word "Aurat"  was misfit rather he would have generalized it as "insaan"Big smile His intentions are misread here that why i was trying to think thorough

Edited by sarasingh86 - 09 November 2012 at 4:54am

divinity11

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index